Girlfriend's microsoft account is blocked and we can't reset the password

Discus and support Girlfriend's microsoft account is blocked and we can't reset the password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My girlfriend has been trying to relink her microsoft to Minecraft on the PS4. The microsoft account is for a very old email address of hers, and she... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kieran Ferreira1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Girlfriend's microsoft account is blocked and we can't reset the password

My girlfriend has been trying to relink her microsoft to Minecraft on the PS4. The microsoft account is for a very old email address of hers, and she can't remember the password.

When trying reset the password, no amount of requests work. The account got blocked because we tried signing in with any passwords we thought it could be, so we have no choice but to try reset the password.

She only ever had 1 password on that account to her knowledge (which again, she can't remember). There is a section on the form where you can input any emails you've sent out. She has never used outlook on that account, only yahoo. Would that work at all? I understand microsoft probably doesn't have access to those email logs, but it's worth asking.

I cannot find any extra help with this, and there's now no longer a customer help line, so I can't even get in contact with an employee that will actually understand the situation.

I'd really appreciate any help on this, I need it. constantly trying to do the reset forms a few times every 24 hours seems like it won't achieve anything, and she needs the account or else she can't use the cross platform system microsoft has set up.

Thanks a bunch

:)

Kieran Ferreira1, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Kieran Ferreira1 Win User

Hi Josef,

I do actually have access to her email address, I forgot to mention that.

We're logged into that email address on yahoo.

The password on yahoo is not the same on Microsoft, much to our dismay :)

When trying to recover the account I use my personal email address to get the recovery codes, and then fill in the forms to reset her password

But Everytime I try, I get an automated reply within a few minutes saying that there wasn't sufficient information to validate account ownership

But I don't know what more information I can supply, as she didn't use outlook and only had 1 password to her knowledge that she doesn't know anymore

I hope this helps
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kieran

If your girlfriend’s account was created using a yahoo domain the best option is reach Yahoo support, recover this account and then try to reset the Microsoft account password
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

password reset/blocked account

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Logan

Yes, right now the only way to cancel a subscription is sign in with the account that owns it.

I can advise you keep trying with the recovery form (and fill it with different info on the second try) until it gets accepted by Microsoft account recovery team

In the meantime I think the best option would be freeze/block the card asking it to your financial institution, in that way your dad is not going to be charged next month and keep it in that way until you're able to recover the account

Cheers bud
  6. onyxishere Win User

forgotten password

Thema:

1. Girlfriend's microsoft account is blocked and we can't reset the password - Similar Threads - Girlfriend's microsoft account

2. I have been gamer pic banned, for a photo of me and my girlfriend? (attached)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been gamer pic banned, for a photo of me and my girlfriend? (attached): So i have been communication banned (however on enforcements it appears with the tag “gamer pic ban”) for a profile picture of me and my girlfriend? the picture isnt sexually suggestive, nor...
  3. Will giving my Xbox account to my girlfriend for her to play Xcloud, compromise my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Will giving my Xbox account to my girlfriend for her to play Xcloud, compromise my account...: Keep in mind me and my gf live in different regions. She loves assassins creed and loved it when she played it at my home, now I am at her location and am playing through Xcloud. I realised that...
  4. I am trying to and my girlfriend on xbox, but I am getting a message saying "sorry, we...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to and my girlfriend on xbox, but I am getting a message saying "sorry, we...: Hi. I'm trying to add my girlfriend on xbox, but I'm getting a message saying "sorry, we can't save your changes right now. Try again in a while" This has been going on for a few months now. I...
  5. How to stop game sharing on my ex girlfriend xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop game sharing on my ex girlfriend xbox: I can't go to her house to stop the gamesharing and I also don't have anybody else to GameShare with and don't want her having free access to my games or my gold membership what do I...
  6. Minecraft - Why can't I join my girlfriend who's playing on the PS5 from my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Why can't I join my girlfriend who's playing on the PS5 from my PC?: Hello, I'm having issues with Minecraft. For some reason, whenever I try to join the server my girlfriend is playing on from her PS5, I receive an "unable to load world" error. I have tried...
  7. (Xbox Series S) How do I play co-op with my girlfriend

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Xbox Series S) How do I play co-op with my girlfriend: I want to play a game on Xbox series S with my girlfriend but it turns out the game does not support split screen. Before I go out and buy another series S, I would like to know some details of...
  8. I bought a minecraft gift for my girlfriend and it is geolocked for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a minecraft gift for my girlfriend and it is geolocked for no reason: I bought my girlfriend minecraft today so we could play together. We are both Romanians and are currently both living in Ireland. Both our microsoft accounts were made in Romania. Well, after...
  9. I want to play non-spilt screen multiplayer with my girlfriend in the same room.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to play non-spilt screen multiplayer with my girlfriend in the same room.: I want to be able to play non-split screen multiplayer games, owned or on the gamepass, with my girlfriend in the same room. HARDWARE: I have an Xbox series x and an Xbox One. I'm going to buy a...
  10. My girlfriend is trying to start a realm on her Nintendo switch and it’s claiming she is a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My girlfriend is trying to start a realm on her Nintendo switch and it’s claiming she is a...: Me and my girlfriend are trying to start a new realm on her Nintendo switch but it is saying she can’t create it because of her settings on clubs. ef21219f-beea-428b-a959-b62de94f4585