Green screen on my Xbox series S

Discus and support Green screen on my Xbox series S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was just playing apex and I left the game all of a sudden the screen just was flickering now it’s just solid green please help I have nowhere near... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KingAce1, Jan 17, 2022.

1. KingAce1
    KingAce1 Guest

I was just playing apex and I left the game all of a sudden the screen just was flickering now it’s just solid green please help I have nowhere near the $200 it’s going to take if it needs repairs the warranty just literally ended 12/18?

:)

KingAce1, Jan 17, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One splash screen

Microsoft haven't said it is. I believe the green Xbox One startup screen will stay, and the Xbox Series X/S will get the new Xbox boot up screen.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If your console doesn't have an Eject button, you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Once you see the Startup Troubleshooter, select Factory Reset and then choose "Keep Games and Apps"

- Once the Reset is complete, you'll be prompted to sign into your console using your Microsoft account credentials, after which you'll choose your preferred settings and your console should display normally again.

NB: A factory reset keeping games and apps will not delete your game saves as they are backed up in the cloud and will resync once you've signed in.
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox Series S : Green Screen

Hi, NesuNetjer! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your console.

In addition to the troubleshooting steps you tried, here are some other possible solutions for this kind of problem:

• Try using a different HDMI cable.

• If possible, try using a different TV.

• Disable all of your TV's visual enhancement features such as HDR/Dolby Vision.

• Power cycle your console.

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.

- Unplug the power cord from your console for 3 minutes.

- Plug everything back together and turn your console on.

• Boot your console in low-resolution mode:

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.

- Press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Do not let go until the second beep occurs.

• If you can use remote play to navigate your console's menus, I'd suggest going to Settings > General > TV & Display options > Video modes > and disabling all HDR options.

• You could also try doing a soft factory reset by going to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Xbox > Keep games and apps.

Just keep in mind you will need an internet connection and your account details (email and password) to set the console back up.

*** Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

Please let me know if one of these works for you.

Best regards.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

Xbox series s green screen

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Since you have done the factory reset already, the next step that I can recommend here is to do the offline system update method. Please follow the steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  6. NesuNetjer Win User

Xbox Series S : Green Screen

Thanks!

Booting the console in low-resolution mode appears to have solved the problem. The console is now working normally.

Again, thanks for the help!
Thema:

1. Green screen on my Xbox series S - Similar Threads - Green screen series

2. Xbox Series X showing just a green screen when turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X showing just a green screen when turned on: I’ve had my Series X for nearly 2 years, never had any major problems with it. Turned it on this morning and was greeted with a solid Xbox Green screen. Turned it off, reset it, unplugged...
  3. Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.: I turned on my console today and the whole screen is flashing green. Tried physically resetting the console, changed the HDMI cord, and tried another port in the tv it self....
  4. New Xbox series x green screen and then switches off

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox series x green screen and then switches off: Brand new xbox series x keep getting a green screen and then switches off 6d9caf54-e096-447d-92c8-38bcdeb0ff28
  5. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  6. Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup: Every single one of my games crashes to the screen displayed here upon start up. I have tried restarting my console, swapping HDMI cords, everything. [img] 234be182-aace-4995-b5b9-733123d6b8a7
  7. Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x green flickering screen issue: Hi My Xbox one series x screen keeps flickering green and my controller disconnects and reconnects same with my headset. It normally then goes back to the green Home Screen or I have to...
  8. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b
  9. My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...

in XBoX on Windows
    My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...: Xbox series x keeps disconnecting everything and going to green screen have done everything I can to fix but still there I can't even play a game anymore 23d0b100-99e8-4489-8944-0b1d49892c68
  10. Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi: I loaded up fifa last night and that's when I first encounted the issue, today I've followed loads of different instructions on here telling me to reset console and other options but I'm still...