Greyed out screen after text edit on PC cloud gaming.

Discus and support Greyed out screen after text edit on PC cloud gaming. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First off to make it clear, this is an issue while playing via the Cloud Gaming Service on PC with the Xbox App. It does not occur when using the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by generalrust78, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Greyed out screen after text edit on PC cloud gaming.

First off to make it clear, this is an issue while playing via the Cloud Gaming Service on PC with the Xbox App. It does not occur when using the console, either Cloud or local.

I have recently been playing Valheim on Xbox Cloud Gaming on PC, and have repeatedly gotten stuck with this issue; on numerous occasions, whenever I try to enter text into a text box, a separate screen pops up so i can enter text with my keyboard, however when doing this with Valheim, after pressing the enter button, the text screen will go away and the screen would return to the game, however a grey greyed out overlay would appear, like what happens in the background when pressing the guide button, and I am no longer able to interact with the game itself, and there seems no way to get the grey screen to go away. Leaving me stuck with no option than to quit the game. The guide button still works, and the game itself is still running but I am unable to continue to play.

It doesn't happen every time but more times than not, thankfully I don't need to enter text very often

I play a lot of games using the Xbox Cloud Gaming App on PC, and no other game has ever done this.

:)

generalrust78, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Generalrust78, are you playing on Pc, what would be your operating system, Win 10 or 11?

Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10/11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Galactic Geek Win User

New Xbox One User Interface

X1 not very theme friendly? Please... On the 360, the entire bottom-half of the screen was cut off by a white-grey cloud.
  4. Andreas_212 Win User

The Witcher 2

I have the retail version and there were no problems playing it from day one. Also I never had any game breaking bugs . I play on a 24 inch LCD screen and have no trouble reading the text.

The xbox version said Enhanced edition. I know the first witcher game is now upgraded to the enhanced edition so i wonder if the PC version of witcher 2 will become an enhanced edition as well.
  5. iAshHD Win User

CQC Achievements?

The text wasn't grey enough, thanks for ruining the entire game for me!

Although, not really.
  6. B1ueLightning07 Win User

So Dungeon Siege 3 is out tomorrow.....

[quote user="MasonR"]For the love of God why can't I figure out how to quote?! Anyway my previous post was directed to Uyuyuy72.[/quote]

Hit reply, click on the 'Use rich text formatting', then highlight the text in the grey boxes which you want to quote, then click the quote link (that's located directly under the last peice of text) and your quoted text should then appear in the typing
    screen. Just practice until you get it correct as you can't be any worse than certain other users that spam threads.
Thema:

1. Greyed out screen after text edit on PC cloud gaming. - Similar Threads - Greyed screen text

2. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  3. Screen goes grey and freezes after sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen goes grey and freezes after sign in: I had to reset my Microsoft password last week and since then my son hasn’t been able to sign into his account. Every time he puts his Xbox on he has to enter password but the screen then goes...
  4. Xbox series X grey screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X grey screen: Hi i see all in grey on my Xbox series X everything is grey I can play but all the games are grey all are grey but all work I just doesn’t have color on my Xbox X so can someone help me...
  5. Grey screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey screen: When I turn on my Xbox, a grey screen that says Restart console or check for updates pops up. I clicked restart and it brought me back to the same screen I clicked check for updates and it said no...
  6. Series X grey screen/ no output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X grey screen/ no output: My Series X has had repeated warranty returns for video output failure, when I switch it on it just shows a grey screen with a pink line down the centre, I only got it back from repair last week...
  7. Grey screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grey screen: When I go on xcloud to load fortnite a grrey screen shows up 2c81e0db-df42-4be2-a8ff-19d1cc916b16
  8. Grey scale screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey scale screen: Hi I have an Xbox series x - I have hardly played it I brought hogwarts legacy and started the installation process and left my console and tv on whilst I went to work. I came back both were...
  9. Xbox showing nothing but a grey screen..... even on troubleshooting startup! Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing nothing but a grey screen..... even on troubleshooting startup! Why?: I turned on my Xbox Series S recently to find a grey screen upon startup. I took the steps to initiate a troubleshoot menu on startup but even that gives me a grey screen. I have no idea what's...
  10. How do you fix a grey screen when ur loading into a game on Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you fix a grey screen when ur loading into a game on Xbox cloud gaming?: Whenever I go on a game, it goes into a grey screen and nothing loads, not even the ship. 9b47e3b1-9dc7-4e1f-9be1-7e62318df4f1