[ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox

Discus and support [ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If your experience any following issues: Unable to sign-in to Xbox Live, Your games are not launching, Kinect is not performing like it should be (... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cherry Dolphin, Oct 13, 2017.

1. [ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox

If your experience any following issues: Unable to sign-in to Xbox Live, Your games are not launching, Kinect is not performing like it should be ( Kinect won't register your voice ) , Etc. Performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle
    or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds period is over press the power button to power up you console again, And the green start
    up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.

Alternatively

Xbox 360 Gamers ( Users) can simply go to Settings > System Settings > Storage > Clear System Cache.

THIS OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE ON The XBOX ONE!!

:)

Cherry Dolphin, Oct 13, 2017
  2. How To PowerCycle \ Hard Restart Your Xbox

If your experience any following issues: Unable to sign-in to Xbox Live, Your games are not launching, Kinect is not performing like it should be ( Kinect won't register your voice ) , Etc. Performing a hard rest on your console, also known as a power cycle
    or full reboot, cold restart can help fix this any of this issues.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds while your console is on. This will power down Your console. When the 10 seconds period is over press the power button to power up you console
    again, And the green start up screen will display.

Your cache would be cleared, Some of your setting would be reverted, But your data are preserved, and all your issues should be resolved.

Alternatively

Xbox 360 Gamers ( Users) can simply go to Settings > System Settings > Storage > Clear System Cache.

THIS OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE ON The XBOX ONE!!

princeofkingz88, Oct 13, 2017
  3. xXJAMESXxf1
    xXJAMESXxf1 Guest
    ready to install games not loading

most of the time doing the powercycle fixes most of my problems To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting

perform a full reboot of your system, also known as

a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart or hard reset.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.

xXJAMESXxf1, Oct 13, 2017
  4. xXJAMESXxf1 Win User

ready to install games not loading

most of the time doing the powercycle fixes most of my problems To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting

perform a full reboot of your system, also known as

a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart or hard reset.

To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.
  5. LunaLight7 Win User

Controller Issues

Follow the official guide of the following site: Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller

If you need to go into the console settings, download the official Xbox app from the Store (free), log in with your account and associate your console, the app provides the function of being able to use the smartphone as a remote control. If the A key does
    not work, then use the app as a remote control to access the various possible solutions.
  6. MegaChopCEO Win User

Game doesnt Work

Have you tried a hard reset of your Xbox? That usually fixes most issues. I would do this before uninstalling and reinstalling personally:

To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform
    a full reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle or Full Reboot, cold restart orhard
    reset
    . To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one issues

To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full
    reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle or Full
    Reboot, cold restart or
    hard reset. To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.
  8. mrjonez1 Win User

Can't connect. Check your network name a s password and try again ERROR

I did a cold restart and it worked. I'm back online. I also unplugged my kinect, but I'm not sure if it matters or not.

Here's how to do a cold restart.

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

I also found and an article on IGN that stated "To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle, cold restart or hard reset."
Thema:

[ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox

1. [ Guide ] How To Hard Restart / PowerCycle Your Xbox - Similar Threads - Guide Hard Restart

2. When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar.: Doing win+g brings it up. The setting IS enabled in settings and the Shortcuts Menu in Game Bar. What I've tried: Changing the registry values Toggling the setting on and off Updating the...
  3. Black screen after loading Quick Resume, needing to press guide button to fix. Also,...

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after loading Quick Resume, needing to press guide button to fix. Also,...: After the recent January updates, the (atrocious) home screen isn't as fluid as before, even after all the Game Pass and Microsoft Store mandatory content. And also, when loading Quick Resume...
  4. I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you...: I’ve tried unplugging the power cable and restarting my Xbox and don’t know what I should do. Help would be appreciated. be0db0cf-c186-4a28-b31b-95f96f63a514
  5. Xbox one guide not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one guide not working: Whenever I try to set up something through Xbox One guide it always shows a blank screen during the looking for your TV picture and I bought a brand new Chromecast. Still nothing and it also...
  6. The Xbox guide needs to be rebuilt for cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox guide needs to be rebuilt for cloud gaming.: There is a piece of Xbox Cloud Gaming that would improve it and make it apart from other cloud gaming platforms. This idea has three parts: First, develop the Xbox guide menu on the home page of...
  7. Idiots guide please to get kids off my email for their xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Idiots guide please to get kids off my email for their xbox: I need an idiots guide to stop getting emails and spam as my two teenagers have my emails as their Xbox accounts. In the days of Xbox 360 you needed a Microsoft account to in xmas day set up kids...
  8. please guide me what is the best monitor xbox series S . its possible for 4k ? give me best...

in XBoX Accessibility
    please guide me what is the best monitor xbox series S . its possible for 4k ? give me best...: please guide me what is the best monitor xbox series S . its possible for 4k ? give me best advice before buying gaming monitor for my xbox series S. thanks 9d6db744-766e-4b5e-8492-110ad669f66f
  9. Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide: Hey all, Just this evening I've started experiencing a constant flicker when I open a game or dvd on my xbox one. (original launch model) This also happens on the splash screen after hard...
  10. The most useless guides ever very hard to make sure xbox live doesnt renew without removing cc ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The most useless guides ever very hard to make sure xbox live doesnt renew without removing cc ...: It shouldnt be so hard to pre cancel so that you are not charged again while paying with a card 008e5997-1207-4472-9d0c-40109c409c8d