GTA 5 won't load a saved game

Discus and support GTA 5 won't load a saved game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a two saved games form before, both completed. I just started a new game and now when I want to load back into my previous two games the load... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by McCarthykid, Jan 21, 2014.

1. McCarthykid
    McCarthykid Guest

So I have a two saved games form before, both completed. I just started a new game and now when I want to load back into my previous two games the load screen just freezes and won't load. I've deleted all updates and even re-installed the game again but
    the same problem keeps happening. It loads the new game I started without a problem but once I try to load one of the other two all its does is freezes.

Anyone have the same problem or can someone help me fix this? Thanks.

:)

McCarthykid, Jan 21, 2014
  2. rauster424
    rauster424 Guest
    Saved game won't load

It won't load my last saved game and is only starting as a new player, is there a way I can retrieve it so I don't lose the progress I've made so far?

rauster424, Jan 21, 2014
  3. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Saved game won't load

Hey rauster424! Is it giving you an error message or code when trying to load your last save? Post back and let me know!

Mister Cizl, Jan 21, 2014
  4. GTA 5 won't load a saved game

It sounds as though those saved files are corrupted, but you would be well-advised to find out whether there is any obvious notification when people try to load a corrupt game.

Do you remember the console crashing/anything when saving, or do you have similar issues with other games? Do you typically save properly or do you not worry about it so much?

ChainSmokingBob, Jan 21, 2014
  5. I have the same issue, even when loading my last autosave. Loading screen comes up with Lindsay Lohan in the bikini GTA 5 won't load a saved game ;), loading icon starts to rotate, but then stops. Console locks up. Have to power down and restart.

Generl Disarray, Jan 21, 2014
  6. McCarthykid
    McCarthykid Guest
    No the console has never crashed before while loading/saving or playing GTA. Haven't noticed it with any other games either. I always save correctly. Can't figure it out at all.

McCarthykid, Jan 22, 2014
  7. Try disconnecting your console from the internet. I read on another forum that the load game process tries to phone home to Rockstar, and their servers are having problems. Doing so worked for me. Off net, I can load save games without an issue.

Generl Disarray, Nov 1, 2018
  8. MGc Major Shots Win User

Won't let me play dlc for GTA IV

When you load up GTA IV does it load up into your latest save for GTA IV?

(Or the original version of GTA IV)

If it does try pressing start in game, then go to game and then Marketplace.

The Loat And Damned should be listed in there with a tick? If it is its installed correctly (or should be)

To start a single player story game up on the DLC simply go to game, new, and select The Lost And Damned. It should be an option in there. Enjoy playing on the lost and damned Story. (Just double check you have your origianl GTA IV save in a save slot just
    in case auto save overwrites with the lost and damned)

To change between DLC's on GTA if you ever want to and get back to your origianl GTA IV save. simply press start, go to game, load and load the save file for the version of GTA you want to play.

Hope this helps ;)
  9. I9Linden91 Win User

Can't start missions nor change player

Yeah and a mission after that.

This seems to be an issue for both 360 and PS3 actually. Can read more about it here:

gtaforums.com/.../608371-gta-5-online-update-bugged-my-gta-5-singleplayer

It works when I load another save but it's right at the beginning so it's not really an option for me. I guess we just need to wait and see if they will have an update for this in the near future.
  10. atrixier Win User

Save game won't load after Update #5

Well, that worked fine, to start a new game and then load it the old save. But I hope they fix this really really soon. Thanks AlwaysThereOG for the tip!!
  11. Patches24601 Win User

Yeah this started happening with my game today too. The Roulette ball stops rolling and I can't get back to the Xbox menu. It never did this to me until I downloaded that new update.
  12. BoOyaaMan Win User

same thing here iv tried uninstalling everything reinstalling and it wont start up unless i remove update 5. removing the update also disables all the dlcs. big pile of bullshit
Thema:

1. GTA 5 won't load a saved game - Similar Threads - GTA won't load

2. Why won't my gta load?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my gta load?: Having an issue loading GTA 5 on game pass ultimate 7ecd47a5-55ac-4b8b-a7be-4a92754e4fe4
  3. My gta won't let me load in,when I first bought I tried to load in but was kicked out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gta won't let me load in,when I first bought I tried to load in but was kicked out...: My gta won't let me load in,when I first bought it I tired to load in but wad immediately kicked out. 7c1fe07e-fa7a-4a08-899d-04112f5792e5
  4. GTA San Andreas: Definitive Addition won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA San Andreas: Definitive Addition won't load: I have the game pass version of GTA Sam andreas and it will not load any save files. I've done reboots, Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and updated the console. Nothing works. I click...
  5. Gta won't load anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta won't load anything: When i put gta in to my xbox nothing happens at all i have tryed literally anything and it still won't work I restarted my Xbox and cleaned the disc and every other disc work But when i put gta...
  6. GTA V won't load on XBox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V won't load on XBox one s: GTA V won't load on XBox one s say's game isn't compatible 0x87e10012 8b38fcd5-104e-44af-a117-cd4d2027096d
  7. My GTA V won't load up for me to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA V won't load up for me to install: I bought GTA V a while back and it was working fine on my Xbox One, and recently I bought an Xbox One S, I transferred my Xbox One account over to the new one. I decided to install all my games...
  8. Xbox one won't load gta just quits 3 seconds after to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't load gta just quits 3 seconds after to dashboard: Xbox one gta v won't load, it's my only disk game and the only game that does this, it loads the picture at the start and hen goes to dash board, I've tried full power cycle, uninstall reinstall,...
  9. GTA V won't allow me to load story mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V won't allow me to load story mode: GTA V won't allow me to plat story mode, go online or random job. It just stays on the screen saying loading. I have uninstalled, had the disk cleaned and reinstalled it didn't make ant...
  10. Xbox gta 3 + vice city won't load on my Xbox360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gta 3 + vice city won't load on my Xbox360: As the title says I have a Xbox 360 with a 120gig hdd and the games won't load up The only Error msg I get is ( game won't load please redownload ) check Xbox/support bla bla I have cleared cache...