Got charged for a FREE game? Refund denied..

Discus and support Got charged for a FREE game? Refund denied.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I downloaded a FREE game and then a couple days later, I got charged $16 for it. I asked for a refund but got denied as the game had been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brondlempochner, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Got charged for a FREE game? Refund denied..

Hi all,

I downloaded a FREE game and then a couple days later, I got charged $16 for it. I asked for a refund but got denied as the game had been played (obviously would have been played in the meantime...). Unable to contact anyone, or dispute the decision. This is illegal and not right but can't seem to contact ANYONE that can help. What's the go??

:)

brondlempochner, Feb 18, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

You need to reply to the refund denial email, explaining what happened. Replying to the email escalates it.

Which game was it? I've never heard of someone being charged for a free game before so am curious as to which one caused it
  3. Katmandude Win User

Sorry, Brond here. I've had to use another persons account to answer the question as it seems I'm locked out from this particular question.

The game is Asphalt 9, a car racing game. It's listed in the free games for Xbox even to this day. After Microsoft denied the refund, the only way I could reply, was to give feedback on the subject. I have had no responses from anyone, so I've had to get my bank to chase it up instead and start an investigation. There is no way I can directly reply to the Xbox case where refund was denied. There is simply no option I could find there.

I tried to answer you, but it kept saying my account doesn't exist, even though I can log into my Microsoft account naturally anyway, it just won't let me into my own forum question.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Very strange....I've just bought Asphalt 9 from the Store and it was free. The game does offer the possibility of buying things but it is all handled within the game and, far as I can tell, there's no separate DLC you can purchase. I have no clue how you ended up getting charged.

Regarding the refund, you should have received an email telling you your refund request had been denied and you could then reply to that email to escalate it and add more information. However, I have seen people before say they haven't received the email.

Not sure how much help it will be but here are the telephone numbers for Microsoft Store Support..just find your country:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/contact-microsoft-store-support
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Refund

Hello, Raoul. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

The Xbox customer service does not handle refund issues. Only the refund team does. If your refund got denied, you can only reply to the email you received about the refund request being denied and ask for another review of it.

If it is denied one more time, all you can do is to contact your bank or credit card company and dispute the charge.

I'm really sorry about this and I hope you understand.

Feel free to ask back any questions you might have.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

I did not get a refund and i didnt know there was refunds at the time i thought that was a a new game not a old game

someone got a full refund and it was past 14 days
    You're free to reply to the e-mail that you got denying your request for a refund, but "someone else got one" is not a reason you should get one. Good luck.
Thema:

1. Got charged for a FREE game? Refund denied.. - Similar Threads - Got charged FREE

2. got charged for V-bucks and didn’t get them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    got charged for V-bucks and didn’t get them: got charged for V-bucks and didn’t receive them, purchase went through on my card and when i try to submit something at epic’s support their website doesn’t work d2c52aca-3ba9-4415-b451-a85dfa350b40
  3. I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?: I had no money and canceled the Game Pass Subscription within PayPal. Couldnt play Cities2 some days ago as I didnt have Game Pass, Im sure of it I checked the XBox Start Page for new Releases....
  4. I had the same issue, attempted to buy Alan Wake game but got error and was double charged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had the same issue, attempted to buy Alan Wake game but got error and was double charged...: I hope to receive a full refund for my game charges since I still haven’t received the game, I’m afraid to try and buy any more games in case same issue occurs, this is why Inprefer physical...
  5. My good friend Yuri9493 just got charged 65 buck for call of duty iw and he can't play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My good friend Yuri9493 just got charged 65 buck for call of duty iw and he can't play it.: had to go on another account to pay for his game and when he bought it, it installed and he couldn't play it. I wonder if anyone could help or else me and him might have to switch to ps and not...
  6. I got charged twice for the one purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    I got charged twice for the one purchase: So I purchased apex coins worth 17.99 but on my revolut it shows two charges at the same time worth 17.99. There's only one purchase in my order history and I only got apex coins for the purchase...
  7. I just got a charge on my account but my card isnt linked to an account. It was previously...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a charge on my account but my card isnt linked to an account. It was previously...: No game sharing, i dont save the information anywhere and i dont even use my physical card so no possibility someones using it f385709a-f972-4df0-831d-c0686bb6e405
  8. Got a charge i don’t know what it’s for

in XBoX Accessibility
    Got a charge i don’t know what it’s for: I have gotten a charge of 74.71 and I have no idea what it is for. a8a9347c-683e-4a3d-9a70-526656efba8f
  9. I got charged twice for my gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got charged twice for my gamertag change: [img] got charged for the same thing twice at 2 different times, i just want my refund 9534e54b-b9d1-42b5-bb06-817b42cfde4e
  10. Need to cancel all Microsoft*Store Robux charges. Don't know how they got my credit card...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to cancel all Microsoft*Store Robux charges. Don't know how they got my credit card...: how to answer the question above is beyond me! I cannot get any response to canceling the charges placed on my credit card. Unauthorized charges and cannot get action from anyone to respond....