Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer

Discus and support Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to install Halo Infinite Campaign from the Xbox App, it only installs the multiplayer. When I try to install the campaign after installing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeremyDouglass1, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer

When I try to install Halo Infinite Campaign from the Xbox App, it only installs the multiplayer.

When I try to install the campaign after installing the multiplayer by clicking "manage installation," it says downloading 0 B/81.4 GB at 0 bytes/s (see attached image), despite the campaign itself only taking up about 13 or so GB, does nothing after being left alone after a few hours, and when I try to restart the Xbox App, it crows at me to reinstall Gaming Services, despite it being fully installed and updated.

When I try to just start the multiplayer app and modify the install within Halo Infinite, I select "campaign" and hit "apply changes", and the check boxes go grey for a couple minutes before becoming white again with no change.

I've pretty much tried everything: repairing, resetting, and reinstalling Gaming Services (whatever that "service" does; seems to be more of a hinderance), the Xbox App, and even the Microsoft Store.

My computer is fully up to date. Halo Infinite, while fun, has been such an annoyance since the day I bought it a year ago, and it all seems to stem from the Xbox App or Gaming Services.

At this point, I kind of wish I had bought the game on Steam.

Anyway, does someone want to offer me something I haven't tried to do? Or, maybe someone could roll out an update? At this point I've spent about as much time trying to diagnose the game as I have actually playing it, and it's getting really annoying.

It seems to work on my Windows 11 machine at home, but this computer is my room mate's and he doesn't want to/have the ability to "upgrade" to Windows 11. Either way, problems like this have happened on my other computer, and the versions shouldn't be so different that the older has to suffer from reduced performance somehow.

Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer [​IMG]

:)

JeremyDouglass1, Mar 5, 2023
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it

Hello Bradley Van der linde,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Are you trying to download Halo Infinite on Steam or through the Xbox app?

If it's the Xbox app, can you verify that your Xbox app and Gaming services are up to date?

Open the Xbox App

• Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "About" on the left panel
    The first set of numbers under "Version" will display the current version of your Xbox App.

Current versions:

Xbox App: 2112.1001.10.0

Gaming Services: 3.60.12001.0

Also, is "Halo Infinite (Campaign)" giving you trouble or is it "Halo Infinite" (Multiplayer)? Have you tried downloading any other games?
  3. Denis Lomov Win User

Cant Install Halo Infinite campain

Hello!
    Thank you for the reply - all other games from Microsoft are downloading without any problem. This happens only to Halo Infinite campaign.

So I am downloading Halo: Infinite from Microsoft App Store - it contains only MULTIPLAYER. (Multiplayer works no problems)
    To Isnstall SINGLE PLAYER campaign - from within the main menu of the HALO Infinite I am:
    1) Going to CAMPAIGN - it says not DOWNLOADED
    2) Going to CONTOL PANEL ( Inside HALO: Inifite game itself)
    3) Going to Manage Game
    4) There opening a menu GAME COMPONENTS:
    - game - installed (square for the check mark checked)
    - campaign - not installed (square for the check mark unchecked)
    - hd content pack - not installed (square for the check mark unchecked)
    5) I am selecting CAMPAIGN (clicking on the square to place check mark) - it says WILL BE INSTALLED
    6) Pressing APPLY button - download of the campaign must start within the game menu BUT
    7) APPLY button remains PRESSED for a few minutes and DOWNLOAD doest start
    8) button APPLY becomes unpressed again and nothing happens :-\

Basically Game itself is not downloading its SINGLE PLAYER component from its own menu - tried reinstallation of the game, restarted computer multiple times - nothing is changing
  4. [Farscape] Win User

XBOX LIVE GOLD

only halo infinite multiplayer is free to play, the campaign is not.
  5. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

6. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

Thema:

Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer

1. Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite Campaign

2. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  3. halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,: halo infinite campaign mode stopped working, it will only allow multiplayer the disc loads perfectly but the opening menu is stuck on multiplayer and the cursor will not move....
  4. Halo Infinite Campaign Keeps Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Campaign Keeps Crashing: I've tried the following solutions. 1. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version. 2. Make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the game. 3. Disable any...
  5. Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass): I see other people have mentioned this issue but the thread is locked or cant see a solution. On PC Game Pass I can play multiplayer fine. I did have to go through all the troubleshooting methods...
  6. Halo Infinite Campaign not saving?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Campaign not saving?: I have been playing Halo Infinite through steam, and recently purchased the campaign DLC and thought I would give it a try. I have put about 5 hours into my save, but unfortunately the game...
  7. Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc: I have purchased a pre owned copy of Halo infinite for my Xbox one. I have installed it fine. Game loads fine but when I try and start campaign from the main menu it says I have to pay for the...
  8. How to stop halo infinite campaign from crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop halo infinite campaign from crashing: I have halo infinite on pc and while the multiplayer works well, whenever I attempt to use the campaign mode the game crashes. I have already restarted my computer, reinstalled the game. verified...
  9. So, do you have to buy the halo infinite campaign again, for EVERY profile/account that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So, do you have to buy the halo infinite campaign again, for EVERY profile/account that...: So my sister bought and downloaded the Halo infinite campaign onto her profile. I assumed that once it was downloaded onto the Xbox that the campaign could be played by any account/profile on that...
  10. I want to replay the Halo Infinite campaign and find the skulls and audio logs again. Is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to replay the Halo Infinite campaign and find the skulls and audio logs again. Is...: I enjoy the campaign so much, and I want to completely reset all data so I can find all the skulls and audio logs again. Is there a way this is possible? cc62f3d6-460f-410e-8b3d-4678eaa213f1