Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service?

Discus and support Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased the digital version of HW 2 from the Microsoft store, as I heard a rumor it could also be played on a Win10 PC. Yet when I access my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by seanvogel, Aug 26, 2019.

1. seanvogel
    seanvogel Guest

I just purchased the digital version of HW 2 from the Microsoft store, as I heard a rumor it could also be played on a Win10 PC. Yet when I access my account the game shows as owned but I can only install on my XB1. Does this mean that HW 2 is no longer
    on that service? Or is the service itself defunct/inactive?

:)

seanvogel, Aug 26, 2019
  2. seanvogel Win User

After a re-start (my systems weren't communicating properly) this solved my problem, thank you all.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

It is still a Play Anywhere title and is available if purchased, or via Game Pass.

This is the link to find it in the Windows Store.
    I would verify that you're signed into the account on the Windows 10 store that purchased it on the Xbox to get access to the content associated with that account. Let us know if it's still showing not
    available or another issue and we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot and identify the issue.
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there seanvogel,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, you should be able to install the game as it is still a Play Anywhere title. You can always find out if the game is a play anywhere title by checking it out through the Xbox website:

Halo Wars 2

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article to troubleshoot this issue.

Go ahead and give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Search directly "Halo Wars 2" in the Windows 10 Microsoft Store app and see if appears the Install option.
Thema:

1. Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service? - Similar Threads - Halo Wars longer

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  4. How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?: On logging in to the game, the DLC simply acts like it hasn't been purchased, and directs to the store for purchase. I have opened the complete edition, not the standard....
  5. Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?: I noticed that Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition was available via gamepass and was excited to finally have access to the DLC that came with the compelte edition. However, upon launching the game via...
  6. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  7. Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue: Halo Wars Definitive Edition , Not able too seach or create a game says waiting on Xbox Live . It appears its doing this for others as well. Please help thanks in advance...
  8. Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2: Problems with error code 0x80073CF9 while trying to download a game on Xbox application on windows 10, and on the Microsoft, cannot figure out the issue as to why I cannot download. this error...
  9. Halo war 2 Character got no voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo war 2 Character got no voice: Some the Halo war 2 Characters are mute in both cutscene and game such as cutter. Anyway I could fix this? bd7652ed-eac4-4023-b15c-d2268488b351
  10. I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition: I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition. I've got a windows 10 system, and after paying for the game whenever I try to download it I get a window that says "try again later, something...