Gold Live / Pass Sharing, Profile Saves , 2 Consoles, One Home

Discus and support Gold Live / Pass Sharing, Profile Saves , 2 Consoles, One Home in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; My wife and I want to upgrade from campaign FPS split-screen gaming on our 360. I’ve read about setting home box in various artticles but info still... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by AaronFreemanHQ, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Gold Live / Pass Sharing, Profile Saves , 2 Consoles, One Home

My wife and I want to upgrade from campaign FPS split-screen gaming on our 360.

I’ve read about setting home box in various artticles but info still seems left out.

Games no longer split screen co-op campaign like Splitercell and Army of Two.

So, can you buy two xbox series x consoles, one gold live / game pass subscription, then home box this set up in the same living room with two TVs, buy One FPS game, share this game to both consoles thereby creating a husband / wife co-op campaign shooter
    over our local network?

Because there is one gold live subscription, will both gamer tags or profiles save game credits and the like or does only the profile linked to the gold subscription earn and save stuff?

Thanks,

A couple Gen X casual players

:)

AaronFreemanHQ, Nov 23, 2020
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Problem with Game Pass sharing

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this issue. When it comes to Xbox Game Pass, the subscription cannot be shared as the Xbox Live Gold subscription can. In order to play a game from Game Pass, your father's profile must be set as the Home
    Console profile of your console and then the game downloaded. After that, the Home Console setting will allow you to play the downloaded game on your profile, even when his profile is not signed in.

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

I hope that this helps out.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

how to have xbox live gold membership shared with 2 consoles

Hi there BadeFamily

It would the xbox gold account set on second console as home to share the gold but the first console will still have gold on that profile. That way account on 2 shares gold on console 2 but still able to use same gold on console one. :)
  4. WPAK Win User

xBox Live Gold: Multiple consoles.

Hi there,

there is not an option to share subscriptions in one household.

But since this is for 2 consoles, there is an alternate option.

You can use the Home console feature. If for example one of your kids accounts has a Gold subscription that account is able to use the Gold features on any console that is connected to Xbox Live.

That account is also able to assign one Xbox One console as their Home console, which will result that their Gold subscription is shared on that Home console, allowing other profiles on that Home console to use Gold features too.

See this link for more information in regards to Home console features:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

This will also be the case for other subscriptions and for digital purchased games.

In your situation, if child A has a Gold console, and assigns console 1 as their Home console, child B (and any other profile) will be able to use Gold features on console 1.

Child A will be able to use Gold features on any other console as long as the console is connected to Xbox Live (Internet)

Keep in mind that if their is a Service issue or internet issue, digital purchased games can only be played on the account's Home console.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask
  5. Kiesey Win User

Game pass sharing

Standard Xbox home sharing policies apply to Xbox Game Pass, just as they do to Xbox Live Gold. If you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription and have designated your home Xbox, you’ll automatically share your subscription with any profile signed in
    on that console.
  6. JimmyDickinson Win User

Xbox Live Gold access on single 'home' Xbox Series S for family member

There is plenty of information suggesting both Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold are shareable on a machine designated as the 'Home Xbox'. The below information is from the Xbox support information.

I have an Ultimate subscription and my Xbox is set as my home machine. My son is simply logging in to his profile on that same Xbox and has access to games I have downloaded on my side, but if he goes in to Live Gold on his side its asking him to subscribe and not allowing him to use my Gold subscription as suggested.

Can I share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on my Home Xbox?

Yes, standard Xbox home sharing policies apply for both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold. If you have an Ultimate subscription and have designated your home Xbox, you’ll automatically share your subscription with any profile signed in on that console.

Sharing your Xbox Live Gold subscription

Here’s how Xbox Live Gold subscribers can extend their Gold subscription benefits to friends and family.

At home: Make your primary Xbox (if you have more than one) your home Xbox, which gives anyone who signs in to the console with their profile the ability to use your Gold subscription.
Thema:

Gold Live / Pass Sharing, Profile Saves , 2 Consoles, One Home

1. Gold Live / Pass Sharing, Profile Saves , 2 Consoles, One Home - Similar Threads - Gold Live Pass

2. Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass: So back when I had Xbox Live Gold I got The Division as a Gold game, and I recently decided to play it again. However whenever I go to open the game it says I need to renew my Xbox Subscription...
  3. Game pass/live gold issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass/live gold issues: I am being told I need to own game pass to play games I already own via download and hardcopy I just paid for gold last month. This is so frustrating. I've done the resets and what not I found on...
  4. Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...: Alpha Skip-ahead member Xbox Insider: Why does Xbox store no longer have 6 months, 3 months, 1 and 2 yearly membership options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?...
  5. With Xbox game pass ultimate, Can I still redeem a game pass live gold?

in XboX Insiders
    With Xbox game pass ultimate, Can I still redeem a game pass live gold?: Yes! You can and you can refer to this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq Dro down the "With Xbox game pass ultimate,...
  6. I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass: I can not play Remnant 2 , it won't let me login . Says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass c0926a84-7c92-4e5b-81ac-675b788f4aba
  7. Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.: Xbox live gold membership dissapeared. Is there a way to get that licence back - can it be reused at a later time or be refunded? It wasn't used at all. d05871e6-f802-4da7-b281-3d4a587a418a
  8. Xbox Live Gold Games not working with Ultimate Game Pass subscription

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live Gold Games not working with Ultimate Game Pass subscription: So, every time I download and launch an Xbox Gold game, it says I need to renew Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.. even though I renewed it. submitted by /u/theboost182 [link] [comments]
  9. Game Pass Gold Live cant play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Gold Live cant play multiplayer: Gifted my grandchild a 3-month Gold Live Game Pass so she can play Halo Master chief collection and every time she trys to join multiplayer it goes right to a subscription screen to buy a Game...
  10. Does anyone here know how to get free game pass ultimate/live gold etc

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone here know how to get free game pass ultimate/live gold etc: I really need ultimate but I can't afford it. Can someone help? submitted by /u/Fellatoast [link] [comments]