Gold subscription expires and friends disappear

Discus and support Gold subscription expires and friends disappear in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Each time I let my live gold subscription expire or turn it off my Xbox friend list goes empty and they cannot see me online either. But if I pay for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TTTJJJSSS007, Jan 29, 2023.

1. TTTJJJSSS007
    TTTJJJSSS007 Guest

Each time I let my live gold subscription expire or turn it off my Xbox friend list goes empty and they cannot see me online either. But if I pay for monthly it works again.

:)

TTTJJJSSS007, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

To confirm, have you also reset the console keeping games and apps?
  3. TTTJJJSSS007 Win User

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all the hardware reset steps. Doesn't help. It works fine while paid subscription is active and stops when payment expires.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This is not a normal scenario because even if you don't have an Xbox Live Gold subscription you should be able to see your friends still. We may need to perform troubleshooting steps such as extended power cycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  5. His Demon Queen Win User

Games DISAPPEAR from digital library (May 2019)

I do know that any games you got through Games With Gold disappear if your Xbox Live subscription expires.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I have been getting double billed for my Xbox Game Pass membership even though I only have one Xbox account / Device.

That's really strange
    May I know if you tried cancelling the subscription (or turn off recurring billing instead)
    And once the subscription expires, check if a new subscription appears or the double charge disappears
Thema:

1. Gold subscription expires and friends disappear - Similar Threads - Gold subscription expires

2. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  3. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  4. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  5. Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current try quitting and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current try quitting and...: So for whatever reason, I try to launch Minecraft, but it come up with this message, however, I have not subscribed for anything a7588e2d-599c-4947-99be-d13f170ab6cf
  6. Does Minecraft now require an Xbox Gold subscription for LAN play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Minecraft now require an Xbox Gold subscription for LAN play?: Trying to play bedrock edition with an Xbox One and PC and having a significant amount of difficulty. I was wondering if the way Xbox Gold interacts with LAN play has recently changed. Thanks!...
  7. My gold subscription for an account I don’t have any access to, is being payed of my credit...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gold subscription for an account I don’t have any access to, is being payed of my credit...: I have an old account which the Gt is ImnotJaco10 My credit info is still on that account, I’m not 100% sure that the email I thought was on it is, and I’ve been paying for gold for over 10 years...
  8. download game with gold the vale and cant buy games deals with gold. Subscription is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    download game with gold the vale and cant buy games deals with gold. Subscription is...: I have game pass ultimate subscription till 26.06.2024, but i cant download game with gold the vale and cant buy any games deals with gold, just for full price. Subscription is active...
  9. Xbox Live Gold Games not working with Ultimate Game Pass subscription

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live Gold Games not working with Ultimate Game Pass subscription: So, every time I download and launch an Xbox Gold game, it says I need to renew Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.. even though I renewed it. submitted by /u/theboost182 [link] [comments]
  10. I can no longer claim games with gold. I have an active Gamepass Ultimate Subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can no longer claim games with gold. I have an active Gamepass Ultimate Subscription...: I am unable to claim games with gold anymore. I have an active Gamepass Ultimate Subscription that's good until 3/30/2026. When trying to redeem the free game with gold for the month, Only price...