Gift card posted to wrong user on account

Discus and support Gift card posted to wrong user on account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have a family account. User 1 used to play Fortnite. User 1 no longer plays Fortnite and does not have it downloaded. User 2 plays Fortnite and has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CameronLawson, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Gift card posted to wrong user on account

We have a family account. User 1 used to play Fortnite. User 1 no longer plays Fortnite and does not have it downloaded. User 2 plays Fortnite and has it downloaded. A gift card was bought for user 2. When trying to redeem the gift card under user 2, the
    gift card was applied to user 1. It is specifically a Fortnite v bucks gift card. How do we get it so user 2 can use this gift card?

:)

CameronLawson, Jan 19, 2021
  2. DeniqL Win User

I put my vbuck card on the wrong account.

Hi Steven, so you redeemed a gift card on the wrong account?
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi there Jane,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with redeeming the gift card on the wrong account.

What type of gift card was it? (Currency/Subscription)

Unfortunately, if the gift card is for Microsoft Currency you will not be able to transfer or refund. The funds will get attached to the account it was redeemed on.

Hope this helps.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Funds added to wrong email

Hello MilitantTaco,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your son redeemed an Xbox gift card to the wrong account, and you would like the funds to be transferred to the correct account. You would also like to know if game licenses can be transferred
    as well. The redemption and use of gift cards (other than Skype gift cards) are governed by the

Microsoft Gift Card Terms and Conditions
    . The terms and conditions state, "Your Microsoft account balance
    is non-transferable to another person or Microsoft account." in section 2.5. The licenses for games are not transferrable as well.

There are options available in this scenario that we can take. The funds on the account cannot be transferred. However, a Microsoft account user can

gift certain items on the Microsoft Store like games
    to another Microsoft account. The person receiving the gift will get an email with a code for the item. The games that are already on the account cannot be traferred either, but you can use
    the home console feature
    on an Xbox One to share games from one account to another. The article we provided explains more about sharing content and subscriptions through the console. We hope this information helps
    MilitantTaco!
  5. RaeRae4 Win User

Fortnite - 2,500 (+300 Bonus) V-Bucks.

I redeemed my xbox gift card under wrong account. How can i get it to a different one?
  6. iV L3G3NDz T1M Win User

Microsoft Account

Thema:

Gift card posted to wrong user on account

1. Gift card posted to wrong user on account - Similar Threads - Gift card posted

2. Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...: Trying to redeem points for $25 dollar xbox gift card. Click on redeem and just keep getting try again over and over. f404b7a3-dcc5-44af-874a-ad1fe6b3b5fe
  3. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  4. I how to redeem gift card from rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    I how to redeem gift card from rewards: I just brought a 3 dollar gift card on my Microsoft account and didn’t receive and also when I look at purchase history it doesn’t show there but it took the points for it from my total...
  5. My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases: My account was hacked and they bought three gift cards before I locked my card. 2 $10 gift cards and 1 $15 gift card. I need my money back. Order numbers: [mod removed]...
  6. Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help: Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help 87b69d64-4874-4212-8664-2a07504ba6d2
  7. I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...: I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif card but when i go to pay it onky says i have 0.51 how can i fix this 021c67f3-a7d5-4eca-ab41-70235782c6ec
  8. Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...: Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which retailer i bought it from. Turns out it was not activated, how can i now use it?...
  9. What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if I claim Xbox gift card on the wrong account: I accidentally claimed my $20 Xbox gift card on the wrong account and I am trying to get it onto my main account 24c0ca6d-0f2a-4531-ab80-d7845238922d
  10. Microsoft Store Gift Card; with physical stores closed, how can I redeem them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Gift Card; with physical stores closed, how can I redeem them?: I have two old Microsoft Store gift cards (had received them as gift several years ago). They say on the back that "This Card does not expire", but they come with a 16-digit code which cannot be...