Halo:SA freezes during start-up!

Discus and support Halo:SA freezes during start-up! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have bought and downloaded Halo:SA but when I start the game, it suddenly freezes! I have also tried to erase the game and downloaded it again twice,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stefan Brattlöf, Feb 1, 2014.

  1. Halo:SA freezes during start-up!


    I have bought and downloaded Halo:SA but when I start the game, it suddenly freezes! I have also tried to erase the game and downloaded it again twice, still the same result. It also seems to log me out so I have to log in again. Anyone else that have experienced
    the same?

    :)
     
    Stefan Brattlöf, Feb 1, 2014
    #1
  2. Problem

    MiniFlame934,

    If I understand you correctly, you have already preformed the "How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console" with no luck. That's a good place to start.
    However, there is very good step-by-step troubleshooting guide at “My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during gameplay”. It has a short video and walks
    you through everything you need to try with Yes and No answers. Hopefully, this will get you back up and running again.

    support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

    support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution

    SA
     
    greg_window10_installer, Feb 1, 2014
    #2
  3. Start Up Freeze

    Getting an error message stating that the files cannot be deleted.
     
    SeamusMcDuffer, Feb 1, 2014
    #3
  4. Halo:SA freezes during start-up!

    Tried downloading it again and it seems to jump from having downloaded 80% to having downloaded 100% at once.
     
    Stefan Brattlöf, Feb 1, 2014
    #4
  5. Stefan Brattlöf Win User

    Halo:SA freezes during start-up!

    Tried downloading it again and it seems to jump from having downloaded 80% to having downloaded 100% at once.
  6. PePpErEdNuTs23 Win User

    Preview member- black screen of death

    During start up, every so often it will make it till just before the xbox ball animation before freezing. Most of the time it's all black
  7. greg_window10_instal Win User

    Problem

    MiniFlame934,

    If I understand you correctly, you have already preformed the "How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console" with no luck. That's a good place to start.
    However, there is very good step-by-step troubleshooting guide at “My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during gameplay”. It has a short video and walks
    you through everything you need to try with Yes and No answers. Hopefully, this will get you back up and running again.

    support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

    support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution

    SA
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

    Black ops 2 freezing during start up.

    Hey there XFri3dRice! Hmmm...since the copy works for your friend I thinking the problem doesn't lie with your disc. Have you tried deleting the title updates for Black Ops 2?

    If you haven't:

    -Go to the dashboard

    -Go over to the System Hub

    -Select Settings

    -Select Storage

    -Select your hard-drive

    -Select Games and Apps

    -Delete the Black Ops 2 Title Update

    When you put the game in the drive and boot it up, it'll ask you to download the title update again. Give this a try and let me know how it works!
  9. XFri3dRice Win User

    Black ops 2 freezing during start up.

    Okay, I gave my friend the copy of Black Ops 2 and it worked for him.
Thema:

Halo:SA freezes during start-up!

Loading...
  1. Halo:SA freezes during start-up! - Similar Threads - Halo freezes during

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. Disc to digital / Halo Infinite PSA

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital / Halo Infinite PSA: Hey XBOX Insiders, if you've had issues with the Halo Infinite disc only letting you play multiplayer after claiming the digital license, we believe we've fixed this issue. You'll need to reclaim...
  4. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  5. Halo on Alpha Skip Ahead Insider forces Narrator

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo on Alpha Skip Ahead Insider forces Narrator: Filed report through console with enhanced diagnostics as well. Went to start new Halo in Japan this morning and was immediately greeted by the Narrator describing everything. Tried disabling...
  6. Bug on Halo Infinite Gauntlet mode

    in XboX Insiders
    Bug on Halo Infinite Gauntlet mode: Hi, Yesterday I finally tried Halo Infinite's Gauntlet mode, but I encountered a black screen issue during pre-game. Is this a known issue? https://www.xbox.com/play/media/zKGCAfBqjW submitted by...
  7. Cannot purchase battlepass in Halo Infinite?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot purchase battlepass in Halo Infinite?: I have been trying to purchase the Last Stand battle pass in Halo Infinite since May 10th 2025 but I kept getting an error message telling me to try again later. I have been trying for over a...
  8. Can't find any matchmaking games on the Microsoft Store version of Halo : The master chief...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find any matchmaking games on the Microsoft Store version of Halo : The master chief...: Hello Microsoft Team , I have just purchased Halo MCC on the microsoft store , but for some reason I can't seem to find any matchmaking games. I have tried all the playlists for hours , but to...
  9. My halo account seems to have been wiped

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My halo account seems to have been wiped: when i try to log in to halo on my new device my account doesn't have any progression even if i play on steam and use the same microsoft account its just looks as if i have just opened the game...
  10. How to make halo 1 stop freezing?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to make halo 1 stop freezing?: I have been playing halo 1 for a bit now and all of the sudden its now starting to freeze every 3 seconds and unfreeze consitisntaly. I have good wifi and my computer is not being overwhelmed and...