Glitchy Xbox controller during remote play.

Discus and support Glitchy Xbox controller during remote play. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having this issue since October 2022 when I had my Xbox Controller connected to my Xbox it would not register button presses most of the time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LuigiPika, Mar 16, 2023.

1. LuigiPika
    LuigiPika Guest

I've been having this issue since October 2022 when I had my Xbox Controller connected to my Xbox it would not register button presses most of the time and the joy sticks would always think it's in neutral position.

:)

LuigiPika, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200.

Hello jameson knott,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with the controllers used during remote play where some of the buttons do not function correctly. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Does joysticks and triggers buttons work when using remote on other devices?

2. What type of controllers are you using? Can you provide make and model?

3. Have you tried connecting the connecting to other devices like through Windows Pc or Xbox console and no issues with the button function

It is possible that the type of controller does not fully support some of the functions of the button during remote play and cloud gaming. When playing Xbox games with cloud gaming and remote play, we recommend using an Xbox Wireless Controller connected via Bluetooth or USB cable. Many other types of wired and Bluetooth controllers can also work for cloud gaming. Controllers that are identified as Official Xbox and Designed for Xbox are optimized for the best cloud gaming experienceand remote play. Verified controllers will work for remote play and cloud gaming but may be less optimal.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. lostsyntax Win User

Media Remote Menu Button During DVD/Blue-Ray Playback

According tho Xbox Support on twitter there is no way to open a DVD/Blu Ray menu during playback using the Media Remote, suggestion was to use the XB1 controller for this functionality. Which, funny enough, is exactly why I bought the media remote so that
    I don't have to use the XB1 controller for controlling my media.

Sounds like they are working on a solution.
  4. StaceyMahoney Win User

Xbox One S - Media Remote Not Working

I'm experiencing the same thing. This didn't break for me until I updated my Xbox S console. The media remote lights up when you touch/move it, so I know it works -- and the Xbox Controller works - but the remote won't work with the console. Again, this
    happened during the most recent Xbox update.
  5. Cro Gal Win User

XBox Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer?

Yes, I agree. This is similar like remote play (app is the same). In the old xbox companion app for remote play you can use 4 controllers to remote play but unfortunally we canot use old xbox companion app with xbox series.
  6. Zerocool69 Win User

Smartglass use

It works,but it's glitchy if it's stuck like the op said,restart your whole xbox than go back into dead rising 3 and it should work,but if you close it at any point you risk it doing it again,it also happens sometimes during its use as well,I've done many
    missions with it but it's glitchy and this is the only get around I've found
Thema:

1. Glitchy Xbox controller during remote play. - Similar Threads - Glitchy controller during

2. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  3. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  4. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  5. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  6. Why whenever when i turn on my xbox one, the screen seems glitchy or broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why whenever when i turn on my xbox one, the screen seems glitchy or broken?: Whenever i turn on my xbox one, it seems broken or glitchy, its cut out one side so not the full screen and colors are severly changing, i already tried resetting my xbox but nothing worked, only...
  7. How do I fix glitchy Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix glitchy Xbox: My Xbox is glitch and lagging. Menu is jumpy, letters are glitching in and out. Can’t play any game. Reset 4 times, reset Wi-Fi, nothing is helping dbcff74b-34e0-490b-a112-2942393e0603
  8. My x-box is only glitchy when I’m playing the game, the rest of the time it’s fine but in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My x-box is only glitchy when I’m playing the game, the rest of the time it’s fine but in a...: My x-box is only glitchy when I’m playing the game, the rest of the time it’s fine but in a game it’s extremely pixelated what could this be from? Is it my internet?...
  9. glitchy graphics PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    glitchy graphics PC: hello ive been playing games using cloud gaming since my pc isnt able to keep up with current games and i keep getting glitchy or pixilated graphics my connection is great with my download speed...
  10. Glitchy graphics in high res games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Glitchy graphics in high res games: Recently got a series x and I’m finding that there are little blips of black or purple on the screen in higher res games. Halo infinite will load tons of them. Is my console toast?...