Hard Drive replacement on Xbox One X

Discus and support Hard Drive replacement on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cant seem to find a legitimate answer to this question. CAN I remove the internal hard drive of the Xbox ONE X and replace it with an SSD, and NOT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Neckbeardington, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Hard Drive replacement on Xbox One X

I cant seem to find a legitimate answer to this question.

CAN I remove the internal hard drive of the Xbox ONE X and replace it with an SSD, and NOT be console banned from xbox live?

I know that modding hardware is against the TOS of xbox live and Microsoft. Some people say yes and some say no. My Xbox ONE X is my backup console so I was going to tinker with it. I am just wondering how they would know if you have an SSD in it and if I can be console banned or IP banned from using XBOX live anymore. I have a ton of games and over almost 150,000 Gamerscore, I don't want anything to happen. I have had my account for over 10 years and never had another one so losing all my stuff would be completely catastrophic.

Thanks for anyone who can help. I am just looking for an answer. I have never opened my console because its still under warranty to the store for about another year. So its just for reference as to what I can do. I only want to know about changing the internal drive to an SSD for faster start up and navigation. I have games all on external drives.

:)

Neckbeardington, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Enetico Win User

What's the speed of the hard drive of the Xbox one X?

The xbox one x has a 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and it is not user replaceable.
  3. Neckbeardington Win User

I'm in NL and we have the right to repair anything we want. I would never send anything to Microsoft directly. The store I bought it from would do that or just give me my money back or a replacement. I had my Scorpio go bad after almost 2 years and they replaced it free of charge.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

also depends on the country and what laws are in place for self repair too, more countries are moving closer to laws allowing the consumer to upgrade, repair and replace parts in electronic equipment and white goods, will be funny seeing how microsoft want to handle this one.
  5. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

As you say that could be seen as tampering and there a ban possibility will always be there.

As how does Xbox would know:

There are many factors that lead to an Xbox device ban due to modification or tampering of the device. However, in the interest of security and privacy, Xbox don’t publicly disclose such investigation methods.
  6. Neckbeardington Win User

Thanks for the answer. I just see these YouTube videos all the time of people doing this and people say "lol you cant get banned". I guess they never read their TOS. That's why I asked this question.
Thema:

1. Hard Drive replacement on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Hard Drive replacement

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. Xbox one S hard drive replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S hard drive replacement: So lately my xbox one s hard drive has become really loud and very slow. I tried replacing it with a 480gb ssd but it seemed to be incompatible due to its unusual size. Are there any specific hard...
  5. Replacing fried windows10 hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Replacing fried windows10 hard drive.: My windows 10 hard drive is fried. I am unable to get anything off of it and of course it will not boot up. I have a new 500 GIG SSD I wish to replace it with. How do I do the replacement?...
  6. How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?: my hard drive broke so i bought a new one what will i have to do to make it work without ban d381c411-13c8-4c13-bf10-3a2ad7775234
  7. Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update: Hey all I'll try to keep it brief and succinct, and happy to answer any further questions regarding what I have attempted. Mainly posting to bring more attention to what seems to be a pre...
  8. E102 after replacing dead hard drive, os version is latest

in XboX Insiders
    E102 after replacing dead hard drive, os version is latest: Hi all, I recently had to replace my original Xbox One's hard drive and am now getting e102, then e106. After them i have the e101 when trying to usb update. Can anyone help OS Version is...
  9. XBOX Series S - Unable to load OSU1 after replacement hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S - Unable to load OSU1 after replacement hard drive: Hi All, Can anyone assist? I have an old XBOX One Series S, which suffered a failure a year or so back. I decided to repair it recently - I replaced the hard drive with a 1TB SSD, because I...
  10. Hard drive replacement on Xbox One (not X or S) and ban from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive replacement on Xbox One (not X or S) and ban from xbox live: Hi everyone. I recently purchased an older version of Xbox One (not X, S or Digital Edition) for about 45 USD and I want to replace the internal drive with an SSD, for I am really worried about...