Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam

Discus and support Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Opening Halo Infinite (multiplayer or campaign) on the Xbox App will only open a background process and not launch a program at all. Under the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gskgfso, Dec 11, 2021.

  1. gskgfso
    gskgfso Guest

    Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam


    :)
     
    gskgfso, Dec 11, 2021
    #1
  2. Kirainne
    Kirainne New Member
    Hi Jesse,

    Thanks for providing a new possibility to fix the problem instead of rehashing the same uninstall/reinstall/update/repair (etc.) procedures.

    I have an interesting problem though: when I go to my Halo Waypoint account and click "Halo Insider" I get this message: "We are experiencing a problem, try again later. We have our top engineer, Bob, working on it."

    Seems like you may be on to something. Any thoughts as to where to go from here or are we dead in the water?
     
    Kirainne, Dec 12, 2021
    #2
  3. Tirrell7 Win User

    Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

    Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

    I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

    • Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

    A couple of resources (including this thread):

  4. Tirrell7 Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

    Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

    I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

    • Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

    A couple of resources (including this thread):

  5. Tirrell7 Win User

    Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?!

    Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

    I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

    • Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

    A couple of resources (including this thread):

  6. gskgfso Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam

    tried everything nothing helped
  7. Steery-Us Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam

    I thought about this as well, but to no avail, didn't work...
Thema:

Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam

Loading...
  1. Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite won't

  2. Disc to digital / Halo Infinite PSA

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital / Halo Infinite PSA: Hey XBOX Insiders, if you've had issues with the Halo Infinite disc only letting you play multiplayer after claiming the digital license, we believe we've fixed this issue. You'll need to reclaim...
  3. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  4. Bug on Halo Infinite Gauntlet mode

    in XboX Insiders
    Bug on Halo Infinite Gauntlet mode: Hi, Yesterday I finally tried Halo Infinite's Gauntlet mode, but I encountered a black screen issue during pre-game. Is this a known issue? https://www.xbox.com/play/media/zKGCAfBqjW submitted by...
  5. Halo Infinite won't launch after latest update

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't launch after latest update: Hello everyone, I've recently updated Halo Infinite, and now it won't launch at all. Before the update, the game was running smoothly on my PC without any issues. I've tried rebooting my system...
  6. Halo Infinite Won't Launch on Xbox App or Steam

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Launch on Xbox App or Steam: I've tried reinstalling multiple times, and I've tried running Easy Anti Cheat as admin. Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS build 19045.4529. 2fb5980f-2757-4d10-ba0e-85a2fcf67582
  7. Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?: Multiple games where players would have as many points as 8-10 players combined. For example a game of 12v12, 1-2 players using PC mods on the opposing team would have as many kills as an entire...
  8. My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.: I just bought a new xbox series s and installed halo infinite but when i try to play halo infinite it says "content required to play this experience is not yet installed" i have restarted the game...
  9. Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC: I have the PC game pass. I want to play Halo Infinite I click start game and the screen comes up saying its loading game getting ready to play then the Halo Infinite game window closes down and...
  10. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store: Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's installed and I was playing the game fine a few...