Halo Wars 2 installs (on PC Xbox Beta launcher) and launches but will not play the game

Discus and support Halo Wars 2 installs (on PC Xbox Beta launcher) and launches but will not play the game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The game will launch and show the Halo logo, but wont load any further. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps including checking gpu drivers,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jarretz, Sep 30, 2020.

1. jarretz
    jarretz Guest

Halo Wars 2 installs (on PC Xbox Beta launcher) and launches but will not play the game

The game will launch and show the Halo logo, but wont load any further. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps including checking gpu drivers, tried restarting my computer, made sure I was up to date
    on the latest windows version, reinstalled the game, and tried the repair functions. Haven't seen anyone get successful help from other forum posts either but figured I would post anyways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've tried asking Halo support but they haven't got back to me in over a month. Really **** service to be honest.

:)

jarretz, Sep 30, 2020
  2. HiddenAddiction Win User

Still No Definitive Edition Code

halo wars 2 ultimate edition includes Halo wars DE. You should be able to find and download the game under ready to install on my games and apps on your xbox one!

On PC check the Halo app or the Download and install page on the store!
    It says I already own the game but I get stuck in an endless cycle of "You already own this game" to "Available only as part of a bundle./Not sold seperately"

On my Xbox there is no option for Halo Wars Definitive Edition in the ready to install list.

On PC in the Halo app, the definitive edition is listed as "Buy Now".

I've double checked my order history and to make sure I got the Ultimate Edition and I did get to play Halo Wars 2 a few days early with that bundle.
  3. Sanana94 Win User

halo wars 2 ultimate edition includes Halo wars DE. You should be able to find and download the game under ready to install on my games and apps on your xbox one!

4. ConorHugman Win User

How to recover lost game save?

I am playing on PC using the Xbox (Beta) launcher.

I will try uninstalling and re-installing the game, I have also contacted the game support team.
  5. Sanana94 Win User

It says I already own the game but I get stuck in an endless cycle of "You already own this game" to "Available only as part of a bundle./Not sold seperately"

On my Xbox there is no option for Halo Wars Definitive Edition in the ready to install list.

On PC in the Halo app, the definitive edition is listed as "Buy Now".

I've double checked my order history and to make sure I got the Ultimate Edition and I did get to play Halo Wars 2 a few days early with that bundle.
    Uhm that's strange. Have a chat with the xbox support here: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us
  6. liam775 Win User

Halo Wars Definitive Edition Game Pass not working as Play Anywhere

Same thing here. I had Halo Wars DE installed on my PC around 2 weeks ago thanks to XGP, though when I tried to launch it a pop-up told me I don't own the game and need to buy it.

I ended up deleting it and going to the MS store to re-download it, though instead of being shown an Install button I had to buy the game.

I could play this on my PC up until the pop-up started showing. I can, though, still play other XPA games through XGP like Forza Horizon 4 and Halo Wars 2.

Looking at the game on the MS store and searching for the game, this page comes up - showing me that it's only on PC and that I have to buy it. Going through the XGP catalogue
    and clicking Halo Wars DE brings up this page - showing me I can only play it on Xbox One, that I can install it to my Xbox One S and giving me a XGP discount.

On the other hand, Forza Horizon 4 lets me play it on both PC and Xbox.

I could just play on Xbox, though I'd rather use M&KB.
Thema:

1. Halo Wars 2 installs (on PC Xbox Beta launcher) and launches but will not play the game - Similar Threads - Halo Wars installs

2. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  3. How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get Halo Wars 2: Complete edition DLC to load and work?: On logging in to the game, the DLC simply acts like it hasn't been purchased, and directs to the store for purchase. I have opened the complete edition, not the standard....
  4. Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?: I noticed that Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition was available via gamepass and was excited to finally have access to the DLC that came with the compelte edition. However, upon launching the game via...
  5. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  6. Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue: Halo Wars Definitive Edition , Not able too seach or create a game says waiting on Xbox Live . It appears its doing this for others as well. Please help thanks in advance...
  7. Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073CF9 while trying to download Halo wars 2: Problems with error code 0x80073CF9 while trying to download a game on Xbox application on windows 10, and on the Microsoft, cannot figure out the issue as to why I cannot download. this error...
  8. Halo war 2 Character got no voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo war 2 Character got no voice: Some the Halo war 2 Characters are mute in both cutscene and game such as cutter. Anyway I could fix this? bd7652ed-eac4-4023-b15c-d2268488b351
  9. I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition: I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition. I've got a windows 10 system, and after paying for the game whenever I try to download it I get a window that says "try again later, something...
  10. Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s): Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) It gets stuck after about 99.9% I've already tried ms-store reset, ending tasks, ive tried downloading through Microsoft store. I...