Gift card not working and can't take back to retailer

Discus and support Gift card not working and can't take back to retailer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I brought my nephew a £15.99 gift card for fortnite but it won't work, we have followed all things to do but still not working. Can't go back to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by clairewilliams-bradley, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Gift card not working and can't take back to retailer

I brought my nephew a £15.99 gift card for fortnite but it won't work, we have followed all things to do but still not working. Can't go back to retailer, what else can I do plz or who can I contact

:)

clairewilliams-bradley, Dec 16, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If I may ask, what is the error that you're getting whenever you're trying to redeem the code?
  3. ngocphi Win User

Cancel and refund Xbox gift card?

Well no as giftcards can't be refunded

This is on the card itself

You can cancel a purchase using a giftcards but giftcards fall under your retailer and no retailer in the world will take a gift card back your only option would be to sell the card at a discount online if unused

If used and put onto your account then it's stays there

You can refund purchases using the giftcards but as mentioned ir only goes to the original payment method

.and since gift cards arent refundable they stay on your account
  4. Eden0032 Win User

I bought giftcards But it has been already redeemed

Hi there.

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done by Microsoft in terms of redeemed gift cards. You will need to take the gift cards back to the retailer where you purchased them from and explain the issue. They may issue a new gift card or refund your purchase.

Thanks,

5. XBF Leo G Win User

cartao presente do xbox -[Translation - xbox gift card]

Hello HinataDragon,

Thanks for keeping us updated. If the Xbox Gift Card is not activated, you will need to take it back to the retailer in order to get it activated. An Xbox Gift Card is activated when it is scanned out of the retailer's system. Some retailers require
    the card to be scanned in a specific manner, and that might be what's affecting the Xbox Gift Card. We have a support article that explains more about

this specific scenario
    . We hops this information helps HinataDragon!
  6. RiposaurusRex Win User

12 month codes and credit code not redeeming.

Error code 801613FB is preceded by the following message:

Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live.

If you get this message and error code, it means the card with the prepaid code might need to be activated by the retailer where you bought it.

Solution 1: Wait 24 hours and if it’s still not working, take the card back to the retailer

Some prepaid cards must be activated by a retailer. Activation can take up to 24 hours. If the card does not work 24 hours after purchase, take the card back to the retailer and ask them to activate it.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup is your friend.
Thema:

1. Gift card not working and can't take back to retailer - Similar Threads - Gift card working

2. Gift card for fortnite won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    Gift card for fortnite won’t work: I have been trying to redeem a Fortnite vbucks card and it keeps connecting me to a different epic games account and I it won’t let me link my Xbox account to that account is there any possible...
  3. I have Vanilla Visa gift cards (2) and neither of them are working when I try to register...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Vanilla Visa gift cards (2) and neither of them are working when I try to register...: It says "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." and yet from what I can tell it does match so I am kinda confused, I think it's something with the CVV but I put what...
  4. why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesnt my gift card i bought at walmart work: I bought a 29.99 dollar gift card for java and bedrock at walmart It wouldnt work when i put it in i would like to know why 71910da3-3f5d-45e0-b5b6-cb8f1a1e0d5a
  5. if i accidently splited my xbox gift card will it still work?

in XBoX on Windows
    if i accidently splited my xbox gift card will it still work?: hey i accidenly splitted my gift card in half will it still work to redeem? 4ff4436c-3c06-4792-8ce6-8827fde2c1ea
  6. Do xbox gift cards work to buy minecraft on the minecraft website?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do xbox gift cards work to buy minecraft on the minecraft website?: Do xbox gift cards work to buy minecraft on the minecraft website? b79b78ef-264d-49e5-8ac5-7a81d6516468
  7. Why is my Xbox gift card code not working even though I put the code in right

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox gift card code not working even though I put the code in right: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** b041d868-22c1-48df-9c4e-ffb36debb107
  8. How do I get a refund on a X Box gift card that doesn't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get a refund on a X Box gift card that doesn't work.: I purchased two $100.00 gift cards for a friend, one card doesn't work. How do I get a refund or replacement card. 1e42e74f-2027-4bb9-8f5a-31d242d89c53
  9. Can india 999 INR gift card work for robux

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can india 999 INR gift card work for robux: Hi, Since I live in india and and can only buy xbox gift cards in INR, I am wondering if it will work to buy robux still since that says its USD, Thank you a4cef5a5-ab83-446a-9f80-7284dd8b4684
  10. Gift card content not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Gift card content not working: Hello I had redeemed a 20$ apex legends gift card and haven’t received the coins in game what do I to fix it thank you 9a0af9f1-cec8-4b67-93ac-e1ac05c700e2