Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App

Discus and support Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When Halo Infinite multiplayer launched I attempted to download it through the xbox pc app, but I initially got the blue screen problem and so I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SuperSyrie, Dec 8, 2021.

  1. SuperSyrie
    SuperSyrie Guest

    Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App


    When Halo Infinite multiplayer launched I attempted to download it through the xbox pc app, but I initially got the blue screen problem and so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it a couple of times because it would never run. I eventually just downloaded it on steam where it has been running great, but now that campaign is releasing I am trying again to figure out how to fix the xbox app version. No other game I have has had problems with launching (and I have downloaded some since my initial attempt to play Halo), and I am up to date with drivers and everything, though I do currently have a problem downloading the Windows 10 cumulative update (KB5007186). Does anyone have an idea of how I can solve this problem?

    :)
     
    SuperSyrie, Dec 8, 2021
    #1
  2. Iwan A Spencer
    Iwan A Spencer New Member
    I also have the same issue, when launching halo infinite on the xbox app it starts dumptool, halo infinite and console window host and uses 0.2% cpu utilisation and 74MB of ram. spamming the play button only duplicates the halo infinite process. works fine on steam but i want to use my gamepass to play the campaign which despite the steam game using my xbox account doesnt work.
     
    Iwan A Spencer, Dec 8, 2021
    #2
  3. jasonelmore Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App

    how did you update the xbox app? Through the windows 11 store? or did you use windows update?
  4. Goth Vampirella Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App

    I had similar issues until the Xbox Store App updated my Xbox App. You may need a Xbox App update.
  5. SammyVS Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App

  6. Tirrell7 Win User

    Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

    Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

    I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

    • Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

    A couple of resources (including this thread):

  7. Tirrell7 Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

    Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

    I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

    • Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

    A couple of resources (including this thread):

Thema:

Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App

Loading...
  1. Halo Infinite won't launch through Xbox App - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite won't

  2. Disc to digital / Halo Infinite PSA

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital / Halo Infinite PSA: Hey XBOX Insiders, if you've had issues with the Halo Infinite disc only letting you play multiplayer after claiming the digital license, we believe we've fixed this issue. You'll need to reclaim...
  3. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  4. Bug on Halo Infinite Gauntlet mode

    in XboX Insiders
    Bug on Halo Infinite Gauntlet mode: Hi, Yesterday I finally tried Halo Infinite's Gauntlet mode, but I encountered a black screen issue during pre-game. Is this a known issue? https://www.xbox.com/play/media/zKGCAfBqjW submitted by...
  5. Halo Infinite won't launch after latest update

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't launch after latest update: Hello everyone, I've recently updated Halo Infinite, and now it won't launch at all. Before the update, the game was running smoothly on my PC without any issues. I've tried rebooting my system...
  6. Halo Infinite Won't Launch on Xbox App or Steam

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Launch on Xbox App or Steam: I've tried reinstalling multiple times, and I've tried running Easy Anti Cheat as admin. Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS build 19045.4529. 2fb5980f-2757-4d10-ba0e-85a2fcf67582
  7. Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?: Multiple games where players would have as many points as 8-10 players combined. For example a game of 12v12, 1-2 players using PC mods on the opposing team would have as many kills as an entire...
  8. My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.: I just bought a new xbox series s and installed halo infinite but when i try to play halo infinite it says "content required to play this experience is not yet installed" i have restarted the game...
  9. Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC: I have the PC game pass. I want to play Halo Infinite I click start game and the screen comes up saying its loading game getting ready to play then the Halo Infinite game window closes down and...
  10. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store: Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's installed and I was playing the game fine a few...