Greyed out chat mixers

Discus and support Greyed out chat mixers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the audio & music my headset is brand new worked yesterday but now my headset chat mixer is greyed out and I can not hear my game but hear party and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan Forbes, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Dan Forbes
    Dan Forbes Guest

Greyed out chat mixers

the audio & music my headset is brand new worked yesterday but now my headset chat mixer is greyed out and I can not hear my game but hear party and game chat my headset is wireless so no it’s not my controller and yes controller is updated I feel like it has to be a glitch but idk .

:)

Dan Forbes, Apr 24, 2023
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

One S Controller audio

Is the chat mixer option missing or greyed out?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Greyed out chat mixers

Hi Dan!

What steps have you already tried?

Let's try to remove your profile and power cycle your console before adding your account back.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

If that doesn't work, best option is to perform a factory reset. There's an option to keep your games and apps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  4. Francia J. Win User

Chat mixer greyed out

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Do you have a different controller that you can try to use, Ruger? This is to check if the issue is with the controller.

If there is none, please unplug the headset, perform a powercycle on your console, and plug in the headset slowly and carefully.

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"
  5. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
  6. DimPeachTree Win User

Headset chat mixer greyed out

Had the same issue recently, however i found that slowly plugging in the aux works sometimes. However Ive been having this issue for almost a week now and its working less often. Definitely a temporary fix but a fix nonetheless
Thema:

Greyed out chat mixers

1. Greyed out chat mixers - Similar Threads - Greyed chat mixers

2. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  3. My chat mixer is greyed out and I have already updated my controller and I tried to update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My chat mixer is greyed out and I have already updated my controller and I tried to update...: I was just playing Call of Duty MW3 and my headset started to bug out so I unplugged it then plugged it back in and then the chat mixer just was greyed out and I wasn’t before...
  4. My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.: I don't know how to fix headset chat mixer when it's greyed out. I tried the update and used two different controllers but it still won't work. Any solutions? 3c15859a-7f68-4b92-ba4f-514bc1c1dafd
  5. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  6. GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER

in XBoX on Windows
    GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER: I dont want to sound like i haven't researched this, but it just wont budge. I've restarted my console and played with my settings as well as plugged my mic in slowly, yet neither seems to work. I...
  7. Headset Chat Mixer is Greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Chat Mixer is Greyed out: Discord audio will play through only the right hear of the headphones but all other audio (Spotify, Game Audio and Menu Audio) all play through the tv and headset chat mixer is greyed out...
  8. My headset chat mixer is greyed out all the way to the right what to do ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out all the way to the right what to do ?: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and I’ve tried updating my controller and many other methods but none have worked I don’t if it’s because I use earbuds and not an actual headset or not if...
  9. How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer: I have tried updating controller ,changing sound settings and cleaning headset pet that goes into controller, what should I do to fix it 9f76b94f-e87d-482b-8a6b-08bbf25df5f8
  10. Xbox party chat mixer greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat mixer greyed out: It literally greyed out when I was in a party and now I can't hear game audio. Can someone help if you know how to fix (I've tried all the troubleshooting things). submitted by...