Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.

Discus and support Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, all. So, I've had my device for a while now, (since fall of 2015,) so if it's dead or dying, I'm not exactly shocked. If it can be saved, though,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aegon20VIIIth, May 5, 2020.

1. Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.

Hi, all. So, I've had my device for a while now, (since fall of 2015,) so if it's dead or dying, I'm not exactly shocked. If it can be saved, though, I'm hopeful.

On Saturday, (2nd of May) I tried to start up my device, and was met with a grey screen on startup. Undeterred, I did everything I knew to do - powered down manually with the button on the front of the console, cycled the power for 2 minutes (clearing the
    cache,) and tried again - to meet with the exact same issue. Rather than struggle further, I called it a night, resolving to fix it Sunday, (May 3rd.) After 3+ hours of trying the next day, I made some progress beyond the 'loading' green screen - where it
    locked up, and went grey. Again.

I was able to get a response, (holding down the home button on the controller would offer to shut down the console, turn off the controller, or restart the device.) Whenever I selected either console option, I was met with a consistent grey screen.

On Monday, the 4th, I finally got the "settings" tab to load, after waiting for over 10 minutes for my profile to load - and for a couple hours, was able to play Pandora. Then, on trying to start Hulu... locked up, and started moving slowly again. And worse,
    after holding steady at the "options for Hulu" menu, (I was trying to force quit the app, in hopes of restarting the application,) it blacked out again.

So, to summarize: I am having issues with the device. It starts up normally, and then goes to a backlit black/grey screen. When the Home menu does load, it takes about 45 seconds to register that I have pressed any buttons on the controller. I have done
    everything I can, (cycled power, reset my network, etc) all to no avail. I managed to get 3 1/2 hours of performance out of the device, until it decided to return to being difficult. Is there any hope that I can salvage the console?

:)

Aegon20VIIIth, May 5, 2020
  2. Mr daffypyle Win User

Sometimes a hard reset is the fastest and easiest fix for the black screen of death. Xbox
    One
    users can hard reset in two easy steps: Hold the Power button for 10 seconds while the Xbox One is still on. Press
    the Power button again

How To Fix The Xbox One Black
  3. PlatinumSpectre Win User

what color did you set your achievement pop up's on your xbox one?

Light grey, I thought it went nice with all the black on the home screen.
  4. Lloydoh88 Win User

Error

It came on then went back to a black screen as soon as I tried to play a game it said corrupt
  5. pd730 Win User

Blu-ray Playback Problem

Yeah, this Blu-Ray app is glitchy and really needs to be updated more frequently. Trying to watch Riddick the other day, the loading animation came up, went away, then just a black screen. Waited a couple of minutes, quit the app, started it again, and
    this time it worked.
  6. XO WyAtT OX Win User

Xbox one suddenly starts freezing

I also have a problem like this but my screen is jst black I can't do a single thing it worked on Friday I went away for the weekend come back and now it's jst useless
Thema:

1. Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back. - Similar Threads - Grey Black Screen

2. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  3. Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.: Just bought my new headpgones logitech X2 pro and the sound quality is terible compared to my old 40 bucks Volcano headphones. I have a tried a lot of stuff from yuotube like updating drivers,...
  4. Grey / black screen after starting my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey / black screen after starting my xbox one: After a recent update, my xbox one has been going black / grey after the initial start up animation, I cannot do anything other than getting the "turn of console", "turn of controller" and...
  5. Grey/Black screen on start up. (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey/Black screen on start up. (Xbox One): All of a sudden this afternoon my xbox turns on, green xbox logo screen does its thing then its just grey/black. I see a little "Hi x" pop up like usual but the only thing i can do is hold the...
  6. my xbox one will not let me sign in or just keeps showing a grey or black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one will not let me sign in or just keeps showing a grey or black screen: I have had this issue since yesterday and i keep trying to sign in. normally my xbox just signs me in, however i get past the green xbox start up bit then it either shows me a blank screen that i...
  7. Sony KDL-40XBR6: XB1X 4K/BLU RAY DISC ISSUE, BLACK BARS/GREY BARS TOP AND BOTTOM OF PICTURE, ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony KDL-40XBR6: XB1X 4K/BLU RAY DISC ISSUE, BLACK BARS/GREY BARS TOP AND BOTTOM OF PICTURE, ...: Sony (Televisions) KDL-40XBR6: XB1X 4K/BLU RAY DISC ISSUE, BLACK BARS/GREY BARS TOP AND BOTTOM OF PICTURE, NOT FULL SCREEN I popped in guardians of the Galaxy 2- 4kdisc in to test it, it still had...
  8. Blacks look grey, and grey has black bars on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blacks look grey, and grey has black bars on Xbox One X: Struggling with this problem for at least a few months, but tough to remember when as I stopped playing for my xbox one x for awhile. Best example for my problem is in destiny two. In both darker...
  9. NOT LOADING, the game does start first black loading screen with grey loading wheel and bar is ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NOT LOADING, the game does start first black loading screen with grey loading wheel and bar is ...: As the title says, I've tried reinstalling the premium edition(thanks for making me waste 110 gigs of internet data by the way) and still not working, tried hard reset did nothing. Fix this or...
  10. Grey stripes on black spots in some games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey stripes on black spots in some games.: Hi. I've noticed that when blacks are on screen it appears grey vertical stipes seen on the black spots only. If we look closer it appears as very thin lines that combine and look like vertical...