Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work

Discus and support Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I had a Modem/Router combo and everything worked with that, but it suffered from lag and stuttering. I upgraded to a new modem and separate router,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BUCKEYEIXI, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work

I had a Modem/Router combo and everything worked with that, but it suffered from lag and stuttering.

I upgraded to a new modem and separate router, and every other device is working great. However, when I try to Remote Play, it just says “Can’t connect right now, please try again later”

I’m playing on an iPhone, on WiFi. I’ve checked that my apps allow “Local Network”. I’ve checked that my Xbox allows remote play. I’ve restarted my phone and Xbox.

Idk what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/BUCKEYEIXI
    [link] [comments]

/u/BUCKEYEIXI, Jan 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Remote play doesn’t work.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Cterie

Sorry for the inconveniences, this is something that’s affecting some users after updating to iOS 16

Microsoft is already aware of the problem and an agent communicated this problem with the internal support
    You can check a related thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Remote play doesn’t work

Hi Ana, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, change your connection DNS.

Follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Let me know if it works!
  4. cterie Win User

Remote play doesn’t work.

Thanks for the info. I hope they update the app with a fix soon. There are games I want to play on my Xbox that is not on cloud gaming.
  5. VigilantRex Win User

Everything internet related is slow or does not work since I updated

OK

Motorolla SB6141 modem with netgear N600 Wireless router

it all works fine now.

Look like the solution to poor internet connectivity with the new XB1 OS is to upgrade to better Modem/WiFi Router
  6. BFriend16 Win User

Fable 3 stuck at 0%

Got the new modem up and running and it works great now. After less than an hour the game was done and ready to play. Thank you so much would not have thought it was the modem.
Thema:

Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work

1. Got a new Modem+Router, now Remote Play doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Got Modem+Router Remote

2. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  3. I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?: Okay unbanned me and my account bed318cb-6b51-4394-9dad-deb95da3f12c
  4. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  5. A couple days ago my xbox buttons got sticky

in XboX Insiders
    A couple days ago my xbox buttons got sticky: So I got a paper towel and rubbed water around the buttons turned it on didint think anything about a couple hours later it got worse now's it's all stuck need help submitted by /u/muffintoasty...
  6. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  7. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  8. Never got my reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Never got my reward: I redeemed 9500points for the one month of gamepass core and got the notification it went through. My point are gone but I still can’t play online. I restarted my game, my console, and even came...
  9. how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%: how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100% a27c1dac-f1fe-4bc5-a2ad-4fab93ec46c1
  10. Got a new modem/router and couldnt play multiplayer without be disconnected from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a new modem/router and couldnt play multiplayer without be disconnected from xbox live: hi i have just recently gotten a new modem/router from xfinity by comcast. it is the technicolor TC8305C. i have read around and found that switching and putting it into a DMZ will solve the...