GWFL - Games for Windows Life - Fable 3 DLC content

Discus and support GWFL - Games for Windows Life - Fable 3 DLC content in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Fable 3 awhile ago on Steam and wanted to play it. I have paid and have valid DLC codes but they do not work as I get the "error retrieving... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Toneless, Jun 17, 2020.

  1. Toneless
    Toneless Guest

    GWFL - Games for Windows Life - Fable 3 DLC content


    I purchased Fable 3 awhile ago on Steam and wanted to play it. I have paid and have valid DLC codes but they do not work as I get the "error retrieving purchasing history error "through the GFWL in the games for windows live so they won't download. It is
    still nice enough to tell me yes my codes are valid (this doesn't solve anything or help me out). I can play the main game but none of the DLC content works. Not sure why it can allow me to play the game and that code works but not the DLC.

    When you contact steam they just show my receipt that I did purchase it and states this:

    "Unfortunately, Fable III - Dog Breed Set does not utilize Steam to manage its items. You will need to contact their Support Team for any questions about your items in that game."

    also says the same things for all the other DLC for Fable 3. What can I do to get this to work. Been about 3 months and gone through multiple things and nothing seems to work. Is this something blocked by Microsoft? Are they no longer honoring DLC
    that we have paid for through Steam?? There is no support page for Microsoft regarding this and anytime I try to contact support I get the run around. Also see other people asking the same question and always the end result is .. just download the cracked
    version with the DLC which remove XLIVE.

    I shouldn't have to do that. I purchased a legitimate copy and shouldn't have to use an illegal method to get something I purchased. Please help! This is the problem with DRM. Everyone wants to protect their property but nobody wants to support the
    software that protects their property to the consumer .. Just frustrated.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thank you.

    ***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10***

    :)
     
    Toneless, Jun 17, 2020
    #1
  2. Cosminiion Win User

    GWFL - Games for Windows Life - Fable 3 DLC content

    The Games for Windows Marketplace has stopped working since late 2017. You can no longer use it to re-download anything you purchased in the past and cannot redeem content codes on it either. It's completely broken and effectively useless now, although
    still required to play GFWL titles. Sadly Microsoft is either completely unresponsive or oblivious at best to this matter and clearly does not have the interest to fix it. This is a back-end service problem on their side, pretty much everyone knows that and
    repeatedly complained to Microsoft to no avail. Therefore, in short, there is absolutely no way to legitimately obtain that content (or any other content for that matter) as intended from the Games for Windows Marketplace. If you really want to play with those
    DLCs, then your best choice is indeed the one you mentioned, although you will lose online functionality.
  3. ZuIu Echo Win User

    Fable 3 - DLC

    having issues activating your Fable 3 DLC:

    1. Right-click on the game in your Library list and select "View game CD Key"

    2. Copy any additional CD Keys you may have for additional content. If you can't view the entire CD Key, you can move the bar between "ITEM" and "PRODUCT CODE" to reveal the missing information.

    3. Launch Fable 3 and log in to your Games for Windows Live account.

    4. Press the Home key on your keyboard to activate the Games for Windows Live overlay and click on the button with your profile name and avatar.

    5. Click on "Redeem Code" and enter the 25 digit code to redeem your DLC content.

    6. Once the installation is complete, the content will be available in-game.

    When you start Fable III, please be sure to log in to the Games for Windows Live account which you registered your game and content to.
  4. VagueBeast4 Win User

    Will someone gift me the Prostitute Suit?

    You cannot be gifted Any DLC specific item in Fable 3 (some dlc items are giftable in Fable 2 however) - This includes any DLC content from "Traitors keep" any DLC content from "Understone Quest Pack" any DLC item that requires use of the Downloadable content
    section

    In short you must have those DLC items and get them during the game

    Common things in Fable 3 that are found in the DLC packs are giftable like "long hair" "cooks Hat" and some others - these items can be found without Dlc content
  5. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

    Please suggest a game I will like! Details inside!

    Bioshock

    Prey

    Half Life 2

    Singularity

    Fable 2

    Fable 3
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

    E3

    HI,

    Yeah half life 3 , a new fable , a new forza motorsports 8 ...

    Regards,
    A new Fable and Half Life 3 would really make my day (...or year)
Thema:

GWFL - Games for Windows Life - Fable 3 DLC content

Loading...
  1. GWFL - Games for Windows Life - Fable 3 DLC content - Similar Threads - GWFL Games Windows

  2. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  3. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  4. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  7. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  8. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  9. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  10. gwfl needed for 2 of my favorite games.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    gwfl needed for 2 of my favorite games.: i have Microsoft Flight and Section 8: Prejudice and they both rely on GFWL to run. in S8P i lost everything i had unlocked and cannot save my campaign. Microsoft Flight goes to launch and i get...