Hard drive noise?

Discus and support Hard drive noise? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hear a noise besides the fan in the system that i can't hear once I put a game in and it will also kind of stop when I am on the dashboard moving the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 2, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

Hard drive noise?

I hear a noise besides the fan in the system that i can't hear once I put a game in and it will also kind of stop when I am on the dashboard moving the joysticks on the controller. I would assume it's te hard drive but is it normal to do that?

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 2, 2014
  2. louisg
    louisg Guest
    louisg, Jan 2, 2014
  3. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    turk3y, Jan 2, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

Hard drive noise?

No, that is not normal. My system made a loud noise like it was revving some RPMs like in a car during an installation. It only happened once and it stopped. I would suggest sending it in for a repair or advanced exchange. Do it while your console is
    under warranty. I have the extended warranty now, just to be safe.

CMUchippewa, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Lowlife Madness Win User

Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hard Drive Noise

Hey there, Lee! If your console is making noise while on the dashboard, I suggest you
    set up a repair so that we can fix that right away. Swapping out the console with the retailer hasn't fixed the issue for other users, so we'd like to fix it directly.
  7. GrowlingYapper Win User

Hard Drive Noise

I have had mine since day one no sound at all, I found the type of surface its on can cause it to make a noise mine is still quiet with Kinect on or off, if you can hear it from 5 metres then I think you have a problem.
  8. CMUchippewa Win User

Hard drive noise?

No, that is not normal. My system made a loud noise like it was revving some RPMs like in a car during an installation. It only happened once and it stopped. I would suggest sending it in for a repair or advanced exchange. Do it while your console is
    under warranty. I have the extended warranty now, just to be safe.
  9. G0TP0T3NTBUD Win User

Hard drive noise

I had microsoft send me a new one
Thema:

Hard drive noise?

1. Hard drive noise? - Similar Threads - Hard drive noise

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  5. My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up: My hard drive isn't lighting up, it was fine the other day and it stopped working how can I fix this issue ? My hard drive is only 2 years old it's in good condition I don't why it stopped working...
  6. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  7. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  8. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  9. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  10. Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive: Heyy I have xbox 360 star wars edition, and the hard drive is not working anymore.. The hard drive is 320GB, xbox 360 s model 1451 with barcode X858528-001: [img] Can i use any hard drive...