Hard drive noise?

Discus and support Hard drive noise? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hear a noise besides the fan in the system that i can't hear once I put a game in and it will also kind of stop when I am on the dashboard moving the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxFan35, Jan 2, 2014.

1. RedSoxFan35
    RedSoxFan35 Guest

Hard drive noise?

I hear a noise besides the fan in the system that i can't hear once I put a game in and it will also kind of stop when I am on the dashboard moving the joysticks on the controller. I would assume it's te hard drive but is it normal to do that?

:)

RedSoxFan35, Jan 2, 2014
  2. louisg
    louisg Guest
    louisg, Jan 2, 2014
  3. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    turk3y, Jan 2, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

Hard drive noise?

No, that is not normal. My system made a loud noise like it was revving some RPMs like in a car during an installation. It only happened once and it stopped. I would suggest sending it in for a repair or advanced exchange. Do it while your console is
    under warranty. I have the extended warranty now, just to be safe.

CMUchippewa, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Lowlife Madness Win User

Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hard Drive Noise

Hey there, Lee! If your console is making noise while on the dashboard, I suggest you
    set up a repair so that we can fix that right away. Swapping out the console with the retailer hasn't fixed the issue for other users, so we'd like to fix it directly.
  7. GrowlingYapper Win User

Hard Drive Noise

I have had mine since day one no sound at all, I found the type of surface its on can cause it to make a noise mine is still quiet with Kinect on or off, if you can hear it from 5 metres then I think you have a problem.
  8. CMUchippewa Win User

Hard drive noise?

No, that is not normal. My system made a loud noise like it was revving some RPMs like in a car during an installation. It only happened once and it stopped. I would suggest sending it in for a repair or advanced exchange. Do it while your console is
    under warranty. I have the extended warranty now, just to be safe.
  9. G0TP0T3NTBUD Win User

Hard drive noise

I had microsoft send me a new one
Thema:

Hard drive noise?

1. Hard drive noise? - Similar Threads - Hard drive noise

2. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  3. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  4. Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive: Heyy I have xbox 360 star wars edition, and the hard drive is not working anymore.. The hard drive is 320GB, xbox 360 s model 1451 with barcode X858528-001: [img] Can i use any hard drive...
  5. X Box One X Faulty hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X Faulty hard drive: Hi could you please help with some advise my X Box One X has a faulty hard drive but it is not under warranty anymore expired 2019 - I do have household insurance and it is covered under my...
  6. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  7. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  8. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  9. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  10. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...