hard drive fail

Discus and support hard drive fail in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the data on my 360 slim hard drive keeps deleting can any one tell me why 266f1bdf-d211-4ff4-bfdc-19f046479049 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by claytonstatus92, Jan 2, 2014.

1. hard drive fail

the data on my 360 slim hard drive keeps deleting can any one tell me why

:)

claytonstatus92, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Reapersoze
    Reapersoze Guest
    Can someone reccomend me a good external hard drive?

Do not get Seagate they are Garbage. Had a few die this year. Get a WD Portable (not the elements).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2089...eals-the-most-reliable-hard-drive-makers.html
    Hard Drive Reliability Update - Sep 2014

For hard drives, using a tool likeiometerorHD Tune(both with free versions) can help perform a burn-in test. Use one of these to root-out any rapidly-failing drives before committing important data to them.
    Read more at Hard Drive Failure Rates Studied: Seagate vs. WD vs. Hitachi

hard drive fail [​IMG]

What Hard Drive Should I Buy?

hard drive fail [​IMG]

Reapersoze, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Trollslayer
    Trollslayer Guest
    Clicking sound in hard drive.

That sound usually means a hard drive is starting to fail and is having to do retries.

Trollslayer, Jan 2, 2014
  4. hard drive fail

How often is it deleting the data and is it deleting all the data or just user profiles?

whyayemincepie, Jan 2, 2014
  5. It has happened like 4 times in the past couple of months, and its profiles and data all gone

claytonstatus92, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Are you set to save games to the cloud storage?

If not, try the steps below and let me know how you get on.

1) First of try removing the hard drive to make sure there is no damage to the unit, when fitting the hard drive back ensure the connection is solid. Check the link if your unsure on how to do this:

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

2) Then perform a format, if there is any data left on the drive make sure to back it up first so you can restore it after the format. Check this link and scroll down to "Format a storage device" for the correct way to do this:

support.xbox.com/.../storage

whyayemincepie, Oct 31, 2018
  7. DENAz666 Win User

Failing Hard Drive?

Hey mate,

3hrs is quite normal for an install mate, its long but they can sometimes take ages depending on the size of the game. This is being looked into, so hopefully will get fixed in an update in the future.

When installing from disc, i've been told that if you disconnect from live, it can go through quicker. Go into settings, then into network and hit "Go offline". Once its offline, install the game. It should go WAY faster :)

Cheers

Denaz
  8. whyayemincepie Win User

hard drive fail

Are you set to save games to the cloud storage?

If not, try the steps below and let me know how you get on.

1) First of try removing the hard drive to make sure there is no damage to the unit, when fitting the hard drive back ensure the connection is solid. Check the link if your unsure on how to do this:

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

2) Then perform a format, if there is any data left on the drive make sure to back it up first so you can restore it after the format. Check this link and scroll down to "Format a storage device" for the correct way to do this:

support.xbox.com/.../storage
  9. claytonstatus92 Win User

hard drive fail

It has happened like 4 times in the past couple of months, and its profiles and data all gone
  10. whyayemincepie Win User

hard drive fail

How often is it deleting the data and is it deleting all the data or just user profiles?
  11. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 slim corrupting files?

Hi,

Simple answer, your hard drive is failing. Fix? Buy a new hard drive or use an external hard drive. The Xbox 360 supports external hard drives up to 2 TB.

Hard drives die and before they do, they generally exhibit, disk read errors, corrupted files none working games. Hard disk drives are mechanical with moving parts, its it not if they fail its a matter of when.
Thema:

hard drive fail

1. hard drive fail - Similar Threads - hard drive fail

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  5. My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up: My hard drive isn't lighting up, it was fine the other day and it stopped working how can I fix this issue ? My hard drive is only 2 years old it's in good condition I don't why it stopped working...
  6. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  7. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  8. Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?: My hard drive has stopped working for some reason and is where all my games were stored. It will be very expensive to try to recover it. Can I just buy a new hard drive and still keep ALL my...
  9. Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.: How can I get my PC's storage space back? I was downloading a game when my computer closed the xbox app, the game did not download but the space on my hard drive has been used and cannot be...
  10. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?: So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my...