Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joseph Harris1, May 5, 2023.

1. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's installed and I was playing the game fine a few hours ago. Anything I can do? I haven't uninstalled yet because my WiFi here is rubbish and I only really want to do that as a last ditch effort. All my drivers are up to date and I can't think why it would suddenly just stop working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pics won't load but message says:

"This app can't open

Check the windows store for more info about halo infinite"

And when I click that it just says reinstall where it should say play/install.

:)

Joseph Harris1, May 5, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

You're most welcome Joseph! I appreciate your time with me today!
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Joseph. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

We can try some troubleshooting that might help. Kindly open the Xbox app for Windows. In My Library, select the game title. Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

You can also try signing out/in from the MS store and Xbox app to refresh your game. For more steps, feel free to check: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/....
  4. Joseph Harris1 Win User

Hi, Joseph. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

We can try some troubleshooting that might help. Kindly open the Xbox app for Windows. In My Library, select the game title. Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

You can also try signing out/in from the MS store and Xbox app to refresh your game. For more steps, feel free to check: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/....
    The troubleshooting worked, thank you!!
  5. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

6. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

Thema:

1. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Halo infinite won't

2. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  3. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  4. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  5. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  6. halo infinite - infinite stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite - infinite stuck: Hi all, Alrighty then, i tried to install halo infinite on the game pass. Sadly it doesnt seem to be going that well. I manage to download the game and get it to start but then the fun starts....
  7. halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,: halo infinite campaign mode stopped working, it will only allow multiplayer the disc loads perfectly but the opening menu is stuck on multiplayer and the cursor will not move....
  8. Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox ban PC hackers in HALO Infinite?: Multiple games where players would have as many points as 8-10 players combined. For example a game of 12v12, 1-2 players using PC mods on the opposing team would have as many kills as an entire...
  9. My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite multiplayer won't work.: I just bought a new xbox series s and installed halo infinite but when i try to play halo infinite it says "content required to play this experience is not yet installed" i have restarted the game...
  10. Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Won't Start on PC: I have the PC game pass. I want to play Halo Infinite I click start game and the screen comes up saying its loading game getting ready to play then the Halo Infinite game window closes down and...