Got game pass on the wrong account, tried to change my microsoft store account in the xbox...

Discus and support Got game pass on the wrong account, tried to change my microsoft store account in the xbox... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Long story short, I use 2 diff emails. One for subscriptions and one for gaming. Now I screwed the pooch cause I can't access my game pass on the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Teleformer, May 28, 2023.

1. Teleformer
    Teleformer Guest

Got game pass on the wrong account, tried to change my microsoft store account in the xbox...

Long story short, I use 2 diff emails. One for subscriptions and one for gaming. Now I screwed the pooch cause I can't access my game pass on the xbox app cause now BOTH emails have the wrong email as the microsoft store account and I can't change it cause it wants me to use a NON personal email. I can't, I only have the 2 emails that are personal. I don't have a work/school email. Someone please help me.

:)

Teleformer, May 28, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Got game pass on the wrong account, tried to change my microsoft store account in the xbox app and now it's screwed.

Hi Teleformer

Sorry to hear about that, however, does the error to use a school/work email shows up in the Microsoft store app?

Once you click on the sign in button on the MS Store app > did you choose "Use a different account"? If so, don't you see "Let's get you signed in" and the emails that you've used are listed?

If so, try to repair your MS Store app > by going to your PC settings > Apps > Installed apps > click the 3 dots > Advance options > Repair and do this to the other apps I've listed > Restart your PC.

Once done, relaunch your MS Store app > click the sign in button and choose the previous email that you've used.
  3. Rostom L Win User

I have xbox gamepass, but i can't intsall No man's sky.

That's weird. Let's try the steps below.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you use for Xbox.
    Select your gamerpic, then select Settings.
    Under Account, select Change my Microsoft Store account.
    Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in to the Store with the Microsoft account where your subscription for Game Pass is currently active.
  4. thibautpenhard Win User

xbox games don't launch anymore

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply.

I logged in my microsoft account and it says I'm subscribed to xbox game pass ultimate until 5 may 2023.

I tried logging out and logging in back in both microsoft store and xbox game app and I got the same error as my message above
  5. Rostom L Win User

Computer says I don’t have Xbox game pass

Hi there!Let's confirm if your subscription is on the correct account. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/services to check if you have an active PC Game Pass subscription then visit https://account.xbox.com/Profile if it shows the correct gamertag you are using on the app or Microsoft Store.Make sure that the correct account with Game Pass subscription is the one signed in to your Microsoft Store. You may also follow the steps here.Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you use for Xbox.Select your gamerpic, then select Settings.Under Account, select Change my Microsoft Store account.Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in to the Store with the Microsoft account you subscribed to PC Game Pass.
  6. SafeTomcat97926 Win User

Game Pass PC

Thank you for all the replies, but I figured it out. What happened was when I registered the game pass promo code I did it under a different Microsoft account than the one my laptop was registered to. So under account options on the game pass app it showed
    one email logged into the xbox app and a different email (the wrong email) logged into the Microsoft store. So I had to switch my Microsoft store account to match my xbox game pass app email. I've never been on any app or program that it was possible to login
    to 2 different accounts so it wasnt something I would have known to look for. Thanks again!
Thema:

1. Got game pass on the wrong account, tried to change my microsoft store account in the xbox... - Similar Threads - Got game pass

2. i never got a pc game pass free trial despite never using it, it just never showed up for...

in XBoX on Windows
    i never got a pc game pass free trial despite never using it, it just never showed up for...: i wanted to use it to play a game but i opened the microsoft story and saw no free trial and was confused because i have never had or used game pass or any free trial before and i thought i was...
  3. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  4. How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...: My gta5 will not let me play it’s saying your profile needs promision to access gta online all day resherching and I can’t get it working ab258064-30d4-4c18-94f6-1198739b3e67
  5. I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?: I had no money and canceled the Game Pass Subscription within PayPal. Couldnt play Cities2 some days ago as I didnt have Game Pass, Im sure of it I checked the XBox Start Page for new Releases....
  6. I answered everything about the Doritos free xbox game pass thing and i never got it Y'all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I answered everything about the Doritos free xbox game pass thing and i never got it Y'all...: I redeemed the Doritos thing for the free xbox game pads and never got it f9ae1da9-68c6-4a48-b756-fcebdea0022b
  7. I entered the Doritos game pass code I bought from the cornerstore and still haven't got an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered the Doritos game pass code I bought from the cornerstore and still haven't got an...: I assumed when I entered the code it'd be on my Xbox already because my email is linked with it. Is this something I still have to wait for or should I have already gotten game pass after entering...
  8. I belive I'm hacked and I have lost my game pass and not got refunded

in XBoX Accessibility
    I belive I'm hacked and I have lost my game pass and not got refunded: Randomly while I was playing one of my game pass ultimate games I got disconnected and got 2 emails of Microsoft aying about how my account has been activated or somthing and then my game pass was...
  9. Just got the game pass for PC and I can't download any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just got the game pass for PC and I can't download any games: When prompted to select a drive (I only have C drive) it says "cannot set your default installation location to that folder" no matter what folder I select. I've tried restarting, updating apps...
  10. I got starfied game from game pass and it keeps freezing up and I can't do anything on the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got starfied game from game pass and it keeps freezing up and I can't do anything on the game: I download Starfield from game pass and now it won't let me finish my mission it keeps freezing up everytime i try to play i don't understand it was just working fine and now the one mission I'm...