Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

Discus and support Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have young siblings who like to turn off the console while I am playing, and I never use the console button, opting to turn it on via the controller.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jaygee0315, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

I have young siblings who like to turn off the console while I am playing, and I never use the console button, opting to turn it on via the controller. It would be helpful to disable the button through the settings menu.

submitted by /u/jaygee0315
    [link] [comments]

/u/jaygee0315, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ellarianora Win User

None of my apps are launching!

Have you tried performing a power cycle?

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in instant-on power mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Instant-on mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
  3. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Dlc not downloaded

Hi I looked around for a solution and the most helpful for this kind of problem was to power cycle the console

Physically power cycle the console

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button
       on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the
      Xbox
      button  on the console or the
      Xbox
      button  on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in instant-on power mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Instant-on mode, or the ability to turn on your
    console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
  4. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Missing messages xbox one

Let's try power recycling your console

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button
       on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the
      Xbox
      button  on the console or the
      Xbox
      button  on your controller.

Important If your console is in instant-on power mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Instant-on mode, or the ability to turn on your
    console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
  5. At the Nozzle Win User

Friends list will not load

Try a power cycle and see if it helps!

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on
      the console or the Xbox button on your
      controller.

• Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
    Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the
    console.

Best,

Nozzle :)
  6. TMX boxburn Win User

Failed system update

Can you give this a go and see if it makes any difference:

Turn off your console, press and hold the console’s Sync button and power the console on, when the circle of light stops spinning release the Sync button and turn the console back off. Finally turn it back on again.
Thema:

Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

1. Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console - Similar Threads - ability turn off

2. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  3. Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play

in XboX Insiders
    Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play: I love playing competitive games with people who are on a level playing field, but you throw PC gamers into the mix and I feel they have an extremely unfair advantage when pitted against xbox and...
  4. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  5. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  6. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  7. We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor: We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor, because i loved spending hours messing around with the characters back in 2019, but now i'm super bummed out that i have to...
  8. When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.: I know Xbox has the ability to turn off crossplay. PC community cheats way too often and we’re at a disadvantag. PlayStation allows for them to do it, so can you. Really like Xbox but if we don’t...
  9. Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...: Can someone please help me before I football kick my phone across the room at mach ten. 7702d1fe-6045-46cc-9fbc-2cd9f6fa219e
  10. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...