GPD Win 3 not launching NFS Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon

Discus and support GPD Win 3 not launching NFS Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just recently bought copies of Need For speed Most Wanted 2005 and his sequel Carbon. I tried to install them on my GPD WIN 3 but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marc lajoie, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Marc lajoie
    Marc lajoie Guest

Hi everyone,

I just recently bought copies of Need For speed Most Wanted 2005 and his sequel Carbon.

I tried to install them on my GPD WIN 3 but everytime I try to start them the game doesn't start up.

I looked into the event viewer and I seem to get the Event ID 1000.

here is the detail : https://imgur.com/a/LrsH01a

Can someone help me to figure what is happening because the game work fine on my main computer?

Thanks you in advance for your answer.

M.A.L

:)

Marc lajoie, Aug 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Your windows system and all your hardware drivers are up to date?
    Could you double check that via manufacturers website?

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

-----

If everything is up to date, try doing an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. Marc lajoie Win User

Yes I did try the compatibility mode with both games before I looked for the error its self in the evet viewer. I saw that it could be a corrupted file and did the sfc /scannow in the command prompt and even after those files fixed the game just wont start.
  4. Marc lajoie Win User

Hello

In the end everything was up to date, I did the in-place upgrade and update it again and it still dont work.

I tried to install some other old entry in the series Pro Street (the one just after Carbon) works and Underground 2 (the one before most wanted 2005) doesn't work.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today M.A.C

May I know if you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
    Right click on the shortcut > properties > compatibility > once there select Windows XP and enable run as administrator as well

Let me know how it goes
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

May I know if you tried everything from this article?

(Ignore method 4, don't do it)

https://windowsreport.com/event-1000-applicatio...

If the issue persists, sadly those old games are not compatible with your hardware :c

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. GPD Win 3 not launching NFS Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon - Similar Threads - GPD Win launching

2. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  3. Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC: Hi - I purchase a copy of MS Flight Simulator from CDKeys and redeemed it in Microsoft Store. I have tried to find how I install it with no success. I am completely new to XBox (App) on my PC and...
  4. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs): I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working...
  5. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller: Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0...
  6. I can not download Pentiment onto my new Win 11 box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not download Pentiment onto my new Win 11 box: I bought Pentiment on preorder and played it for a bit on my Win10box. I now have a new machine with Win 11 and It no longer appears in my Library. If I use the direct link It shows up but when I...
  7. Xbox App for Win 10 Not Starting

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App for Win 10 Not Starting: Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Xbox App on W10. It won't start. This all started a couple weeks ago, it just crashed one day and never wanted to start back up. What it's doing is, when I...
  8. Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...: I have googled and tried just about every fix I have seen. All notifications are on in every area, Xbox game bar, the notification control themselves. Focus assist isn't on. The Xbox game bar is...
  9. AFTER RESETTING MY WIN 10 I M UNABLE TO RUN GTA V ON MY PC!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AFTER RESETTING MY WIN 10 I M UNABLE TO RUN GTA V ON MY PC!: After resetting my pc (deleting all files and started from scratch) i m unable to run gta v on my pc...... i shows its running on steam and rockstar launcher but the game never shows up.... before...
  10. Voice Chat only works when Win+G overlay is up

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Voice Chat only works when Win+G overlay is up: So, ever since these 3 Xbox app and game bar updates this week, I can no longer talk in voice chat. I can hear everyone fine, game chat works fine, but xbox party chat on PC only lets me speak...