Gifted 2 games and want a refund

Discus and support Gifted 2 games and want a refund in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have gifted my friends 2 games and he doesn't want to play them anymore, and when I try to go and get a refund, it won't let me. I even went through... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rapid1115, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Rapid1115
    Rapid1115 Guest

I have gifted my friends 2 games and he doesn't want to play them anymore, and when I try to go and get a refund, it won't let me. I even went through my order history in hopes of it letting me refund the games from there, but it won't let me do that either. I gifted the games 3 days ago, and he redeemed both of them, so I should be able to request a refund, but I can't.

:)

Rapid1115, Oct 10, 2022
  2. Rapid1115 Win User

the funny thing is, i gifted him a game a while ago, he redeemed it, played it for like 3 days, then deleted it and i was able to refund it. so it makes no sense that i was able to refund a gifted game back then but can’t do it now.
  3. ngocphi Win User

You can't because you gifted them and he redeemed them

Redeemed codes aren't refundable.

Only codes that aren't or can't be used

This includes gift xards and no they aren't transferable

The played rule only applies to games you bought and played

But since its a gift the redeemed rule applies
  4. ngocphi Win User

you can't refund it also applies to redeemed codes which nulls and voids the refund policy

As mentioned in the refund policy you CANT unredeem the code

Nolte the article ajj mentioned
  5. Yineca Win User

Once a code is redeemed it’s no longer available to refund
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Rapid1115! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I understand you'd like to cancel these purchases.

Unfortunately, requesting a refund for redeemed gifts is not possible.

For your reference:

"You must request a refund for an unredeemed code within 14 days of making the purchase. If the code has been redeemed, we’re unable to process a refund, even if it’s within 14 days of purchase."

Source - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Gifted 2 games and want a refund - Similar Threads - Gifted games refund

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...: I bought wwll and found out I already had it on another xbox so I refunded it it was approved but u didn't get the money on my gift card b77d7537-26cb-4b7a-a2f5-42a94be240e4
  4. I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund: I gifted jedi survivor to him on the 25th and it's the 28th and he doesnt have it and I cant refund 397e774c-7603-488c-9c94-85da2d17e7b1
  5. I would like to refund a game i gifted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to refund a game i gifted: i gifted my friend red dead redemtion 2 but it doesnt't work for some reason it doesnt't even start and i would like to reguest a refund if it's possible baecf9db-39f3-4152-87c4-955797e024d6
  6. Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app: Hello, yesterday i brought Minecraft for a nephew from the XBOX windows app, but when he tried to redeem said is another region, when both live in the same country, so like the code was not...
  7. Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...: I bought the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor for my friend as a gift and sent him the code, not knowing it was only available for the Series X/S. He only has an Xbox One and when he redeemed the code,...
  8. Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted...: Hi, I bought my son Microsoft Flight Simulator as a gift from the Microsoft Store, and when he redeemed the code on his Xbox it accepted the code but then said it was incompatible. He has an...
  9. When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back?: I’ve refunded Halo MCC which I bought with a gift card, do the funds actually get reinstated? When my refund request was approved the website basically said “we’ll respond when the funds are...
  10. How do I refund my gifted game or cancel and refund my gift?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I refund my gifted game or cancel and refund my gift?: Hello there So I gifted my friend a game, but he could not redeem it due to us being in different regions, So I went to go try refunding it, I went to order history, but it only shows me that I...