Ghost imputs from xbox controller (up/down)

Discus and support Ghost imputs from xbox controller (up/down) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having a problem with my PC. When playing fifa using my Xbox series X/s controller there are random up and down signals. This is a problem when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anton Siemonsma, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Ghost imputs from xbox controller (up/down)

I am having a problem with my PC. When playing fifa using my Xbox series X/s controller there are random up and down signals. This is a problem when trying to select anything in the menu, if I manage to start a game, I Don't have the problem anymore. If I press the windows button on my keyboard, it will also move the selector up and down, even if I disconnect the controller. This only occurs after I have used the controller, if I just start up my PC and leave my controller off, I have no trouble. I have noticed this problem in FIFA 22 and F1 21, the only two games where I use a controller.
    I have already reinstalled FIFA 22, checked controller drivers (I would like to know where to find new windows 10 and 11 ones) and I have reset the controller. I have also run all updates that windows could find on my PC.

I have this problem on both computers that I have used this controller on. One runs on Windows 11 and the other (the one I am currently with) is running on windows 10. These are the only two computers that I have recently used my controller with.
    I have had this problem for longer, but it used to be just now and then, now it is all of the time. What can I do? Is it something with my controller and if so, why does the problem continue to exist when I disconnect my controller?

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming ****

****This product is not supported in the selected locale, we are moving this to en-us for proper support***

:)

Anton Siemonsma, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Anton Siemonsma,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Anton Siemonsma,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

To answer your question, we might need to isolate your issue so we will need to know the cause of it. We understand that you are trying to play FIFA using your Xbox Series X|S Controller. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, you have tested the issue on one game title alone - FIFA. May we ask if you can try to test other game title of Xbox or any game from Microsoft Store like Microsoft Solitaire Collection and the like?

May we know if you are using Xbox Accessories app?

We would like to ask for screen recording of the issue. Please send it via Private Message (click here) or go to your profile (Anton Siemonsma) and select View Private Messages.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Anton Siemonsma,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

5. ElectroFlying Win User

Constantly going to the left

Hmm. Not sure on the X1, but on the 360 if your thumbsticks ghosts to the left, right, up, or down. Then the system remembers the last input from the controller. Even if you turn the controller off.

Try another controller and see if it still does it. Be sure not to turn on your old controller, and to power on the system with your 2nd controller.

Hope this helps.
  6. Rubeste Win User

Is windows 10 breaking my controller?

I have the latest version of Windows 10. I use bluethooth and the USB cable that is for xbox controllers and both options do not work on my and other computers. If it is the cable or bluethooth that would be extremely weird as it clearly shows in my video
    that the controllor imput works fine in the test program from control panel. Thanks for reading.
Thema:

1. Ghost imputs from xbox controller (up/down) - Similar Threads - Ghost imputs controller

2. Ghost Recon year 1 pass won't appear in the xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ghost Recon year 1 pass won't appear in the xbox: Hi, I am trying to purchase the ghost recon year 1 pass, but am having problems getting the purchase to appear on my xbox. I think my Xbox profile and microsoft account are mixed up somehow. I...
  3. Call of Duty: Ghost DLC not downloaded correctly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Ghost DLC not downloaded correctly: I recently purchased the Call of Duty: Ghost add-on Season Pass. I go in game to download the items I have purchased but they are still at their original set price. I go on to discover that the...
  4. COD Ghosts screen glitches and breaks while opening on Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    COD Ghosts screen glitches and breaks while opening on Xbox.: So, I'm having major issues with fixing this bug on Call of Duty: Ghosts, when I open the game the screen immediately splits into two uneven screens and leaves a major static bar in the middle....
  5. Ghost Recon Gold Edition Year One Pass cannot install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ghost Recon Gold Edition Year One Pass cannot install: How the [mod removed] do I get the game to install the Year One Pass I am on Xbox One Series X and all I get is the Base Game - and UbiCrap has only provided a flyer/slip/printout thing with a...
  6. Accidentally deleted Ghost REcon Breakpoint character. Can Ubisoft bring it back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted Ghost REcon Breakpoint character. Can Ubisoft bring it back.: account had over 1000 hours help bf14d94b-39c9-41a7-afdf-42740c5f2805
  7. Ghosting on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ghosting on xbox series x: I've been noticing ghosting on my tv and my monitor on my monitor i feel like i have to set my refresh rate to each game im playing in order for it to go away my monitor is 165hz from msi and i...
  8. Ghost messages on xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Ghost messages on xbox: Pretty much have ghost messages on ALL Platforms with no way to find then Had a support worker try to fix it by resetting the xbox app multiiple times with no result and was told that they would...
  9. Linked ghost microsoft account to minecraft (stuck)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linked ghost microsoft account to minecraft (stuck): Ive been trying to connect my microsoft account to minecraft on Playstation. It says its already linked to different ghost account(random account for 1 time use) and i cant unlink it, i have no...
  10. Hello when i was playing fortnite on my xbox series s i noticed ghosting on my character...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello when i was playing fortnite on my xbox series s i noticed ghosting on my character...: i need help on what to do with this problem.And it happens on my character and the pickaxe and when im emoting. fd8d5348-687e-4b20-b282-749783f9548a