Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?!

Discus and support Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone had a problem in which Halo Infinite fails to launch on XBOX Live app for windows 10. I've attached a screenshot of HaloInfinite.exe stalled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OniBishop, Dec 9, 2021.

1. OniBishop
    OniBishop Guest

Has anyone had a problem in which Halo Infinite fails to launch on XBOX Live app for windows 10. I've attached a screenshot of HaloInfinite.exe stalled in task manager. I've tried all known solutions including game repair, game reset. I've uninstalled and even reset the xbox gaming services thru Powershell. I installed the game thru steam and it works with no issues. I don't own the game thru steam so it's not a viable solution. Thanks for any help in advance !

- Frustrated Gamer

Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?! [​IMG]

:)

OniBishop, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

3. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

4. Tirrell7 Win User

• Console Window Host
    • HaloInfinite.exe

5. iTF R4VES Win User

Nope, not just you having this issue. I bought a new laptop (Dell G15 5511) this shipped with Win11Pro. 1st thing I did after setting it up was download halo infinite.

When I confirm the download it doesnt give me a hard drive to select. It says () unknown drive. It still downloads and puts it in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

But the game doesnt load.

I have downloaded the outer worlds and halo masterchief, both give me my C drive to select and both play once downloaded.

I am convinced that it is something to do with the () unknow drive thing. Yours the same?

I have tried everything. Powershell reset of gaming services, uninstalled the game, uninstalled the xbox app, reinstalled windows. Nothing has worked.

I have the game on my Series X so not overly bothered in fairness its just bugging me why it isnt working at this point.

**EDIT**

I have just plugged an external drive into my laptop. Went to Settings/Storage/Choose where new content is stored.

I then changed new apps to be stored to the external drive and applied. Then restarted the xbox app. Deleted halo and tried to download it. It still said () Unknown available drives but now I had a [CHANGE] button next to it. Clicked that and there was my C drive. I have now selected the C and it is downloading again. I think this would have fixed the issue.

I will report back with my findings.
  6. OniBishop Win User

So you can play the campaign via steam with your xbox live game pass ?
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?! - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite Launching

2. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  5. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  6. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  7. halo infinite - infinite stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite - infinite stuck: Hi all, Alrighty then, i tried to install halo infinite on the game pass. Sadly it doesnt seem to be going that well. I manage to download the game and get it to start but then the fun starts....
  8. halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,: halo infinite campaign mode stopped working, it will only allow multiplayer the disc loads perfectly but the opening menu is stuck on multiplayer and the cursor will not move....
  9. Why is it that when I click to launch Halo Infinite that it'll sometimes launch; yet about...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that when I click to launch Halo Infinite that it'll sometimes launch; yet about...: Why is it that when I click to launch Halo Infinite that it'll sometimes launch; yet about half the time it'll keep from launching? I'm just sitting here staring at the button that should've...
  10. Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite won't launch - directs me to the Microsoft Store: Hey, I've been trying to open halo infinite for the past 30 odd mins and it keeps redirecting me to the MS store. The Xbox game pass app says it's installed and I was playing the game fine a few...