Halo Infinite "The request is not supported." when trying to launch the game, Windows 10

Discus and support Halo Infinite "The request is not supported." when trying to launch the game, Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to get Halo Infinite to launch for the last little while, however, the game keeps spitting out this message: [img] I play Halo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Whole Egg, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Whole Egg
    Whole Egg Guest

Halo Infinite "The request is not supported." when trying to launch the game, Windows 10

I've been trying to get Halo Infinite to launch for the last little while, however, the game keeps spitting out this message:
    Halo Infinite "The request is not supported." when trying to launch the game, Windows 10 [​IMG]

I play Halo Infinite through Game Pass on a Windows 10 PC. The game has launched for me before. This message started popping up after I used the Windows 10 app settings page to "Reset" Halo Infinite in an attempt to reduce crashing issues.

I've reinstalled the game 3 times, tried using windows app settings to "Reset" Halo, Xbox, and Gaming services, using DISM to repair my Windows, repairing my C: drive, restarting my computer numerous times, and attempting the troubleshooting steps listed on Xbox support.

Other games I've installed through my Game Pass subscription work just fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

:)

Whole Egg, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Whole Egg Win User

Hi again,

Sorry, it took a while to respond. I've been meaning to find the time to get around to it.

I downloaded the Xbox app on the other user as you said, and I was able to launch Halo Infinite and even playtest for a little while. It seems launching the game through a different local user didn't have any hitches.

However, the issue still persists on my main local account. Is there any way to fix this, or will I just have to settle playing on a different local user for now?

Thanks
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Whole Egg,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome, Whole Egg.

Based on your description, you were using an antivirus, we would like to ask if there will be no issue if the antivirus is disable. In the other hand, might need to install Xbox app and or the game into the local user. However please check the steps on how to - Create a local user or administrator account in Windows. Please launch Microsoft Store and search for Xbox app then select Get or Install. Otherwise please let us know if there's an error message or issue.

By the way, is this only happening with the game - Halo Infinite?

We look forward for your response.

Kind regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Whole Egg,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you were having frequent crash with Halo Infinite and that the reset you have performed has resulted to inability to launch the game. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Given that the you almost have tried every troubleshooting that could fix this issue. Let us try to check the basics and see if we can better isolate this concern, we would like to ask for few questions:

May we ask if you are using Windows 10 or 11 and what is the build?

Do you have any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer installed in the PC?

Is your PC updated? Did your PC meet the system requirements written here?

Have you tried to play Halo Infinite on a new local user account from PC?

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Whole Egg,

We have not heard anything from you since from our last follow up message. If you have other concerns please do not hesitate to create a new thread and we would be more than happy to assist you with it. Have a great day ahead of you.

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Halo Infinite "The request is not supported." when trying to launch the game, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite request

2. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  5. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  6. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  7. halo infinite - infinite stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite - infinite stuck: Hi all, Alrighty then, i tried to install halo infinite on the game pass. Sadly it doesnt seem to be going that well. I manage to download the game and get it to start but then the fun starts....
  8. halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,: halo infinite campaign mode stopped working, it will only allow multiplayer the disc loads perfectly but the opening menu is stuck on multiplayer and the cursor will not move....
  9. Still 100% HALO Infinite Multiplayer Games Hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still 100% HALO Infinite Multiplayer Games Hacked: I'm in the top 5% of players for Infinite and not one game in the past two months hasn't had a lobby with people using mods. Its ridiculously easy to see who is cheating if you watch their...
  10. I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite: In halo infinite forge i was just minding my own business when suddenly i was booted off the map i was making. I tried loading back in but it sayed it was copy protected even though i was the one...