Got a new disk for Skyrim - will it delete old save games?

Discus and support Got a new disk for Skyrim - will it delete old save games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have an original Skyrim disk which I used to play the game with. It didn't have the DLC included and I haven't downloaded the content. I now have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MaritimeCape8, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Got a new disk for Skyrim - will it delete old save games?

So I have an original Skyrim disk which I used to play the game with. It didn't have the DLC included and I haven't downloaded the content. I now have the legendary edition disk which includes the DLC on the disk along with the original game.

Question is this: if i insert the new disk with the DLC content on it, will I still be able to play my old saved game?

:)

MaritimeCape8, Jan 16, 2017
  2. disc-read error!

What I did was delete all my old game saves from Skyrim and just kept the new ones, that fixed it for me. Override your saves, don't make new saves.

IF JESUS PLAYED, Jan 16, 2017
  3. Fallout 4 Saves CONSTANTLY Becoming Corrupt

Hello

Bethesda has a history of their saves becoming corrupt if you repeatedly save over it again. I suggest making sure you save often, but also often create a new save file and delete some of the older to save space.

Various other games have had this issue, Fallout 3, New vegas, Skyrim, Oblivion.

FearedNightmare, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Got a new disk for Skyrim - will it delete old save games?

There should be no problems with your game save.

If you found this post helpful please remember to upvote it.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Jan 16, 2017
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

There should be no problems with your game save.

If you found this post helpful please remember to upvote it.
  6. IF JESUS PLAYED Win User

disc-read error!

What I did was delete all my old game saves from Skyrim and just kept the new ones, that fixed it for me. Override your saves, don't make new saves.
  7. Xeali0n Win User

AC vs Skyrim

I perferred Assassins creed over Skyrim maybe cause my Skyrim save got deleted somehow =(
  8. Bastion116 Win User

skyrim

Definitely a problem with the save file. Go to your memory storage and to your skyrim game. if the the icon where your save is a yellow circle with a white exclamation point on it, then its corrupt, plus it will also say corrupt. You may want to delete it.
    Once your done deleting it, or if you didnt you can go back to your game and restart a new one. recovering your old save wont seem to work.
  9. Pr0mis3 th3 qt Win User

How do I get rid of the error code 0x80830003

Yo thanks for responding so fast but yeah it still didn’t work I deleted old saves on games i dont play anymore I deleted clips on the Xbox network just in case (I have them on OneDrive to keep them btw)and I went offline to see if I could save and I still couldn’t so should I delete old saves on Skyrim and fallout to see if that works or no
Thema:

1. Got a new disk for Skyrim - will it delete old save games? - Similar Threads - Got disk Skyrim

2. Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Got this pop when linking my PlayStation to my Microsoft account: It’s call oauth and I downloaded it I do not know what it is 65e338aa-ffde-4571-a97f-664fa97ee7db
  3. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  4. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  5. I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?: Okay unbanned me and my account bed318cb-6b51-4394-9dad-deb95da3f12c
  6. Xbox not working since I got Fifa 24 disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not working since I got Fifa 24 disk: Hiya, I purchased Fifa 24 disk, 2 days after I got it my xbox one hasn't been working. When I turn the xbox on I can see the green 'who's playing screen' when I click that there is a white waiting...
  7. Its say to get a Xbox game pass ans ive got a disk to play Forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Its say to get a Xbox game pass ans ive got a disk to play Forza horizon 5: I got a disk to play fh5 but when i press A i says to get a Xbox game pass I clean thé disk ans it says again Im on Xbox Series X 54aca694-69e0-4c1c-9bef-8518cc7a12f4
  8. I got a sys_error disk read on my Xbox series s and now my console won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a sys_error disk read on my Xbox series s and now my console won’t turn on: What do I do I got the sys_error disk read error [21.0]: ‘frontend_ui.ff’ and then it just shut off and now it won’t turn back on I’ve been hung up on by Xbox support and haven’t gotten a answer...
  9. Got 0x8007070 error while having enough disk space

in XBoX on Windows
    Got 0x8007070 error while having enough disk space: Hello, I would like to download a game from the store (with my game pass) but I cant, because it tells me that I dont have enough disk space. I know that my main disk (where windows is installed)...
  10. MY disk got chiped in the xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MY disk got chiped in the xbox one: Recently I was playing Black Ops 3 and my game suddenly stopped working, at first I though the game had just crashed, but I keep trying but the game would not open. I took the disk out and it was...