GTA 5 disk game failed install

Discus and support GTA 5 disk game failed install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I went to reinstall my copy of GTA 5 when it suddenly stopped at 89% it claimed there was nothing left to install but i couldn’t play the game. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ToastKrunch, Jul 5, 2022.

1. ToastKrunch
    ToastKrunch Guest

I went to reinstall my copy of GTA 5 when it suddenly stopped at 89% it claimed there was nothing left to install but i couldn’t play the game. I tried restarting my console, deleting my player data, and downloading it offline but nothing worked.

:)

ToastKrunch, Jul 5, 2022
  2. ToastKrunch Win User

I tried power recycling it, and it is the Xbox One version of the game
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's nice to hear, a very strange fix

But I'm glad that you're able to play the game now!
    Thanks for the feedback buddy

Take care and happy gaming!
  4. ngocphi Win User

Did you connect online ? A lot of games have components that have to be downloaded from.online

This is because games don't fit on a single .bluray they haven't in years
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today ToastKrunch

Please answer the following questions:

Is this the GTA V Xbox One version? Or which one are you trying to install?

Which Xbox console do you have?

About "restarting your console", do you mean power cycling it?

If not, please try that:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Aftert that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  6. ToastKrunch Win User

I found a fix for the issue, i just initiated the install from the xbox mobile app and that seems to have worked, thank you for all your help
Thema:

1. GTA 5 disk game failed install - Similar Threads - GTA disk game

2. 2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...: I bought GTA V as my first game for my Xbox One S a few years ago. The disk was broken while moving houses multiple times, and I've gotten a new one recently. The disk won't install the game, as...
  3. Every time I try to download gta on disk the installation stops and it’s says 59.49gb out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I try to download gta on disk the installation stops and it’s says 59.49gb out...: Every time I try to download gta on disk the installation stops and it’s says 59.49gb out of 59.49gb downloaded when the game is 84.17gb and I can’t download anymore...
  4. GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well: Pretty much I recently deleted GTA and wanted to reinstall it but it will not install at all, it’s on a disk not digital and sometimes the installation won’t even start but it starts as I take the...
  5. Scratched XBox One GTA 5 disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scratched XBox One GTA 5 disk: I have a GTA5 disc in my Xbox One but it won't play anymore. Disk has a scratch on it running al around the disk about 1cm from the outer edge. It has been in my Xbox since I got the game. It is...
  6. I accidentally deleted GTA V disk 1 from my Xbox 360 console. I no longer have disk 1. I only ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted GTA V disk 1 from my Xbox 360 console. I no longer have disk 1. I only ...: I accidentally deleted GTA V disk 1 from my Xbox 360 console . I no longer have disk 1 , I only have disk 2 what can I do? 876b077e-4141-4f6f-b16c-6acb41f88e6e
  7. Weird blots on corner of GTA V disk (Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird blots on corner of GTA V disk (Xbox One): [img] Hey Everyone! I got a GTA V disk from a friend and it has two small blots on the edges. It works fine on his console but won't install past 90% on my console. Why is this? Do these blots...
  8. My GTA V disk broke

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA V disk broke: Hi, I have GTA V for my Xbox 360 but the playable disk broke today. There is another way to play without the disk? 3c620f1d-bdba-46d1-aaa1-37cccbb91b8a
  9. can't download GTA 5 installation disk game was restarted due to a problem in with the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't download GTA 5 installation disk game was restarted due to a problem in with the ...: hello everybody about a month ago my dumb cat was parcoreing or however you spell it around the house and decided to do splash dive off my xboxwhile I was playing GTA 5 the game was ruined so I...
  10. i wanted to play gta 5 after i installed the game i need to do the disk 2 in de xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i wanted to play gta 5 after i installed the game i need to do the disk 2 in de xbox: then my xbox is frozen en i cant do anything do you can help me thx b6c5d0a0-6ee7-4166-8a07-8b9cbcdc5fa5