Halo Steam PC Outlook Sign-In Issue

Discus and support Halo Steam PC Outlook Sign-In Issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently downloaded Halo: Master Chief Collection on Steam for PC (Windows 10). During installation I was prompted to create a new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Timmy Stovall, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Halo Steam PC Outlook Sign-In Issue

Hello,

I have recently downloaded Halo: Master Chief Collection on Steam for PC (Windows 10). During installation I was prompted to create a new Outlook account. I did, and, surprise surprise, I forgot the password. Now every time I attempt to launch a new gaming session, I'm being required to login with my Outlook account. I don't know the password, I did an account recovery form, got denied access. I have not logged into that Outlook account ever, never sent an email or anything. I set it up purely as a temporary account just to be able to play Halo. Now, I can't even change the email to sign in! Everytime I attempt to change the sign-in email address, I'm being required to enter the password I don't know to an account I can't access or recover! I've created three new Xbox Live accounts, I just want to play this game. How do I unlink the initial outlook account to one I can actually use? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game twice. The Xbox Live customer support told me to request a refund. Is there really nothing to else to do?

:)

Timmy Stovall, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Timmy Stovall Win User

Hello,

Thank you for the reply! To answer your question, no. I did not ever log into any websites (Xbox website, halo waypoint etc) using that Outlook account in a web browser. I made that email address solely for PC Halo, and was prompted to do so during game installation.

I understand and appreciate the security, but its coming at the expense of my personal time and money. All I want to do I play this game. I need help getting out of this loop.

I have an email/password I want to use, but to even switch from the old unrecoverable account, I'm being required to enter the forgotten password? And because I cannot access the account, what can I do to switch to a valid email?

Best
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that you forgot the Outlook password you used to login to your HALO: Master Chief Collection on Steam. We understand the time and effort you spent on trying to fix this, but we need to investigate this and find the best possible solution to this issue. Let's work on this together.

To better understand the situation, we would like to ask some questions, such as:

• Did you ever log into any websites (Xbox website, halo waypoint etc) using that Outlook account in a web browser OR made that email address solely for PC Halo?
    We hate to say this but this specific process is out of our process. What we recommend you to do is to consult this to STEAM community forum on how to possibly delete download cache of this specific game file or in HALO: Master Chief Collection support website Halo: The Master Chief Collection – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com)

If ever you just created the Outlook account without even setting up security information, then recovering it is impossible. Given the situation, best thing we can think of is to delete the download cache of this specific game file in Steam app itself.

I would like to establish your proper expectations that Microsoft accounts are completely managed and operated by an automated server and we do not have manual access to it , since Microsoft really takes our security and privacy very seriously.

It turns out that none of us here at Microsoft have a copy of the account details, especially the exact date of account creation, because all our account information is stored on a cloud server and no one has access to it, not even our team of account engineers.

Microsoft account recovery is sometimes difficult because it deals with security and privacy, and here at Microsoft, security and privacy are very important to us.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. Timmy Stovall Win User

Can anyone at Microsoft help? I have been refunded for the original purchase. I repurchased and redownloaded the game. Same issue. All I want is to change the email to one that I have credentials for. But I cannot, because the sign in window is requiring me to enter a password I don't have, to an account I can't recover. There just has to be a way to change email address without this endless loop. I've been chatting with a microsoft agent for almost two hours. Nothing. They told me to call xbox support. Great. Been on the phone with them on hold for over 20min, and they are saying its a microsoft account issue and they can't help. Is this a joke?
  5. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

We appreciate the time and effort you spent on replying to our message.

By you creating an email account without any verification made it impossible for us to initiate a recovery. As the domain support (outlook.com) we are responsible in supposedly recovering the account (changing password), but the situation is not favor for us since no security/recovery details were established.

The best possible option you can do to unlink this unknown Outlook account is to consult the game developer itself and see if they do have a specific process that will force the software to remove/delete a specific game file that has something to do with the login process.

Kindly click this link to Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) Global Known Issues – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com) then at the bottom part of the page, you will see "Was this article helpful?" - click Submit a ticket

[​IMG]

It will ask you to login, this time, make sure to use a valid and working account.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  6. gameshoes3003 Win User

Halo is moving to Steam?

Microsoft Flight was put through Steam. It's not impossible for Halo 3 on PC to be on Steam.
Thema:

1. Halo Steam PC Outlook Sign-In Issue - Similar Threads - Halo Steam Outlook

2. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  3. i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able...: i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able to play online without a gold membership will this work with other xbox games that are on steam?...
  4. Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on Steam don't work on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Spartan Strike and Halo Spartan Assault on Steam don't work on Windows 11: When they came out they worked fine, but now when I launch either game on Steam I get a black screen and the game locks up. I have a good system, Ryzen 7 5800X and RTX 4070 with 16gb of RAM, games...
  5. How can I get Halo MCC progress from Xbox to Steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get Halo MCC progress from Xbox to Steam?: Hello, I have played halo mcc on Xbox since release. I have completed the campaigns etc. When I play on PC Xbox gamepass, I have all my progress. I purchased MCC on steam last night. I linked...
  6. I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.: The more specific part I'll mention here is that we are both on separate versions of Windows. I am on Windows 11 and he is on Windows 10, I think this is why we're experiencing technical issues....
  7. Is there any way I could use the steam workshop mods for my pc edition of mcc being halo...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way I could use the steam workshop mods for my pc edition of mcc being halo...: I found multiple halo mods that would be amazing to play but they were only on steam workshop(surprised it had one) just wondered if I did not have to burn a hole in my wallet for a game I can...
  8. If I buy and own Halo Mcc on Xbox. And my Microsoft and steam accounts are linked. Do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy and own Halo Mcc on Xbox. And my Microsoft and steam accounts are linked. Do I...: Can you guys answered my question? 8c9b13ae-943f-40a9-960a-1a0ef6bb5392
  9. I'm keeping getting this EAC error when trying to use multiplayer on Halo MCC on steam...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm keeping getting this EAC error when trying to use multiplayer on Halo MCC on steam...: With the newest update for Halo MCC I copied over the game files from the micro SD card I use for windows on my steam deck to the sd card I use for my Steam Deck. I'm able to launch the game just...
  10. I selected the wrong email Address sign-In to my purchased MCC Halo game in Steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    I selected the wrong email Address sign-In to my purchased MCC Halo game in Steam: Hi My name is kelvin, I bought this game not far from Steam release not long ago for The PC version then I sign-in without realizing which email address I was signing into in my Halo MCC game and...