GTA X/S edition different account to Normal Version of Online?

Discus and support GTA X/S edition different account to Normal Version of Online? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an Xbox series S and have the standard/normal/older version of GTA 5 with all my online progress being from this console. However, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sam brown5, Jan 9, 2023.

1. sam brown5
    sam brown5 Guest

Hi all,

I have an Xbox series S and have the standard/normal/older version of GTA 5 with all my online progress being from this console.

However, I had a PS4 a while back, and had GTA 5 on that console also.

When I downloaded the new, X/S version of GTA Online, it continued my progress in online from my PS4 saved data. I was happy with this, as I was further into the game on the PS4.

So that’s all well and good, but my friends have the older version of GTA online, therefore we cannot play together, even if we have the exact same console? So I have to go back onto the old version of GTA online to play with them, but that has a different saved data than GTA Online (X/S version). That has my Xbox series S saved data.

My main questions are:

1) Can I play with friends on GTA Online, who have GTA V, but not the enhanced X/S version of the game? So I will play on the enhanced and they play on the standard?

2) As the X/S enhanced version of GTA online used my PS4 data, can I use this account also on the older version of the game, so I am only levelling up one account if that makes sense?

Thank you.

:)

sam brown5, Jan 9, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi Sam I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here.

1. unfortunately no, cross play is not a thing between old gen and next gen :(. You would need to play on the older version

2.Have you checked if you have the same rockstar social club account on the old game?
  3. XDUKERMANX Win User

GTA V Enhanced, keeps installing last gen version

Hi WIlly,

I think I've figured it out.

There isn't separate Xbox Series X|S versions of Storey Mode and Online. The enhanced version is all in GTA Online.

This stumped me as I had no intention of playing GTA Online so chose to download it last but GTA V kept showing as normal version.

If you download GTA Online you can access the X|S story mode from there
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Series X, purchased the right game, but wrong game in the library.

That's normal. I also purchased the full game, and it says it is GTA Online (It's due to the fact that the story mode is classed as DLC on the Xbox Series X|S edition). If you start the game, you will have the option to play story or online.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Why can't I play gta online with gta5 game disc?

gta online for series x is different to the gta 5 online for xbox one that it originally came out on. there is an updated version on series console for online only, not sure if you need to purchase this version.
  6. Francia J. Win User

My shark card money isn’t appearing on my account GTA V

As I have checked, for the Xbox Series X|S version you should see "GTA Online: Megalodon Shark Cash Card (Xbox Series X|S)".
Thema:

1. GTA X/S edition different account to Normal Version of Online? - Similar Threads - GTA edition different

2. Can I play online on gta V premium edition in Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play online on gta V premium edition in Xbox one: Can I play online on gta V premium edition in Xbox one eb877d1a-f8d4-43ff-8730-5defbdbb6fe2
  3. is gta online not playable for xbox s; i saw a few editions that looked like it didn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is gta online not playable for xbox s; i saw a few editions that looked like it didn’t...: “not playable on this device” gta online was the main reason i had got an xbox but now its more so worrisome if i pay for it and it wouldn’t let me play. if theres something wrong or a different...
  4. I have the premium edition for gta 5 but when I play the game I don't have anything and I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have the premium edition for gta 5 but when I play the game I don't have anything and I...: I want to use the premium edition. 90f1d2be-1d20-4056-bd8b-4999a79b2c0d
  5. gta 5 great white shark edition sale.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gta 5 great white shark edition sale.: Bought this game on super saver sale a couple of days ago. Says I own game and have paid for it. But says check back in a bit. Sale ends today. What's happening with this, will I get the game?...
  6. Does the gta 5 premium edition & whale shark card bundle work if you already have gta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the gta 5 premium edition & whale shark card bundle work if you already have gta...: I already have gta 5 and gta5 online, Will it not register ,will it duplicate, will I lose my account? What do I do 2701ba51-2d01-4f15-a3a0-0883223046e3
  7. hello why can i not access gta online if i have the premium edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello why can i not access gta online if i have the premium edition: i have bought the gta 5 premium edition - whale shark card and i cannot play gta online anymore as it says i have to choose an xbox live plan 0abf0649-ff12-4e91-b649-1451330ed8fa
  8. GTA 5 на x-box 360 [Edit - Translation] - GTA 5 on the x-box 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 на x-box 360 [Edit - Translation] - GTA 5 on the x-box 360: Здравствуйте! Купил игру GTA 5 на x-box live, на приставку x-box 360. Она установилась, но не загружается. Меняются картинки с изображением разных персонажей и пишет загрузка. Еще во время...
  9. Se me congela el gta [Edit - translation] - My gta freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Se me congela el gta [Edit - translation] - My gta freezes: Buenas. Hace 2 dias compre una xbox one x nueva y el gta v premium nuevo, el problema es que yo no tengo internet, puse el disco y se instalaron los 54gb del juego correctamente, ayer cuando probe...
  10. Nao consigo instalar o GTA V na Microsoft Store [Edit - Translation] - I can't install GTA...

in XBoX on Windows
    Nao consigo instalar o GTA V na Microsoft Store [Edit - Translation] - I can't install GTA...: Eu comprei o Xbox Game Pass Ultimate e estou tentando instalar o GTA V, mas quando vou instalar aparece o seguinte erro: Parece que você não tem um dispositivo aplicável vinculado sua conta da...