Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

Discus and support Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having the same problem so many other people seem to have encountered. Yesterday when I tried to start the game, the initial window briefly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Steeltown Riot, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

I am having the same problem so many other people seem to have encountered. Yesterday when I tried to start the game, the initial window briefly flashed onto the screen and then went away. I tried all of the things suggested in other posts like running the Windows Store Troubleshooter, resetting the Store app and the Halo Wars App, rebooting the computer, booting into safe mode, and uninstall and reinstall Halo. That worked, except I just tried to boot it up again and it is now doing the same thing. Since Microsoft has the good grace to lock down the download speed from the Store, I am really unwilling to sit and wait 35 more minutes on my GiG via direct fiber to download 48 GB again. The game worked fine for weeks when I first downloaded it, and so far this is the only app giving me problems. Halo Wars Definitive Edition runs just fine, for instance.

No error messages displayed, but there do seem to be two Windows Store errors showing the computer management:

• Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9WZDNCRFJBMP-MICROSOFT.WINDOWSSTORE.
    • Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9MWPM2CQNLHN-Microsoft.GamingServices.
    As well as a Kernel Error:

• Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001
    Homebuilt

• Windows 10
      • 21H2
    • MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI
    • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 4.28 GHz
    • 64.0 GB
    • RX 6700 XT
    • 457 GB free on M.2 NVMe
    ***Post moved by the moderator from the windows forum category.

:)

Steeltown Riot, Jul 13, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

Hello Steeltown Riot,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

Hello Steeltown Riot,

We understand your sentiment with the game launching issue and this is not the experience that Microsoft wishes you to have. Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

Based on your description, you have perform troubleshooting to make sure this issue will be resolved. However, the issue persist and you were having error messages too. To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking some questions and suggest troubleshooting. Please provide details/information for us to give more accurate resolution for you.

1. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information.
    2. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    3. Is this happening to all game titles?
    4. May we know where did you purchased the game (Microsoft Store/Xbox app)?
    5. Do you have antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer?
    We have few troubleshooting you can try. It will be your predicament to perform the troubleshooting we will provide.

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows and if you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Note: Please make sure you know your credentials before proceeding to the next steps. If in doubt, try to manually sign in here: Microsoft Account | Home.
      • Log out from Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Make sure there is no account remain logged into those apps.
      • Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app (if using). Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
      • Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    5. Relaunch the game or other game title.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

Hello Steeltown Riot,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

5. ZenKiller08 Win User

Halo Wars 2 crashing to desktop.

Your insider build might be the culprit here, but let me ask you a few things.

• Are you running the current version of the Nvidia drivers?
    • Have you run into issues running any other games?
    • Have you tried reinstalling Halo Wars 2?

Currently I'm able to run Halo Wars 2 just fine, but I'm not running the insider version of Windows 10.
  6. mcguire64526 Win User

razer blade 15 3070 games stuttering on Xbox game pass only

iv tried back4 blood , halo and forza horizon 4 all with the same issue only game that seemed to work for halo wars 2 for what ever reason that runs fine
Thema:

Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

1. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run - Similar Threads - Halo Wars Run

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  4. How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?: On logging in to the game, the DLC simply acts like it hasn't been purchased, and directs to the store for purchase. I have opened the complete edition, not the standard....
  5. Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?: I noticed that Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition was available via gamepass and was excited to finally have access to the DLC that came with the compelte edition. However, upon launching the game via...
  6. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  7. Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue: Halo Wars Definitive Edition , Not able too seach or create a game says waiting on Xbox Live . It appears its doing this for others as well. Please help thanks in advance...
  8. Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2: Problems with error code 0x80073CF9 while trying to download a game on Xbox application on windows 10, and on the Microsoft, cannot figure out the issue as to why I cannot download. this error...
  9. Halo war 2 Character got no voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo war 2 Character got no voice: Some the Halo war 2 Characters are mute in both cutscene and game such as cutter. Anyway I could fix this? bd7652ed-eac4-4023-b15c-d2268488b351
  10. I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition: I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition. I've got a windows 10 system, and after paying for the game whenever I try to download it I get a window that says "try again later, something...