GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well

Discus and support GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Pretty much I recently deleted GTA and wanted to reinstall it but it will not install at all, it’s on a disk not digital and sometimes the installation... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by #dalex, Jul 19, 2022.

1. #dalex
    #dalex Guest

Pretty much I recently deleted GTA and wanted to reinstall it but it will not install at all, it’s on a disk not digital and sometimes the installation won’t even start but it starts as I take the disk out of the console?

My disc has no scratches, theirs nothing wrong with it.

I’ve tried legit everything including installing offline and it hasn’t done a thing.

:)

#dalex, Jul 19, 2022
  2. BG2Y Win User

I’m legit having the same problem as you it keeps getting to 1.35GB and just won’t install anymore :/ have you managed to fix yours (my disc is brand new just bought it again today)
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, #dalex. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

First, please clear your console persistent storage and queue:

- Xbox button > My games and apps > See all > Manage queue > Queue > Cancel all > Clear the queue.

- Xbox button > System > Settings > Devices and connections > Blue-ray > Persistent storage > Clear persistent storage (press three times).

Then, please enable remote features:

- Eject your game disc.

- Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote feature > Enable remote features.

Perform a power reset on the console:

- Turn off your console and your router/modem.

- Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

- After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​- Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

Finally, download the game remotely:

​​- Download the Xbox mobile app and connect it to your console.

- Search your game on it and select download to console.

- After the download and installation is done, insert your game disc to the console and see if you can play the game.

Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes.
  4. #dalex Win User

Yes I have fixed it, I simply didn’t put the disk in my Xbox at all but rather installed it through the Xbox app itself, if you need any more details lmk.
  5. Kanga23 Win User

My gta won’t download

On console and it’s a disc every time I try to install gta it stops and won’t install anymore it only happens with gta.
  6. Tut0r Win User

GTA V freezes after install

Hey have you Sjok have you tried deleting the GTA V install off your console and reinstalling it? Make absolute sure you're ONLY installing the disc marked 'install' and not the actual play disk this can also cause problems.
Thema:

1. GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well - Similar Threads - GTA Disc won’t

2. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e
  3. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  4. My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that...: My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that includes all of my game purchases and current money? 6d9cc76f-8708-4bcc-b72a-ed847c16deea
  5. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  6. What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc: Will be my saved data from that gta from gamepass be on disc version of gta? ba5b78de-9169-45a6-ab70-12815e6d2a33
  7. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure out why though. I ended up just buying the...
  8. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: I bought the disc for the Premium version of GTA but whenever i insert it into my xbox nothing pops up in games or apps, i go to the store when i have it inserted inside and it says i need to buy...
  9. Why won’t my gta 5 disc download on my Xbox one s I had it on here before

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my gta 5 disc download on my Xbox one s I had it on here before: I had this game disc installed for awhile but know all of a sudden it won’t install and the disc is very clean can you help me? 19527df8-f6a5-4a68-982a-b74eaf30ad65
  10. I got the Xbox ultimate game pass and I have the gta disc but it won’t let me online why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got the Xbox ultimate game pass and I have the gta disc but it won’t let me online why?: I just don’t understand and want to know if I bought the wrong one 92e4ae00-99c1-4ed6-b670-1463fb816224