[ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox

Discus and support [ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If your experience any following issues: Unable to sign-in to Xbox Live, Your games are not launching, Kinect is not performing like it should be (... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cherry Dolphin, Oct 13, 2017.

1. [ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox

If your experience any following issues: Unable to sign-in to Xbox Live, Your games are not launching, Kinect is not performing like it should be ( Kinect won't register your voice ) , Etc. Performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle
    or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds period is over press the power button to power up you console again, And the green start
    up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.

Alternatively

Xbox 360 Gamers ( Users) can simply go to Settings > System Settings > Storage > Clear System Cache.

THIS OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE ON The XBOX ONE!!

:)

Cherry Dolphin, Oct 13, 2017
  2. How To PowerCycle \ Hard Restart Your Xbox

If your experience any following issues: Unable to sign-in to Xbox Live, Your games are not launching, Kinect is not performing like it should be ( Kinect won't register your voice ) , Etc. Performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle
    or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds period is over press the power button to power up you console
    again, And the green start up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.

Alternatively

Xbox 360 Gamers ( Users) can simply go to Settings > System Settings > Storage > Clear System Cache.

THIS OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE ON The XBOX ONE!!

princeofkingz88, Oct 13, 2017
  3. xXJAMESXxf1
    xXJAMESXxf1 Guest
    ready to install games not loading

most of the time doing the powercycle fixes most of my problems To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting

perform a full reboot of your system, also known as

a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart or hard reset.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.

xXJAMESXxf1, Oct 13, 2017
  4. xXJAMESXxf1 Win User

ready to install games not loading

most of the time doing the powercycle fixes most of my problems To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting

perform a full reboot of your system, also known as

a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart or hard reset.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.
  5. LunaLight7 Win User

Controller Issues

Follow the official guide of the following site: Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller

If you need to go into the console settings, download the official Xbox app from the Store (free), log in with your account and associate your console, the app provides the function of being able to use the smartphone as a remote control. If the A key does
    not work, then use the app as a remote control to access the various possible solutions.
  6. MegaChopCEO Win User

Game doesnt Work

Have you tried a hard reset of your Xbox? That usually fixes most issues. I would do this before uninstalling and reinstalling personally:

To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform
    a full reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart orhard
    reset
    . To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one issues

To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full
    reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle or Full
    Reboot, cold restart or
    hard reset. To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.
  8. mrjonez1 Win User

Can't connect. Check your network name a s password and try again ERROR

I did a cold restart and it worked. I'm back online. I also unplugged my kinect, but I'm not sure if it matters or not.

Here's how to do a cold restart.

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

I also found and an article on IGN that stated "To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle, cold restart or hard reset."
Thema:

[ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox

1. [ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox - Similar Threads - Guide Hard Restart

2. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  3. My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?: When I normally press the xbox button the guide opens but today when I wanted to open it there came a weird message with the code: 0x80073d0f. I‘ve already done everything that the xbox support...
  4. My guide won't work. Error code (0x80073d0f)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guide won't work. Error code (0x80073d0f): My guide won't work. Whenever I try to access the guide by pressing the xbox logo on my controller it says, "Try launching again shortly" and then "If Guide still won't launch, reinstalling it...
  5. Won’t launch guide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t launch guide: When I press the home guide button on the controller, all I get is that the guide couldn’t launch with error code 0x80073dof. I’ve never had this happen before. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  7. Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.: New update makes the Xbox guide extra wide for seemingly no reason, I can’t imagine this being something on purpose… A few days ago they added a “Happening now” tab side bar to the guide when on...
  8. One guide freezing (xbox one x) on skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    One guide freezing (xbox one x) on skip Ahead: hi when i watch tv on xbox one x using one guide it picture freeze and i have reset the xbox it work for a minute and it freeze again submitted by /u/chintups2 [link] [comments]
  9. Can someone guide me through the installation of Xbox on a pc to play games online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone guide me through the installation of Xbox on a pc to play games online?: Need help to understand if Xbox can be played on a pc in order to play online. I am trying to install and received a message that it is not applicable for my Region. I live in Puerto Rico and will...
  10. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...