Hard Drive Format Issues...

Discus and support Hard Drive Format Issues... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Note To All; I have gone ahead and formatted my drive. Now I have no user profile. I can not create a new one. I can not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pelros, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Pelros
    Pelros Guest

Note To All;

I have gone ahead and formatted my drive. Now I have no user profile. I can not create a new one. I can not download my profile from the net. When I reset the console I can go through the set-up process and take the update, but still
    can not create a profile or download my existing one. Any further information would be great.

:)

Pelros, Jan 6, 2014
  2. barryware
    barryware Guest
    Format Hard Drive

If you format your official MS 250gb hard drive that is installed in your slim by using the format option in the GUI, does it maintain what ever MS uses to determine that it is an official drive? Does it wipe out the needed paartition(s) that identify the
    drive and allow the older xbox games to run?

I realize all data, game saves, dlc, etc will be gone. Just need to make sure the slim knows how to format the official MS drive.

barryware, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Hard Drive Format

Hey there MarginalTulip23!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Jan 6, 2014
  4. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest

Hello Pelros,

Just a few questions to help us troubleshoot your problem. Which Xbox version are you using?, What kind of hard drive are you using with your console?, and what kind of error code are you receiving when you try to download your profile?

MattKV1, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Pelros
    Pelros Guest
    Hey MattKV;

It's actually my 9 year olds Xbox that he just got for Christmas. It's a 4 Gig model with an internal hard drive. He started it up this morning to play minecraft and was presented with an update request. He called me to his room to perform the
    update. After the initial attempt to update I was presented with information that I did not have the space to install update... This puzzled me because there was next to nothing on the hard drive. I then checked hard rive settings to see that the drive was
    inform attend. I promptly formatted it. The update was available again. Several times when trying to update error 40A3 - 0000 - 3080 - 0506 - 8B05 - 0018 was presented before the update could be applied. I then took the unit downstairs to plug it directly
    (via Ethernet) to the router. The update finally completed, but I do not have the ability now to create a new profile or download an existing (says "can not ..... From server at this time").. Can not play games b/c can not sign in....... Very frustrating.

Pelros, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

I did a search for that error code you provided, but had no results in any of my searches. This is why I would recomend clearing the system coach by

1. Going to your Xbox 360

2. Skiping the sign in

3. Scroll right to Settings

4. Clicking onto System Settings

5. Click onto memory

6. Hovering over the storage device (Hard Drive)

7. Press Y

8. Select clear system coach. This will de bug the Hard Drive. After you have done this, re start the Xbox 360 and try updating it again.

Please post back your results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  7. I have a similar problem. i recently bought a hdd hard drive from amazon assuming it would be compatible with my xbox 360 slim E like it said on the best buy website. however when i plugged it i got nothing. i go to system storage and it doesn't even show
    up as being plugged in. my xbox doesn't even give me a error or tell me the formatting wrong.

xxxROMBOY10xxx, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Hard Drive Format Issues...

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

To add or remove storage devices to your Xbox 360, please be sure to follow the instructions in the article within the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

You may also want to try this article to see if this helps

support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive

I hope this helps, but please post back your results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  9. Pelros
    Pelros Guest
    Hello All;

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Had to work yesterday and have not had a chance to reply. I appreciate all the suggestions in the forums regarding this issue. What solved my problem was a 3rd "format" of the internal "drive". Followed the same
    sequence. Settings -> Storage Device -> Hard Drive -> Format. I then when to Create, and after the 3rd try it just started working...????....

Pelros, Jan 7, 2014
  10. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest
    Technology! Sometimes I think it has a mind of its own Hard Drive Format Issues... :)

MattKV1, Jan 7, 2014
  11. Hey there,

Thanks for that information. Glad it has worked and everything is sorted now

Regards

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Oct 31, 2018
  12. MattKV1 Win User

Technology! Sometimes I think it has a mind of its own :)
  13. xxxROMBOY10xxx Win User

I have a similar problem. i recently bought a hdd hard drive from amazon assuming it would be compatible with my xbox 360 slim E like it said on the best buy website. however when i plugged it i got nothing. i go to system storage and it doesn't even show
    up as being plugged in. my xbox doesn't even give me a error or tell me the formatting wrong.
  14. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

15. Pelros Win User

Hey MattKV;

It's actually my 9 year olds Xbox that he just got for Christmas. It's a 4 Gig model with an internal hard drive. He started it up this morning to play minecraft and was presented with an update request. He called me to his room to perform the
    update. After the initial attempt to update I was presented with information that I did not have the space to install update... This puzzled me because there was next to nothing on the hard drive. I then checked hard rive settings to see that the drive was
    inform attend. I promptly formatted it. The update was available again. Several times when trying to update error 40A3 - 0000 - 3080 - 0506 - 8B05 - 0018 was presented before the update could be applied. I then took the unit downstairs to plug it directly
    (via Ethernet) to the router. The update finally completed, but I do not have the ability now to create a new profile or download an existing (says "can not ..... From server at this time").. Can not play games b/c can not sign in....... Very frustrating.
  16. onyxishere Win User

hard drive formatting issue

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately Seagate drives are known to have issues with compatibility with Xbox consoles. I would have recommended formatting the drive on the pc to you but you've already done it. The only other suggestion I have is to return the
    drive to the store and get another brand. I use a WD Passport and have had no issues with it.
Thema:

1. Hard Drive Format Issues... - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Format

2. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  3. How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?: my hard drive broke so i bought a new one what will i have to do to make it work without ban d381c411-13c8-4c13-bf10-3a2ad7775234
  4. How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I format my XBOX 360 S Hard drive? Things are corrupted.: Hello! A ton of my stuff on the xbox 360 are corrupted, from system file update to saves and accounts (I think) So everytime I delete it, it'll just come back. HELP! So I decided to format. I...
  5. I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...: [img] [img] Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage. c517403b-05c4-4e77-a535-8092e3cddf67
  6. How to see status of my hard drive being formatted Xbox. One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to see status of my hard drive being formatted Xbox. One: How to see status of my hard drive being formatted on Xbox one c5326d78-c937-4d8b-abfd-0d76e09bc44f
  7. My hard drive won’t format

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive won’t format: I’ve been using this hard rice for a while now and it hasn’t had any problems until recently. One day everything was gone and the storage drive wasn’t showing up. Then I restart the Xbox to see if...
  8. cannot format external hard drive xbox 360 and can only configure it

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot format external hard drive xbox 360 and can only configure it: So I recently Formated my xbox 360 . I was trying to use it as a storage instead of a whole system , now I can only configure it instead of formating it pls help d563907b-31d4-447a-bf63-9ade4c8b3680
  9. External Hard Drive Removing Games After Format

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Removing Games After Format: I Bought the Next Gen enhanced version of GTA V and since I wanted room on my internal drive to play it, I went to move some old games onto my External Device, When I was about to do so, I was...
  10. I've bought a new 2tb external hard drive and no matter what i do it wont format for games...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've bought a new 2tb external hard drive and no matter what i do it wont format for games...: I've just bought a vendorco productcode scsi disk device(on amazon shows up as External Hard Drive 2TB Portable Hard Drive Portable External Hard Drive External HDD High Speed USB 3.1) with 2tb of...