H.264 Not Playing After Recent Update

Discus and support H.264 Not Playing After Recent Update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was in the middle of watching a tv series in the h.264 format on my xbox. Everything was going well for 2?5 seasons but now Kodi won't play them (new... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/flexfulton, Mar 18, 2023.

1. H.264 Not Playing After Recent Update

I was in the middle of watching a tv series in the h.264 format on my xbox. Everything was going well for 2?5 seasons but now Kodi won't play them (new or old ones we already watched) and media player is very choppy with them.

Kodi just freezing at the loading wheel, locks up and plays the audio, media player plays them but is very stuttery.

It's not my network, corrupt files or the HDD because these files play fine via my phone and on my smart tv.

I see there was an update to the Xbox the other day about the same time it started crapping out.

Other files like h.265 play fine.

Anyone else?

Current Version

submitted by /u/flexfulton
    [link] [comments]

/u/flexfulton, Mar 18, 2023
  2. JBernard11 Win User

Green screen with HEVC (.265) videos

Hey there custom90gt.

Sorry to hear your troubles with H.264 content. To start out, are you or any users on your Xbox One part of the Preview Update? If so, have you had a chance to report the issue over on the Preview Forums? If not, let us know so we can best help you out. H.264
    content is supported as
    outlined in this FAQ
    , although if your files contain unsupported content it may not work properly.
    It's H.265 not .264. .264 works without issue.
  3. Nic12321 Win User

Green screen with HEVC (.265) videos

Hey there custom90gt.

Sorry to hear your troubles with H.264 content. To start out, are you or any users on your Xbox One part of the Preview Update? If so, have you had a chance to report the issue over on the Preview Forums? If not, let us know so we can best help you out. H.264
    content is supported as
    outlined in this FAQ
    , although if your files contain unsupported content it may not work properly.

It's H.265 not .264. .264 works without issue.
    Yep, and it still doesn't work. Pretty disappointing considering how microsoft touts the xbox as a multimedia machine.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Microsoft Faces U.S. Import Ban on Xbox 360

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"] the H.264 codec, was marketed as a free-ware codec anyway & always has been... [/quote]MPEG LA would like to have a word with you...

h.264 is not "free", especially not for commercial use.
  5. ShasnK Win User

Media Player and MPEG4

The same is true with MKV files encoded with h.264 and AC3 audio. Nothing will play in the Media Player app from my DLNA server. It was working an hour ago, but not anymore.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Streaming

I have a Boxee Box. It chokes on hi10p, but it does work well for conventional 8bit h.264 and understands MKV.
Thema:

H.264 Not Playing After Recent Update

1. H.264 Not Playing After Recent Update - Similar Threads - 264 Playing Recent

2. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  5. How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?: I got told I can use it to play on xbox pc, i can use it through the app but when i open the game it wont allow me to use it anymore... what can i do to fix this?...
  6. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  7. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  8. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  9. Does the Media Player App support H.264 MKV video files for now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Media Player App support H.264 MKV video files for now?: Hi, I don't know if someone has already asked this question but I failed to find a related thread with the search function. I've set up a DLNA server and placed several MKV files which I believe...
  10. Xbox 360 S will not play H.264 Protected Content from WMC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S will not play H.264 Protected Content from WMC: Comcast is in the process of converting their channel lineup to H.264. I use the Xbox 360 S as a Windows Media Center extender and this has worked great for years. Now that Comcast is...