GTA 5 doesn't register buttons pressed on my controller

Discus and support GTA 5 doesn't register buttons pressed on my controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [xbox one] I was on gta online selling a crate shipment but the plane spawn glitched to somewhere that I'd have no chance of getting it out without it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ib4dassmother, Feb 15, 2017.

1. GTA 5 doesn't register buttons pressed on my controller

[xbox one] I was on gta online selling a crate shipment but the plane spawn glitched to somewhere that I'd have no chance of getting it out without it exploding so i turned my xbox off at the switch and turned it back on. When i turned it back onevery button
    worked on the xbox dashboard, also tested it on battlefield 1 and they all worked, but when i load up gta only the home button works.

Currently reinstalling the game from the disk- hopefully it works again.

:)

Ib4dassmother, Feb 15, 2017
  2. Xbox one console!

Exactly some button pressed on the controller don’t register with the console. But not all the times. As I sead before it sametimes work properly.

nzomwitachristophe, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Metalsaber
    Metalsaber Guest
    Titanfall controller xbox button not working correctly

I bought a Titanfall controller on 3/8 and now the xbox button needs to be pressed down really hard in order to register an input. This makes the double tap to switch between main and tab windows Impossible. Plus when comparing the sound of pressing the
    button to my day one edition controller it makes a clicking sound which doesn't seem right. Anyone else having this issue? Will Microsoft cover a repair under warranty or not? If they fix it would I get my Titanfall controller back?

Metalsaber, Feb 15, 2017
  4. SamVanOV Win User

Unresponsive Buttons - Elite Controller Series 2

I got my replacement from Amazon and it's doing exactly the same thing. Inconsistent A button press. I used the xbox accessories app to test (the flask icon) to make sure it was not the game (monster hunter world) and every once in a while the A button will
    not register when pressed (I have problems with A only). Sometimes it doesn't register for 5-7 presses in a row.

It's sad. I mean I like every other aspects of this controller but if it fails with face button press, I don't have a lot of confidence with the quality, or especially the durability in the long run. How can a controller fail with the face buttons? Face
    buttons are usually the first buttons you press in any game, especially A...
  5. A Blue Illusion Win User

Problems I'm having

[quote user="rma316"]

My only problem with the controller theory is that if it just wasn't registering that he pushed the button he wouldn't get the message in the game about not being able to switch shouts. That message would seem to indicate that the button press was registered,
    it just didn't feel like letting him actually shout. Weird problem indeed, never heard of it happening before.

[/quote]

^^^ Agreed... I don't believe the controller theory either. I have the same problem. It's a bit more intermittent so I can't say that it happens every 5-6 shouts. Maybe it does IDK, but it happens often enough to be frustrating. I've been playing Skyrim, GOW3
    and ME3 randomly for awhile. I'll play one for a while, then switch and play another. In both Gears and ME, you use the RB constantly and it NEVER misses in those games for me. Even when I "miss the active reload" in Gears, it has been because of my timing,
    not because the controller button didn't register the button press. If it was because the button press didn't register, then the reload would just take longer instead of jamming.
  6. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox one console!

To clarify, are you saying your controller disconnects or that some button presses on your controller don't register with the console? Thanks.
  7. Zero Divided Win User

Xbox one controller home button

Are you pushing the button in all the way? I have found the the home button doesn't always register a button push if you don't give it a firm press.
  8. DrWaffle Win User

Xbox One controllers and the "A" button

I came here bc I’ve been having problems with my Elite 2 controller and its A button. Had a similar problems with two previous controllers. Strange bc the controller that came with my Xbone was great and lasted me like 5 years. I only had to replace it last
    year finally after it had taken too many beatings.

the first controller i got, a wired, third party one, was fine for about a month. Then it started to show signs of drift and the A button press not registering. I put up with it briefly and then bought an open box off ebay. That also worked briefly until
    drift and weak buttons.

finally bought a brand new white xbox one controller. All was well for a little while, but i definitely noticed the weak A button. Was gifted an Elite 2 and i was hoping that would solve this problem. I love the controller, but the fact that it too has a
    weak A button is a bit frustrating. Doubtful, but could this be patched in a firmware update? Occasionally frustrating when it doesn’t register the A button press.
Thema:

GTA 5 doesn't register buttons pressed on my controller

1. GTA 5 doesn't register buttons pressed on my controller - Similar Threads - GTA doesn't register

2. My GTA 5 disc is in my Xbox but GTA doesn't run?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA 5 disc is in my Xbox but GTA doesn't run?: Today I put in my GTA disc to my Xbox One S but it doesn't work and start at all and says to check my disc for scratches or if it's dirty which it's not c82d09b1-9dae-42d9-95e2-d6c702eb3aa7
  3. GTA V doesn't want to load on my account, kicks me out at start of loading screen, please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V doesn't want to load on my account, kicks me out at start of loading screen, please help: GTA V kicks me out when I load in, only on my profile, its been a few days and still doing the same thing, please help b929d568-75c3-4286-8b57-a4a80621117c
  4. GTA 5 Locked Out of Both Characters. Changed my Gamertag, and it still doesn't work.

in XBoX Accessibility
    GTA 5 Locked Out of Both Characters. Changed my Gamertag, and it still doesn't work.: Hi; I have been locked out of both characters on GTA 5, by a modder. I have changed my gamertag, and it still doesn't work. Is there any way to unlock this account, or do I need to open up a...
  5. GTA 5 doesn't work..z

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 doesn't work..z: i have a game called GTA 5 whenever i click on it it says error and i need to clean the CD and i did that but still doesn't work? if anyone has been through the same kind of situation please...
  6. GTA it doesn't let me play online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA it doesn't let me play online: Does anyone know how to fix the purchase and content storage on GTA it doesn't let me play online because of this issue plz help anyone cd1c4294-0824-4fab-b999-69b81675dbcd
  7. Why my account doesn't have permission to play gta online when I'm a adult and was playing it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my account doesn't have permission to play gta online when I'm a adult and was playing it ...: please I really need help with that and I don't know what to do 84536c28-0d58-4ec4-8c60-78e41f195929
  8. GTA V doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V doesn't work: When I put my GTA V disc in my Xbox One it doesn't register that there is a disc. I have plenty of storage, I've tried cleaning my disc, and restarting my Xbox. Every other game works fine. It's...
  9. Prepaid Xbox Live 1 month doesn't Work with GTA online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prepaid Xbox Live 1 month doesn't Work with GTA online: hi. I found an old prepaid code and wanted to use it before buying a new one. Now when I try to play gta online Every time it connects me to storymode, instead of online and tells me my profile...
  10. GTA Whale Shark card XB1 Doesn't´t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA Whale Shark card XB1 Doesn't´t work: We bought an GTA Whale shark card which was purchased on 15th of June in order to get 50% bonus to the game. The code was done right but still the money didn't´t arrive to the account... Microsoft...