Halo Infinite stuck in install/download/update loop

Discus and support Halo Infinite stuck in install/download/update loop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past week I've been trying to install Halo Infinite and it's Campaign content on PC through the Xbox app/Windows Store. The issue started with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JacksonHenderson1, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Halo Infinite stuck in install/download/update loop

For the past week I've been trying to install Halo Infinite and it's Campaign content on PC through the Xbox app/Windows Store. The issue started with being unable to download or launch any games, whether new or already installed (This was related to the "You must install Gaming Services to launch or download games" bug mentioned many times in other threads). After spending a few days trying to resolve that issue I can once again install or launch games, except for Halo Infinite.

The base game downloads and installs, I open it to make sure it works, then close it to resume the download and installation of the Campaign content. Except after closing it the Xbox app now prompts me to update the game I just launched. I click "Update" and it starts downloading with a progress bar of "0 B of 70.7 GB".

Halo Infinite stuck in install/download/update loop [​IMG]

The progress bar never changes but network activity in the task manager indicates something is being downloaded so I leave it for some hours. When I check back the download has stopped, but instead of a "Play" button now being available it simply says "Update" once more. Attempting to launch the game from the exe simply tells you that you need to download an update before you can play. The process repeats and the result is the same. Attempting the update in the Windows Store ends with the same result.

Halo Infinite stuck in install/download/update loop [​IMG]

The fixes I've attempted thus far include,

-Uninstalling/Reinstalling the game, Gaming Services, Xbox app, Windows Store app

-Reset/Repair the game, Gaming Services, Xbox app, Windows Store app

-Updating windows and relevant drivers

-Signing out and back in the Xbox app, Windows Store app

-Verifying Integrity of Game files using the Xbox app

-Resetting the Windows store cache

-Completely resetting Windows 10 and starting from scratch

The fixes mentioned above that were found in similar threads have had no effect.

:)

JacksonHenderson1, Feb 22, 2023
  2. JacksonHenderson1 Win User

System File Checker steps completed with no issues/errors found, and computer restarted.

No change thus far, the issue persists.
  3. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to do the steps on this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  4. Chaotic Gypsy Win User

ToU Agreement stuck in an infinite loop.

Stuck in a damn infinite loop
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

Halo Infinite (PC) won't load past title screen

Hello,

We have decided to lock this thread. If you are experiencing a similar error, please create a new thread so one of our agents may assist you. For Steam users, please view Halo Infinite Known Issues if you are receiving an infinite loop error.

Thank you!

-Tali
  6. gooslaps goop Win User

Infinity Ward thinking about next generation.

i ain't buying it they are stuck in an infinite loop of cut and paste slightly edit and sell sell sell
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite stuck in install/download/update loop - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite stuck

2. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  5. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  6. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  7. halo infinite - infinite stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite - infinite stuck: Hi all, Alrighty then, i tried to install halo infinite on the game pass. Sadly it doesnt seem to be going that well. I manage to download the game and get it to start but then the fun starts....
  8. Halo Infinite stuck on 'Authenticating with Services' loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite stuck on 'Authenticating with Services' loading screen: Hello Tomm_A I followed these instructions from our previous thread. Signing out and signing back in did not work. I have pretty much given up trying to play Halo Infinite. I am playing other...
  9. Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X: The game launches will successfully launch. But upon hitting press a to play I get stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services". The game is updated in its...
  10. Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services". How do I get my game to load and be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services". How do I get my game to load and be...: The game launches just fine. But upon hitting Start I am stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services". As far as I know nothing is wrong with my...