Grounded/Xbox Games won't start.

Discus and support Grounded/Xbox Games won't start. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Well this is the 2nd time I got this kinda same problem, the thing is if I try to start a game from the xbox app it always get stuck on the signing in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShinraiVI, Sep 13, 2022.

1. ShinraiVI
    ShinraiVI Guest

Well this is the 2nd time I got this kinda same problem, the thing is if I try to start a game from the xbox app it always get stuck on the signing in screen, making it impossible to play.

Grounded/Xbox Games won't start. [​IMG]
    I have already tried all this steps but sadly I still cant play.

"Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

May I know if you already double checked and tried this:

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and give it a new try.

------

If maybe that doesn't work, please try each one:

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply
    Greetings."

Sadly I can't find a way to make my account work and this is getting ridiculous cause in the last game this happened I had to play in on the Xbox just to be able to do it, but this shouldn't be the solution cause in games like this one and lest be honest all the games, pc is the best option.

:)

ShinraiVI, Sep 13, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello ShinraiVI,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue with your game that would not start. We would like to suggest the following as basic troubleshooting step;.

For Games Service Update:

Solution 1: Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

3. Look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it on the right side.

4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to the default setting.

Solution 2: Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

3. Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC and try again.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello ShinraiVI,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. ShadowDemon2013 Win User

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes won't start

Hey there !

When you reinstalled the game, did you reinstall from your ready to install list? If you haven't already tried, please try

removing your profile from your Xbox One
    , power cycle (hold down the power button for 8-10 seconds), and then add your profile back. Once you add your profile back, try reinstalling the content to see if there's any change :).
    I have just done what you have suggested and the game has disappeared from my ready to install list and the store is acting like I never purchased the game even though I know I did
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there ShadowDemon2013!

When you reinstalled the game, did you reinstall from your ready to install list? If you haven't already tried, please try

removing your profile from your Xbox One
    , power cycle (hold down the power button for 8-10 seconds), and then add your profile back. Once you add your profile back, try reinstalling the content to see if there's any change :).
  6. ShadowDemon2013 Win User

Thanks for giving that a try .

Let's get you in contact with
    Phone/Chat support
    to take a look into your purchase. They should be able to help get to the bottom of this. Apologies for any frustrations or confusion with this! Please let us know how it goes :)
    they said they could not find any evidence that I purchased the game and that they didn't revoke any gaming licences, I guess I'll have to repurchase the game
Thema:

1. Grounded/Xbox Games won't start. - Similar Threads - Grounded Games won't

2. Grounded crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded crashing: My game is crashing ALL times i try to Join a world, singleplayer or multiplayer, the game start loading and Just crash. ae906208-5e12-4ae0-84b3-8ed0c6972b4c
  3. Grounded Local Multiplayer between PC and Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded Local Multiplayer between PC and Xbox: Hello! I was wondering if it's possible for me to play local co-op with my sister, where I play on my pc and she plays on xbox with a different account. Does it require gold to do so? I've read...
  4. Connection error in grounded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connection error in grounded?: Hey guys, I have an question about the game „Grounded“ I’m having issues to join or create a game. It says no connection or if I want to join a friends game it says „there is no game that...
  5. Help? I'm trying to install grounded on Xbox game pass pc and I get error code 0x80073cfb

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help? I'm trying to install grounded on Xbox game pass pc and I get error code 0x80073cfb: The game downloads normally until it gets to 100% then it will say "Something Unexpected happened" [img] Trying to press play on the Microsoft store does nothing. When I cancel the download...
  6. Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded not opening after saying "Launching Game" Gamepass PC: Had Gamepass for a while now and have played multiple other games decided to download Grounded to play with friends but whenever I try to open it, it says "launching game" for around 5-10 seconds...
  7. I am unable to login to Xbox live on the game Grounded through Steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to login to Xbox live on the game Grounded through Steam.: Ever since the big update that came out for Grounded on Steam on April 25th, I am unable to login to my Xbox live account through Grounded's main menu. It gives me the option to login to my xbox...
  8. Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Game doesn't load Ground War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Game doesn't load Ground War: Is anyone else experiencing this? When you try to run Ground War, it loads for a long time and then gives the message "transmission error". I've tried every potential solution I could find. I...
  9. (BLACKOUT) Why is "GROUND WAR" NOT IN MY GAME MODE PLAYLIST?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (BLACKOUT) Why is "GROUND WAR" NOT IN MY GAME MODE PLAYLIST?: I live in North America. It says that "Ground War" is live, or is that in next playlist? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! 9e9c1a34-1fce-44e9-a49b-9e547edbed3a
  10. Game Not Updating (Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Not Updating (Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes): What's up? Well here's the story, a while back I decided to free up some space on my Xbox 360, but by accident I uninstalled Ground Zeroes, and so now I decided to reinstall it. Shortly after...