Halo, game not installed/directory not found insanity

Discus and support Halo, game not installed/directory not found insanity in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] [img] Cant play ANY halo game. This issue been there since release of the mcc, is there a reliable fix for this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BanhammerzZzz, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Halo, game not installed/directory not found insanity

Halo, game not installed/directory not found insanity [​IMG]

Halo, game not installed/directory not found insanity [​IMG]

Cant play ANY halo game. This issue been there since release of the mcc, is there a reliable fix for this?

:)

BanhammerzZzz, Nov 7, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

The games are put on an encrypted folder you can't see it

Unless you get it on steam then you need to talk to steam
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this for the game too.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Login with your account again in both apps and try again

If after 24 hours the content doesn't appear in-game, I recommend contacting the Halo team.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Can't install halo via game pass on xbox app (I had already played it on game pass more info below)

Ok, the xbox app is one thing, if you have Halo installed via Steam, you would have to search for it on the directory in which the steam games are installed. What you could do, regarding the Halo issue on Steam is to verify the integraty of the files, or even reinstall the game.

As for the xbox app, indeed, this issue with the app is happening to a lot of users as well. We think is a bug within the app itself. :/
  5. mar_man Win User

Error 0x87E00005 from XBOX App on PC when installing games.

Thanks for your responses.

The issue seems to be cleared.

I see a new update for xbox games has just installed, and the install directory setting is in a different location. It is now consistently recognizing the correct directory and device and installing games correctly.

I will avoid using the old PC and will remove that profile.

Appreciate your attention
  6. JarrardScott Win User

xbox game pass for pc causing BSOD

So I was getting the same sort of issues. I have Sophos Enterprise installed on my PC and just listed my new install directories as exclusions for scanning and it's now working.

I noticed the old Windows Apps directories were listed in exclusions so thats why older installations were working.

Xbox Game Store changed the install directories so check where your games are installed.

I did every diagnostic check under the sun and in the end, it was just an access issue caused by my anti-virus.

On the plus side, my pc is now in a very healthy state lol
Thema:

1. Halo, game not installed/directory not found insanity - Similar Threads - Halo game installed

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. Still 100% HALO Infinite Multiplayer Games Hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still 100% HALO Infinite Multiplayer Games Hacked: I'm in the top 5% of players for Infinite and not one game in the past two months hasn't had a lobby with people using mods. Its ridiculously easy to see who is cheating if you watch their...
  4. Why is my halo infinite game not working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my halo infinite game not working?: My Halo Infinite game started downloading like a new game. When the upload finished, i cant play the game. It allows me to enter the game but I cant go past the menu....
  5. Halo vr game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo vr game?: A prospective Halo Virtual Reality (VR) game is warranted due to its potential to furnish an immersive and unparalleled gaming experience. By enabling players to traverse the iconic Halo universe...
  6. Halo Xbox halo game missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Xbox halo game missing: Hi I have a Halo Xbox. I had to hard reset it, but now I lost the game Halo that came it the console. How do I get it back? 7b0e1fa3-c011-4b9e-a955-fd5d54a01e73
  7. Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...: So, I cannot load my og gamertag on my Xbox360. Although I can log in to it on the PC so I know the correct email address and password. I had made another account and this one works. So I log in...
  8. How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console: I just bought a digital code Halo MCC on my xbox S. I want to play in split screen with my little brother in co-op mode (as a team, not competitors). However when I tap the Multi-player bar->...
  9. My halo infinite game isn't downloading or showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My halo infinite game isn't downloading or showing up: I have used 60 of my points for halo infinite and redeemed the game on my Xbox but it didn't go to queue or owned games what should I do to get my game on my Xbox or to get a new code...
  10. Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass): I see other people have mentioned this issue but the thread is locked or cant see a solution. On PC Game Pass I can play multiplayer fine. I did have to go through all the troubleshooting methods...