Hard Drive/Powering Up issues.

Discus and support Hard Drive/Powering Up issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've just had my Xbox One X returned to me after I'd sent it away to be repaired. I plugged it all in, switched it on and we were good to go.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alun Humphreys, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Hard Drive/Powering Up issues.

Hi, I've just had my Xbox One X returned to me after I'd sent it away to be repaired. I plugged it all in, switched it on and we were good to go. Signed in to my account, plugged in my external hard drive and attempted to install a new game. The installation stopped mid way, when I tried to resume thge installation, the console froze and the proceeded to switch itself off. I left it a few minutes then went back to it, got the troubleshooting screen Tried to restart but was faced with the same thing. I powered it off and unplugged my external hard drive and tried again. Tried restarting, resetting but nothing seems to be working, the one time where it went on to the "preparing console" screen, it froze at 61% and the turned itself off.

Has anyone had the same /similar issues when using an external hard drive? Is using the hard drive likely to have caused a freshly repaired console to crash in such a fashion? Thanks.

:)

Alun Humphreys, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Alun, It is not normal for the console to behave this way.

I don't know if the console is connected to some kind of power strip with other equipment, if it is, turn off the console and connect it directly to an electrical outlet to test if it keeps crashing.
  3. VibroPlex Win User

UPDATE FAILED: can't process the xbox live update whether from USB or via download

Try this:

Power off the 360s

Remove the hard drive

Reinsert the hard drive

Power up & retry
  4. Tosheroon-DA2C00BF-3 Win User

Solved: Kinect failed to power on.

This is the exact same issue I have, except that it is my powered external 2TB hard drive that causes the issue on power-saving boot up. I agree that there seems to be some sort of device initialisation problem, or perhaps it is a power draw limit at boot
    issue.

Either way, I have to disconnect my hard drive before every boot if I want the Kinect to activate. A minor issue that is nevertheless quite annoying.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Xbox One/external SSD

Sorry you are having issues with external hard drives, Are your drives self powered from outlets or a powered by consoles?.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Video On Media Player Keeps Crashing

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Let's start with these steps and be sure to let us know if it helps!

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console until it fully powers down.
    • While your Xbox One console is powered off, unplug the hard drive from the Xbox One console.
    • Turn the Xbox One console back on and plug the hard drive back in once your console has booted up.

If the issue persists, the next best step will be copy your files from your external hard drive to a Windows PC and then reformat your external hard drive. Once the hard drive has reformatted, throw a few of the files back on to test on your Xbox One.

Keep us posted!
Thema:

1. Hard Drive/Powering Up issues. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Powering

2. I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...: I have the Xbox 360 wth external hard drive. The power source jus blinks and game doesn't turn ,can it be fixed ,and is there a way I can retrieve my music and data from the hard drive if console...
  3. External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power

in XBoX on Consoles
    External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power: Hi if anyone can help with this I will be so grateful. But my hard drive went out on me with all my games in it and now I'm having the problem of the hard drive light not coming on, but I can feel...
  4. Hard drive beeps wont show its getting power and wont allow me to connect my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive beeps wont show its getting power and wont allow me to connect my controller: My xbox one has little memmory on its internal hard drive, so i purchased a seagate 2tb external hard drive. It worked fine lastnight. I wake up this morning and it wont let me play any games on...
  5. External Hard drive still on in power save mode when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive still on in power save mode when off: I upgraded the external hard drive on my ps4 to a 5tb. The old 4tb I moved to my xbox one s. Now when I turned off my ps4 console the hard drive would turn off as well, however when I turn off my...
  6. External hard drive won't power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive won't power up: Hello. Earlier today, I was playing the new watch dogs game, but while i was playing it, it would repeatedly crash, over and over again. So after a while, I got tired of trying to play it with all...
  7. External Hard Drive Power Cycling

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Power Cycling: I recently purchased a Western Digital Easy Store 8TB drive new from Best Buy to use with my Xbox One X. While the console is in standby/sleep mode, the external drive is constantly powering on...
  8. X box one S power supply BAD Service , No swap hard drive on repair.Will loose all game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one S power supply BAD Service , No swap hard drive on repair.Will loose all game data: Have a 3 month old x box one S with built in power supply .That wouldn't boot up After many hours on with help desk and lots of emails , I'm still no better off.I have to send back and they will...
  9. External Hard Drive power settings when set as default. Best settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive power settings when set as default. Best settings?: Hi, i recently purchased an external 2 TB Western Digital Passport X drive for Xbox. By default, the option "turn storage off when xbox is off" is checked, my Hard drive i have selected as default...
  10. External Hard Drive Power Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Power Question: Hello Everyone, Not sure if many of you have expanded your Xbox One storage yet by adding an additional Hard Drive Externally, or if anyone has posted what I am about to suggest yet. I...