Got sound just no video and restart makes the green sceen turn into static

Discus and support Got sound just no video and restart makes the green sceen turn into static in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got on earlier today and everything was fine. I get home tonight and turn on xbox to watch tv. cartoon network app is showing a blank green screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Snoloh, May 10, 2019.

1. Snoloh
    Snoloh Guest

I got on earlier today and everything was fine. I get home tonight and turn on xbox to watch tv. cartoon network app is showing a blank green screen with sound. I switch over to foxnow app and the error code 403 shows up. I go to youtube and click on a
    video, same thing as CN app, and get green screen with sound. any video I try to play on any app will not show up. So, I restart the console, many times, and get a tv static screen instead of the usual green xbox logo upon start, after it loads up everything
    seems fine. till I try to play a video again, same thing. ive checked the xbox status. it says everything is good. why is this happening and what do I do to fix this. I would link a video to show what its doing, but I see no linking button.

:)

Snoloh, May 10, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

...I would link a video to show what its doing, but I see no linking button.
    In the tool bar above the text entry window, you should see a "chain link" icon (the third button from the right. From right to left the buttons are for inserting a table, inserting an image, and then inserting a link).

As for your issues: Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program?

There are currently known issues with bad video playback in some video apps like YouTube or Netflix (and maybe possibly others).

However, you also state that you get a TV static screen during the initial boot screen.

You might have to
    try to do a factory reset (keeping your games and apps)
    and see if that resolves the issue.
  3. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Hi there.

You've restarted the console so there are a few other steps we can take here.

1. Uninstall and re-install any apps that cause this issue.

2. Power-cycle the console. Do this by pressing the Xbox Button on the console for 10 seconds. Once it turns off, unplug the console and leave it for 2-3 minutes before booting it back up again.

3. If those fail, the best thing to do is to reset your console to factory settings. To do this, go to System>Settings>System>Console Info. You will see an option to reset your console, make sure to click it and then click "keep my games and apps". It will
    reset your console to how it came out of the box, enter the email linked to your GamerTag and it should work again.
  4. Snoloh Win User

ive done a factory reset it just dosent help it. tho it stop doing this a day later. but now its doing it again.
  5. Snoloh Win User

also its not just the one app its all video apps. plus if it was just the hdmi cable itself i would see nothing.
  6. GEMS PLEASE Win User

There might be a corrupted file with the app try bleeding it and re-downloading it and if that don't work look at the reviews on it and see what it says to see if people are experiencing the same thing as you and if not wait until they update the app if
    it's still reoccurs try holding the Xbox button down on the console until it shuts completely off or hold the middle button on the controller and restart console and see if that works.
Thema:

1. Got sound just no video and restart makes the green sceen turn into static - Similar Threads - Got sound video

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. My Xbox Wireless headsets won’t turn off and I’ve got no sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Wireless headsets won’t turn off and I’ve got no sound: My Xbox wireless headset light stays on but I’ve got no sound and won’t connect to anything c5fc9860-00d0-4167-b8fe-a38fb6fdbd5b
  4. After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update I can not turn off sound through HDMI on XBOX Series X. Got error 0x80bd0009: Last update from 25.10.2021 broke my settings All the time the sound is set to be played with gamepad, sound with HDMI - disabled. Now the param for HDMI audio is set to "stereo without...
  5. Just got the Arctis 7x and noticed a buzzing/humming sound when connected through wireless.

in XboX Insiders
    Just got the Arctis 7x and noticed a buzzing/humming sound when connected through wireless.: Literally just got the headset and there is this loud buzzing sound when just sitting on the Home Screen of the series x. Is there any fix for this or should I return it to the store? I also have...
  6. on Xbox Series X , recordings havent got sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    on Xbox Series X , recordings havent got sound: On My xbox series X , ı cant record videos with sound. 2abe0549-390e-40cb-9b11-9b420f62c480
  7. Clips got cropped and have no sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clips got cropped and have no sound: Hello fellow gamers, sometimes when gaming I came with a great play on my fav games and try to save it for my dear audience (myself) to watch it, my configuration is that I shall record the last...
  8. Hi, I dont mean to sound rude, but I have been with Xbox live for ten years and have got ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi, I dont mean to sound rude, but I have been with Xbox live for ten years and have got ...: Well its been ten years since I have been with xbox (in june) and I have not even got a thank you. Well damn I mean I have committed my time to xbox and have dealt with a lot of bs throughout the...
  9. ive got a wired controller and when i put my mic in people in my party can hear a buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive got a wired controller and when i put my mic in people in my party can hear a buzzing sound: ive got a wired controller and when i put my mic in people in my party can hear a buzzing sound and this is a new headset and new wired controller 7bfe32a8-ba20-4d8e-b9e1-917291c6c029
  10. no sound to my xbox. it says hdmi cable not conected got a new lead till says the same

in XBoX on Consoles
    no sound to my xbox. it says hdmi cable not conected got a new lead till says the same: no sound to my xbox one it says hdmi cable not connected got a new cable still no sound. 0790c870-c376-462e-96c5-ff9ca582e396