Halo Infinite crashes during launch with XBOX PC App. I've been troubleshooting, but need help!

Discus and support Halo Infinite crashes during launch with XBOX PC App. I've been troubleshooting, but need help! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; PLEASE HELP! I would like to play the Halo Infinite campaign with the XBOX PC Game Pass, without having to pay Steam $40. I've spent several of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan Dunn1, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Nathan Dunn1
    Nathan Dunn1 Guest

Halo Infinite crashes during launch with XBOX PC App. I've been troubleshooting, but need help!

PLEASE HELP! I would like to play the Halo Infinite campaign with the XBOX PC Game Pass, without having to pay Steam $40. I've spent several of my evenings on troubleshooting so far, and have failed. I consider myself to have moderate-enthusiast level Windows/PC experience.

I was previously able to play Halo Infinite multiplayer through a Steam (free to play) installation. I recently signed up for the XBOX PC game pass, and decided to install Halo Infinite through the XBOX app, so I could keep my game files in the XBOX ecosystem. The game worked fine, until I installed the campaign files. After I installed the campaign files with the XBOX app, the XBOX launcher for Halo crashes whenever I open the game, usually within 5 seconds, before the XBOX studios graphic finishes.

All of the other games installed on my PC have no issues at all. They all launch correctly with XBOX, Steam, battle.net, or EA.

I uninstalled the Steam game files thinking that there was likely a conflict between the simultaneous installations, but that did not fix the issue. I have been troubleshooting for almost a week trying to get Halo Infinite to launch with XBOX PC App, but I have had no success at all. I reinstalled the Steam version at one point and it launched and played (multiplayer only) with no issues, but this is not the solution that I want since I do not have XBOX Game Pass access to the campaign.

Some of the things that I have already attempted:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Halo, XBOX PC, Steam, Microsoft Game Services, Direct X 12, and the Microsoft Store. multiple times.

I've terminated, repaired, and reset everything that I could think of

I've done Clean Boot, run as administrator, cache clears, disk cleanups, windows and driver updates

I've deleted temp files, and used command prompt to take admin control of file folders that I had no business taking control of

I've trawled through Reddit, Microsoft forums, youtube videos, and online PC gurus. There is a surprising amount of content available for Halo Infinite crashes.

The closest I have gotten to identifying the root cause of the launch failure is when I ran WinDBG Preview and loaded one of the Halo crash dump files. It identified a library file called Arbiter.dll. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_CODE_c0000005_Arbiter.dll!arbiter . Multiple crash dump files showed this same result. This insight just led me down another rabbit hole surrounding the Arbiter.dll file, but I was still not able to resolve it.

My PC is built with an i7-8700k, 16GB DDR4, RTX 3070 FE, and is running Windows 10, which exceeds the system requirements for Halo Infinite.

Please provide some additional troubleshooting steps that I can work through. I want this to work, but I don't want to break Windows to do it.

Thanks,

-Nathan

:)

Nathan Dunn1, Feb 7, 2023
  2. PatrickWetzel Win User

Halo Infinite (Xbox PC) crashing on launch!

I am currently suffering from this problem. I just switched to a new ssd boot drive and a fresh install of windows and now halo ininite downloaded from the xbox app crashes on launch. I've checked file integrity on halo infinite, xbox app and windows. I've tried uninstalling halo infinite and xbox app. Do I need to reset windows?
  3. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

4. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

5. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?!

• Console Window Host
    • HaloInfinite.exe

6. TylerMarino1 Win User

All Xbox apps i use crash on load

Yes, as i said i have hard reset my pc and completely updated everything. Uninstalling the xbox app did not work either. Still crashing on the menu in halo infinite
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite crashes during launch with XBOX PC App. I've been troubleshooting, but need help! - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite crashes

2. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  5. Halo Infinite Campaign Keeps Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Campaign Keeps Crashing: I've tried the following solutions. 1. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version. 2. Make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the game. 3. Disable any...
  6. Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass): I see other people have mentioned this issue but the thread is locked or cant see a solution. On PC Game Pass I can play multiplayer fine. I did have to go through all the troubleshooting methods...
  7. Halo Infinite Season 5 Crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Season 5 Crashes on startup: It just closes on loading screen, was working fine before S5 update 2d597996-5038-409c-8078-e56d8cbc0cb1
  8. How to stop halo infinite campaign from crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop halo infinite campaign from crashing: I have halo infinite on pc and while the multiplayer works well, whenever I attempt to use the campaign mode the game crashes. I have already restarted my computer, reinstalled the game. verified...
  9. Xbox x halo infinite crashes when authenticating services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox x halo infinite crashes when authenticating services: Hi, Have reset console, turned on and off etc but nothing works. please help. 2d2df8ac-b51d-47f0-be65-6a430dc0e1f0
  10. Halo infinite keeps crashing on me in the same spot no matter what I do

in XboX Insiders
    Halo infinite keeps crashing on me in the same spot no matter what I do: Xbox series x. Anyone know why my game keeps crashing at the end of level 2 or 3 steps into level 3 ? It will freeze , screen gets green fuzz then goes to xbox home. If I relaunch the game...