Hacked Microsoft account/Problems with migration from Mojang to Microsoft

Discus and support Hacked Microsoft account/Problems with migration from Mojang to Microsoft in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey, I have an issue. I tried to log into my Minecraft account through Microsoft, because I've already migrated and I've never had an issue with that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AliceŠedlbauerová, May 21, 2022.

1. Hacked Microsoft account/Problems with migration from Mojang to Microsoft

Hey, I have an issue.

I tried to log into my Minecraft account through Microsoft, because I've already migrated and I've never had an issue with that until yesterday. When I tried to log in it kept saying that there's no such Microsoft account registered under my email address, which is pretty weird, since I haven't had an issue like that. I think it's good to mention that I have two email addresses that I use, one for my Microsoft and the second one for other stuff - now I've used the second one for Minecraft and I'm pretty sure I've made a new Microsoft account with it just to migrate. Now when I tried to log in with my Microsoft address it works but it's my Xbox account which I never even used and it says that I do not have Java edition, (it just simply says I am warez), hence why I believe I migrated to the same address as I´ve used for Mojang and not this one. This all made me think that it was a migration issue and that I am dumb for not remembering which address I've used until today - today I tried to log in again with my normal address and it asked for a pin, which did not work of course so I tried the "Use a method not listed here". Now when I clicked that it was basically a window where you use your password instead of your pin, that's nothing unusual - what's unusual is that under the "Forgot your password?" line it said "Email code to ti*****@mail.ru". That would not be weird at all if "ti*****@mail.ru" was my email address, which it isn't. That's how I came to the conclusion that someone most likely changed my email address, and it would not be that strange since just few hours prior to that I received an email sent from my own email address to my own email address. The contents of that email were pretty much just my exposed password and trying to blackmail me into sending them bitcoins. Since then I've changed my password, but it did not come to me that someone might try and steal other accounts. Now of course, these two occurrences might have no connections with each other at all, but it would make sense.

Thank you all for your help.

Alice

:)

AliceŠedlbauerová, May 21, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Alice edlbauerová! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you believe that your Microsoft account has been compromised, you should follow the steps suggested in this link to regain control of your email account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. andreibakos Win User

Cannot use/play Minecraft with Mojang account - Java Edition

hi Ricardo,

Thanks a lot but I know how how to reset my Microsoft account and this is not the problem and of course I've tried this option.

Here is the timeline:

1) Minecraft JAVA Edition bought from minecraft.net

2) Game is working with Mojang account

3) Mojang accounts have to be migrated to Microsoft account ( system announcement)

4) Migration done

5) Game cannot be used using Microsoft account after migration

6) Game cannot be used using Mojang account after migration

7) Several emails sent to MOJANG and minecraft.net for help - response: we cannot help, please contact Microsoft as this now in hands of them

8) Several emails sent to MOJANG and minecraft.net for refund - please refund as I bought the game from you and it's not working

9) I'm not able to contact Microsoft for this problem - the only channel to get in touch with Microsoft is this community

Best regards,
  4. XboxGamerJustin Win User

I think my minecraft account has been hacked can someone please go through the process with me on how i am able to get it back???

Hi Reid,

To login to Minecraft you would need to use your Microsoft account. Where you signing in via Mojang account? There was a migration deadline where you had to migrate your Mojang account over to a Microsoft account. If you haven't done this it is not possible to migrate your account anymore, you can read more here: Account migration last call | Minecraft

If you are stating Microsoft account has been compromised you can follow the steps here: How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Cannot Access Minecraft Java Edition

Do you have the confirmation email from Mojang in the Microsoft accounts used to migrate each Mojang account?
  6. MoroseBadger600 Win User

Minecraft java edition microsoft account

Hi

You have migrate the account yourself from a Mojang account to a Microsoft account through this link

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. Hacked Microsoft account/Problems with migration from Mojang to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Hacked Microsoft account

2. my microsoft account was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account was hacked: my Microsoft account was hacked when i go to log in to the Microsoft store there are now two accounts with the email i used. i can login to one of them but it says i have nothing i had on my...
  3. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  4. Microsoft account hacked, can't do anything

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account hacked, can't do anything: I have tried the recovery form, but the email has been changed so it just responds with "This account does not exist", and I can't do anything like recovery of passwords etc. How can I fix this....
  5. Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft XBox & Email account Hacked: Hello. My sons XBox account has been hacked. When he tries to sign in to his email outlook account says it does not exist. Is there anything we can do to recover it and fix it? Thanks...
  6. Is my microsoft account hacked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is my microsoft account hacked?: Hello guys, I have been receiving emails saying that my refund has been processed. I didn't log into my Microsoft account nor have I made any refund. Is it that my account was hacked or a scam...
  7. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  8. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  9. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...
  10. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...