Gold trial didn't allow for purchase of discounted game.

Discus and support Gold trial didn't allow for purchase of discounted game. in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; so just bought an Xbox and am using the 14 day gold membership. When I went to purchase battlefield 4 at the discounted price it did not let me... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by MAS0N M00SE, Aug 25, 2016.

1. MAS0N M00SE
    MAS0N M00SE Guest

so just bought an Xbox and am using the 14 day gold membership. When I went to purchase battlefield 4 at the discounted price it did not let me because apparently you don't get the benefits of gold when using a gold trial, doesn't really make sense to me.
    Don't call it a gold trial of you don't get the benefits of gold. Anyways I was then going to purchase a year of gold in order to get this deal but of course the deal Vanished. I talked to customer support which didn't do anything for me and I was sent here.
    Is there anyway I can purchase this game at the discounted price, or even pay full price and be credited the difference? Can Xbox do anything to make this right? Thanks in advance

:)

MAS0N M00SE, Aug 25, 2016
  2. TNGZ Tricky
    TNGZ Tricky Guest
    12 month gold discount not allowing purchase!

I have tried different solutions and it will still not allow me to purchase the discounted gold

TNGZ Tricky, Aug 25, 2016
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Getting problems with the 8C210003 Error

Are you trying to purchase a discounted game from the Deals with Gold or get the free download for Games With Gold? If so then the reason you're getting that error code is because a trial pass is only good for some Gold abilities such as online multiplayer.
    A trial cannot be used to take advantage of gold only deals.

8C210003

onyxishere, Aug 25, 2016
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Nope

You missed the sale period

Actually gold trial has always said you don't get the full benefits of gold

And.all.deals with gold do.state you need a paid membrrship as per the terms and conditions of the deals and games with gold program

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    FYI if you read the card it says only temporarymultiplayer access and limited other access

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Its on you to follow the terms and conditions of any sale

Limited time sales are limited time for a reason if you choose not to follow the terms of the sale that's on you

There is nothing to be made right except for your mistake which you corrected but too late

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  7. MAS0N M00SE
    MAS0N M00SE Guest
    Seems wrong to me to call it a gold membership trial...call it an online pass or something, to me it's kind of misleading and yes of course I could read the size 1 font explaining limitations but ultimately it's just misleading. If I'm using a "gold trial"
    I would expect to have access to gold features during that 14 day period....and what I mean by making it right is simple custom service that can be found at many other retailers that will gladly give at the sale price even though the sale has expired. I guess
    these customer service attributes just cannot be seen in a company like Microsoft.

MAS0N M00SE, Aug 25, 2016
  8. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Good luck finding a company who let's a customer correct his own mistake

After a sale is over

If you read the terms end conditions of the deals with gold and yes it is on the actual purchase screen

You must have a paid membrrship

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  9. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    You assume it's ms fault you didn't read the terms and conditions

When it is actually your fault

If you read the terms and conditions of the deals with gold battlefield 4 you would've noted it requires a paid membrrship not some free trial and yes it's next to the purchase price

And clearly labelled on the trial card

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  10. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    This is widely known

Not some obscure note

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  11. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Not all gold benefits and multilayer access only

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  12. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    This includes Sony and Nintendo if you do not read the terms and conditions there is no way to reinstate a sale without doing it for everyone however youndont seem to understand the isue

Its not my who controls the price but in this case ea who is the publisher

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  13. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Small retailers can because they are small not some major corporation who has to deal with publishers and customers too

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  14. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    If a sale says don't add water and you bring water is it the retailers fault you didn't bring water and didntnmeet the terms and conditions and didn't return on time

No its not

Terms and conditions are clearly stated during deals with gold and game's with gold

And the card does state it only comes with multuplayer benefits and only some features not all

ngocphi, Aug 25, 2016
  15. Hey there MAS0N M00SE,

A Gold trial will allow you to use many Xbox Live Gold services, however it will not allow you to use benefits such as Games with Gold or Deals with Gold, since it isn't classified as a paid subscription.

On the bottom of
    this page
    , you'll see the details letting you know that this is a feature only for paid subscriptions.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit more for you.

Mister Mascot, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Gold trial didn't allow for purchase of discounted game. - Similar Threads - Gold trial didn't

2. MY birthday was second of june 2023. Would Microsoft be so kind to give me a trial of gold...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MY birthday was second of june 2023. Would Microsoft be so kind to give me a trial of gold...: MY birthday was second of june 2023. Would Microsoft be so kind to give me a trial of gold for xbox ? 8db4f6bf-2c9b-4ff1-b432-3bd1f83cae95
  3. 14 day xbox live gold trial redeemed but not active

in XBoX on Consoles
    14 day xbox live gold trial redeemed but not active: Hi, yesterday i redeemed my 14 day xbox live gold trial on my uncle's xbox one. When playing in my xbox360, the 14 day xbox live gold is not active and i can't find it in my subscriptions. How...
  4. Using Game Pass trial code while Gold subscription is still active?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Game Pass trial code while Gold subscription is still active?: I currently have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription that has several months remaining. I also have an unused Game Pass (GP) trial code (forget if it was 14 day or 1 month). What would happen if...
  5. Xbox 14 day trial not working new profile never had gold before

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 14 day trial not working new profile never had gold before: So as stated i cant access anything gold related games multiplayer etc. Agents have not been able to help. Whats up with this ? 52fcd17d-7602-4499-a6d1-0c6792ca89d2
  6. I have just bought a new Xbox one. It came with a 14 day gold trial.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have just bought a new Xbox one. It came with a 14 day gold trial.: I can't go into multiplayer on Halo 4 , I get a no gold subscription and need permission to play online error message. What is going on? 99c7940a-760e-4d05-8069-5a9578807e28
  7. I didn't take my free Xbox live gold trial , I am sad. Plaese,fix the problem fast

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I didn't take my free Xbox live gold trial , I am sad. Plaese,fix the problem fast: I heard that there's a free trial of gold,when I go there I didn't find any of this,so I asked here for it but there was a problem ,and I didn't take the trial , please,fix the problem...
  8. Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial didn't activate on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial didn't activate on Xbox One: I recently redeemed a code on my Xbox One console for a 14-day Gold trial, but when I attempt to go on a game, it says that I need Gold Membership. I attempted to redeem the code again, but it...
  9. Activated 14 day Gold trial. Didn't realize I couldn't get games with Gold.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Activated 14 day Gold trial. Didn't realize I couldn't get games with Gold.: Hey guys, I meant to sign up for Xbox Live Gold on my new Xbox One, even bought a 1 year subscription to use. But when I opened the Xbox there was a 14 day Gold trial. So I figured sure I'll use...
  10. Xbox Live Gold month trial didn't work! And Now it is Billing me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold month trial didn't work! And Now it is Billing me!: I got a xbox one for christmas and set it up and activated the gold free trial. It didn't activate, and I couldn't go back and press the free trial again, so I figured it was a glitch and I was...