getting new router

Discus and support getting new router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am so sick of our Linksys EA4500 so am looking to get new router that can support our gaming addiction We have 4 xbox 360's , PS3 and 4, X1 and 4... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Merenwen 812, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Merenwen 812
    Merenwen 812 Guest

getting new router

I am so sick of our Linksys EA4500 so am looking to get new router that can support our gaming addiction

We have 4 xbox 360's , PS3 and 4, X1 and 4 computers

on the weekends when we have friends over, there can be 5-8 things running at once

either we are all on 360 playing mass effect online or on PCs/laptops playing games there.

I looked at this guide http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/...-hardware/02-routers/default.aspx?PageIndex=1

but some of the routers are not listed at all, so before I go buy I thought I'd ask to see if this can support open NAT on 2+ consoles

Netgear Model: WNDR4300-100NAS or Model:
    R7000-100NAS

the thing with the 2nd one is if I understand correctly, the PS4 and X1
    does not support wireless AC, but still use N, so thinking that one would really be overkill

thanks for your help and input

:)

Merenwen 812, Jan 2, 2014
  2. MTSugarfree
    MTSugarfree Guest
    Stupid Question but advice is appreciated

@op - it depends on your hardware, but as close to the source as possible is preferred. There should not be a significant drop from the modem to the router, if there is, maybe get a new router.

MTSugarfree, Jan 2, 2014
  3. xXP3T3RXx
    xXP3T3RXx Guest
    Problems in Halo Reach

Contact 343 Industries about the issue and try getting new internet provider or buy a new router

xXP3T3RXx, Jan 2, 2014
  4. N7 Gh0stz Win User

new router

HaHa the super hub 2 was made 2 years ago lol trust its new it just doesnt seem to agree with the xbox one
  5. AdamDietterick Win User

new router

The both look comparably even on tech specs. It just depends on how much you want to spend. Between the two I would go with the Asus, because when installing cable TV/Internet. I had customers that had just awful experiences
    with Netgear. Most routers are all the same I believe. My personal preferences is Cisco/Linksys routers, but that is just me. Also, I don't believe you need to spend $200 to get a very good router. Plenty of times, tech companies or retail stores always
    have some of sale. And they can be ones with really good specs. Just do a good bit of researching and you can get a good deal. The Cisco E2000 I have right now. I got it about 2 years ago for around $90 to $100. And it reliably supports a desktop, two
    smartphones, Surface 2, Xbox 1 and 360. And I have no issues while gaming, the X1 is wired and the 360 is wireless. Good luck on your search.
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

new router

Netgear would be your best bet. A lot of people use Netgear or Linksys so either one of those will do just fine.
  7. AdamDietterick Win User

new router

Have you tried looking for a firmware update for it? Sometimes these things are not well mentioned by companies, unless you religiously visit their websites.
  8. AdamDietterick Win User

new router

Your current equipment may be getting old and doesn't function at the same level. I usually replace my router and modem every 4 to 4.5 years. I have had only two router in the past eight years. I kept my first around as a backup
    for unfortunate incidents. I would not play games on a 10 year old router but it would be good enough for browsing the Web.
Thema:

getting new router

1. getting new router - Similar Threads - getting router

2. How can get my router to run ipv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can get my router to run ipv6: My router is connecting using ipv4. How can I get my router to connect ipv6? e93e65ee-b0ef-4c22-ac84-0771781bd332
  3. I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...: I have an old Xbox that couldn't connect so I bought the Xbox X and that wouldn't connect either. I've tried restarting, unplugging for 60 seconds, every troubleshooting option there is and...
  4. Getting error message saying my router is using something other than the WPA2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting error message saying my router is using something other than the WPA2: I’m getting a Security Protocol Error. Says this console supports WPA2/WPA3 and my router does not support this. What is this? No one I talk to knows what this is, never. Had problems connecting...
  5. Profile sign-in takes ages after getting a new router, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile sign-in takes ages after getting a new router, how do I fix this?: I connect to my xbox series x over ethernet. I recently got a new router. I have 500MB internet. When I boot my xbox, it prompts me to choose who to sign in (I have it set to auto sign-in my...
  6. Why does my Xbox get "filtered" by my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox get "filtered" by my router?: I'm a bit frustrated because i had a similar issue with my Xbox One as i am having now with my Xbox Series S where my router will only filter out my Xbox from being connected to the internet. I've...
  7. My isp and my router supports and enabled. Ipv6. Now how can i get my Xbox One to switch to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My isp and my router supports and enabled. Ipv6. Now how can i get my Xbox One to switch to...: How do i switch my Xbox one from ipv4 to ipv6 if my isp and my router supports it? a083d611-b49f-45b5-91e2-3c3a2cdaa584
  8. how do I get my new xbox series s to connect to the internet via my asus router

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do I get my new xbox series s to connect to the internet via my asus router: (but it tethers on my phone fine) - how do I get it to connect via my router? Ive mucked about with DNS and port selections according to various articlesI researched - but no luck. Any...
  9. How can I get my Xbox to pick up IPv6 when my router has it enabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my Xbox to pick up IPv6 when my router has it enabled?: What am I trying to do is get my Xbox to use IPv6 instead of IPv4. I have read the Xbox support page on IPv6. I have also talked with my ISP (Internet Service Provider) support and the router's...
  10. Help me get the right router for my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me get the right router for my xbox one: I'm looking for a good gaming router for my fat xbox one, Which one should i buy? At a reasonable price. I'm using wired connection. The only brand I know is tp link but I heard its not good for...